Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
InfernoFlame
SUPRMNN

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM/IOM
Hockey Stripes and Hood problems...

Say has anyone around the forum had problems with their stripes (whether it be rally or hockey) and get their money back for them?
Ive had nothing but problems with my hockey and hood stripes (took 3 times just to get the hood right) and now after being parked since Nov 30th there's like 3 bubbles in the vinyl (hood and passenger hockey).
I just like to get some information on this considering I've learned more on here than my dealer could share.
I know they're covered under warranty but not sure how they are about returns.
Personally I'd rather get credit than cash anyways.
InfernoFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Question, did you do them yourself or have a pro vinyl guy do them? There in itself may be your answer. Many vinyl guys here on Camaro5 will argue they sell them to you and if they don't install correctly, it may be the installers fault and not that of their product.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i had a bubble in my hood stripes,but after being in the sun it wasn't there any more.i just thought the heat on the hood expanded them.i have heard you can stick them with a pin and press it down.i am not an expert on this.just a couple of suggestions.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
InfernoFlame
SUPRMNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
Question, did you do them yourself or have a pro vinyl guy do them? There in itself may be your answer. Many vinyl guys here on Camaro5 will argue they sell them to you and if they don't install correctly, it may be the installers fault and not that of their product.
No my dealerships body shop did them. That way I had the warranty...
Old 03-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
InfernoFlame
SUPRMNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
i had a bubble in my hood stripes,but after being in the sun it wasn't there any more.i just thought the heat on the hood expanded them.i have heard you can stick them with a pin and press it down.i am not an expert on this.just a couple of suggestions.
I tried heating it up and working it out but the vinyl actually cracked where the bubble was. It's the matte black hockey and hood so any imperfection really tends to stick out. Thanks for the suggestion. I just wanted to know how much of a pain it might be if I just want a refund from GM because I dont want them to take another month of back and forth so they can get it "right" again.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I cant help you but mine are perfect. If you like the stripes, make them redo them (at their cost). Its not that hard to get them perfect. Hell, I had them remove the front facia so I didnt have that nasty gap at the joint. I wanted the vinyl rolled under and not gapped or ovelapped. I think it came out perfect and there are zero issues with mine after 6000 miles. If you dont want to screw around with it, a refund is unlikely. Worth a shot but its a long one.

IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
My Dealership had mine sent out to a shop be done the day my Camaro arrived, mine are perfect, but if your dealerships own bodyshop did them, then they definitely have to replace them.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I would only have stripes that are painted on. Too many problems can and will arise with stick on stripes.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote