Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #71
mprhead5

Drives: 04 MAzdaspeed miata 250whp
very happy they kept the side indent. I was afraid it would go from a crease to a line. the color and size of the pic makes it hard to tell but it looks nice! I know todays pics of the exterior and interior are small and still unfinished. It just reminds me of what is really going to make me buy one.

when I sit in that seat in a 3rd or 4th gen to this day I always feel like I have come home after a long vacation. I really hope I feel this way when I sit in the 5th gen for the first time

current Ride: 04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 250whp 13.3 1/4m
mprhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #72
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Looks damn good in white.

Looks funky w/out that rear spoiler....hmmm

Tire size looks good. No probs there. But, those surely won't be the rims they plan on using. I'm sure they'll have something we've never seen before for that.'

Sunroof??? I can't believe they did it...if they did. It's still kinda hard to tell. Just worried about that roof and those lines. That's gotta look kinda strange. Hope it flows well...sure it will. They wouldn't just let that go.

Color matched mirrors sure do make it blend and fit well w/ the car. They now look like they belong!

Where's the d@mn gas cap?!?! It better not be on the passenger side! I'm so sick of that. What the heck is the point in a passenger side gas cap?! We have that on our Kia and I HATE it. I can't see it up top or on the side...which worries me about it being on teh passenger side. I sure hope it stays put up top on the drivers side. It gives it that race inspired look.

Again, lookin' pretty d@mn good there, GM. Excellent job!!! And thanks for letting that picture go out there for all of us to see!!!

Now...get us some better pix of that interior! PUH=LEEZ!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #73
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Why is having the gas cap on the passenger side such a problem? It works fine on my Cobalt. Just wondering...
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:22 AM   #74
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
I'm very happy it's that close to the concept (considering the small picture size, the colour, angle etc) - can't wait to see more!
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:30 AM   #75
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Why is having the gas cap on the passenger side such a problem? It works fine on my Cobalt. Just wondering...

Because.

I'm sure it does.

Ok.

Yeah...I hate passenger side gas caps. It's just plain inconvenient. Sure, the passenger side gas cap works. But, if you could open your car door, exit, swipe your card right in front of you, turn left and open you gas cap, turn around grabbing the pump and turning back to put it in...then, you can take a step and sit in your car while it fills up if you wish. You know...sometimes it rains, it cold as heck, you don't feel like standing, etc. and you want to get back in your car...you can just sit down. Having to walk around does take a little more time. And, if you can't get back to the pump in time when the safety thing swithces (but you can still pump two more gallons) you don't get to completely fill your tank. If you are sitting on the side of the pump, you simply open the door, exit and you are standing at the pump. It is a convenience thing here...and I'm sure there are plenty who will agree to that. I'm sure that when you bring something home that has to go in the back seat, you aren't going to walk around to the back passenger side to put it in that seat when you could very easily just put it in the seat right behing you to get out after you get out. There's no point in walking all the way around to get your stuff. It just doesn't make sense....kinda like a passenger side gas cap.

Another reason, I see it as a safety factor. All the doors surrounding the vehicle are locked and the only door unlocked is the one right in front of you while you are pumping. If it's opposite, the only door I have to get into my vehicle is on the other corner of my car. Takes longer for me to get there and is easier for someone to get into if they wished. I could get more into this, but you probably get the point.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 AM   #76
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
^now that's what I call an explanation.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 AM   #77
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
^now that's what I call an explanation.
Yup...apparently it was necessary.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:11 AM   #78
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
So where are they hiding it because it ant on the passenger side???

Name:  camaro_rc_kgp_ed.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  237.5 KB

Name:  camaro_rp_kgp_ed.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  172.5 KB

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #79
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
couldn't it be under the camo?
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:20 AM   #80
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^Could be.

You know...something else I just noticed? Look how much room that trunk is going to have! That looks great! And it doesn't look out of place. It looks perfect.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:32 AM   #81
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
^^^

Could be… Remember there is a reason the released photo is small, far away + bad angle, and the car is in white… All three help hide a lot of the detail… Furthermore, there is a possibility we could be looking at Photoshop or even an inverted photo… Tons of variables; all done on purpose… I like the fact that there still hiding lots of info from us, it gives us something to look forward to in the up and coming months to the release…

My next question would be what is going to happen with the rear vents?

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #82
CamaroFever

Drives: Its in my sig "2002 Galant V6"
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
^^^

Could be… Remember there is a reason the released photo is small, far away + bad angle, and the car is in white… All three help hide a lot of the detail… Furthermore, there is a possibility we could be looking at Photoshop or even an inverted photo… Tons of variables; all done on purpose… I like the fact that there still hiding lots of info from us, it gives us something to look forward to in the up and coming months to the release…

My next question would be what is going to happen with the rear vents?
I agree I dont thinkIm read to see the finished product yet, they should keep teasing us every month until like a monthbefore production.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #83
angelreborn

Drives: Honda
AWSOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Guy Z28 View Post
AHHHHH I’m having a Camarogasm!!!!!!
I love that word Camarogasm! Ditto!
angelreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #84
mprhead5

Drives: 04 MAzdaspeed miata 250whp
dose that rear end look really long to anyone else? Its like half the car is behind the seats. maybe its just the absence of a rear spoiler that seems to lenghten the car.

current Ride: 04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 250whp 13.3 1/4m
mprhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote