Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
My exhaust/headers dilemma...

I'm going to put on a Corsa exhaust as soon as I get my car out of winter storage. But I can't decide if I should go for the headers at the same time...

Are they worth the price? Would there be a significant HP boost?? Would it make the exhaust sound different??? Short tube or long tube???? Is the world really going to end this year?????
Old 03-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
First and foremost yes the world is going to end lol jk

Long tube headers will add a significant amount of HP. If you are going to do headers in the future and have the funds available I would say do them together.

Are you tuned? If you are you will need a retune after headers and if you aren't you really should tune after headers.

Headers and cat back will all effect the sound.

I don't personally think shorties are worth it. If you are going to do headers go for long tubes.
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Suskam

Thanks. I was wondering about the tuning also. Still trying to decide...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
Suskam

Wow, I was expecting to get bombarded with opinions. I guess everyone must agree with you 100% Steveo!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
With a corsa cat-back, I hear there is minimal to no drone. If so, I recommend long tubes as well. You should know that tuning will be needed to get rid of the CEL they will throw. If you can live with it, then more power to you. I would also recommend a tune to get the most you can out of them but it isn't necessary and I understand people want to keep their warranty.

I don't have much experience with a corsa system so I would be prepared to hear some rasp as most systems have some. If so, this can be remedied with a resonated x-pipe but since I've never heard a corsa system, it might not be needed

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Suskam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
With a corsa cat-back, I hear there is minimal to no drone. If so, I recommend long tubes as well. You should know that tuning will be needed to get rid of the CEL they will throw. If you can live with it, then more power to you. I would also recommend a tune to get the most you can out of them but it isn't necessary and I understand people want to keep their warranty.

I don't have much experience with a corsa system so I would be prepared to hear some rasp as most systems have some. If so, this can be remedied with a resonated x-pipe but since I've never heard a corsa system, it might not be needed
Thanks for the opinion. The Corsa comes with an integrated X-pipe, so this should not be an issue. I can't wait to get it done. C'mon, Spring...