Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Doctades
A N00b

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS
Building a DD/Track Car (Brake Lines)

Anybody recommend Some good Brake Lines for a 2ltrs? I am building a daily thats trackable down here at sebring. I already have a couple things on my list of things to get BMR Suspension, Catch Can, seperate clutch reservoir. (I've done the obvious bolt on engine things, Injen CAI and SLP Exhaust MGW Shifter) Does anybody have recommendations on which Catch Can works best, and Where I can find good brake Lines. Or any other track ready prep work to be done?

Live the dream or find a beer. Both are as good.
Doctades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Check with Apex for aftermarket parts. Goodridge seems to be popular.

I have an Elite catch can. It works well.

If you are going to track I would suggest a brake upgrade besides upgraded brake lines.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctades View Post
Anybody recommend Some good Brake Lines for a 2ltrs? I am building a daily thats trackable down here at sebring. I already have a couple things on my list of things to get BMR Suspension, Catch Can, seperate clutch reservoir. (I've done the obvious bolt on engine things, Injen CAI and SLP Exhaust MGW Shifter) Does anybody have recommendations on which Catch Can works best, and Where I can find good brake Lines. Or any other track ready prep work to be done?
We have the Goodridge brake lines for the V6 in stock. Part # 12220. We can also set you up with good fluid to go with them. But honestly, if you are looking to track the car, a brake upgrade is a must. At least look into a SS Brembo swap or if the flow allows, a CTS-V upgrade.

For the catch can, I'd recommend the Elite Engineering catch can. They look great, easy to empty and we have them on for a great price. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Doctades
A N00b

Tyler I have been looking into doing the ss swap out at minimum. Im trying my hardest to stay away from a brembo gt pack. But I am seriously finding it hard to comr accross the ss brake set. Do you have connections that can find those? Ill be sending you a pm about the catch can shortly. Unfortunately alan at g3 concepts is getting a bit of my money at the moment cause he had someone back out of a deal that I'm picking up instead. I mean who can resist carbon fibery goodness.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctades View Post
Tyler I have been looking into doing the ss swap out at minimum. Im trying my hardest to stay away from a brembo gt pack. But I am seriously finding it hard to comr accross the ss brake set. Do you have connections that can find those? Ill be sending you a pm about the catch can shortly. Unfortunately alan at g3 concepts is getting a bit of my money at the moment cause he had someone back out of a deal that I'm picking up instead. I mean who can resist carbon fibery goodness.
If you plan on buying new, we can get the SS stuff. But honestly, it wouldn't be much more to shoot for the CTS-V package at that point. Also, if you are doing a brake upgrade, I would hold off on the lines as you will need different ones once you do the swap.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 07-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
Doctades
A N00b

I looked at your kit is purely just front or rear as well. I am looking for new ss if you can pm a price qoute and ill get back to you. I will be honest though a new braking system will have to wait till about November to December

Old 07-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
JDP Sales

We have a stage 2 kit that includes the rears as well. All of the pricing can be found on our website. The part # is JDPB1002. The kit comes with everything needed for a complete swap right down to the lines, fluid and pads.

It is completely understandable to have to wait a few months. I'd just rather see you do an all inclusive kit and buy things once rather than having to buy things twice.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
intensifi

Doctades,

You may also want to check this thread out:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302623

It's a good deal and he is willing to work with the buyer on a different color powdercoat is desired.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #9
Doctades
A N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Doctades,

You may also want to check this thread out:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302623

It's a good deal and he is willing to work with the buyer on a different color powdercoat is desired.
Thanks for the heads up there, But unfortunatly I don't have that money budgeted into brakes just yet, (wish time and money always lined up) was kinda just planning on upgrading the brake lines for a couple days this year at the track, then next year (when the funds are there, for the upgrade) I mean the prime ones on my list are BMR Suspension (sway bars, lowering springs, bushings. The guys are local to me so I can have them drop it all in with help) Then the catch can, and brake lines with the clutch fluid resivor. Easy things to make it all track ready for under two grand.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I would upgrade the pads and flush/fill with a good DOT 4 brake fluid (Motul, ATE amber) before doing brake lines. Even before a rotor upgrade for the first few track days.

For brake fluid, you need to be aware that the ATE blue fluid you'll hear mentioned is technically not legal for road use in Florida based specifically on its color. There are no performance downsides to the blue stuff, although there are some reports of long term use staining plastic containers . . . like fluid reservoir(s).

See http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310137 for a discussion of pads for HPDE.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 08-01-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Got my Goodridge Stainless lines through Tyler at JDP and was an improvement in the braking! As for Catch Can, I have an RX, Real easy to use and works good for me!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
goodridge is a popular choice for lines.

Mr Peterson really gives some sound advice and isnt trying to sell you a product.

If you are looking at complete upgrade kits there are many options. I am running racingbrake for all my brake stuff.

Last edited by SPCBA; 08-01-2013 at 12:11 PM.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
intensifi

I'm just about to upgrade to SS Brembo's on my 2LT (they are off to the powder coater).

After looking at the Brembos with their 4 pistons of stopping power versus the stock v6 brakes, I can't wait to get the Brembos on.

The v6 brakes are adequate, but clearly not optimal.

For track use, I'd be concerned with the stock V6 brakes. This is a personal opinion. I am not a brake expert.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #14
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
You might be able to fins SS OE brakes in the classifieds. A lot of guys are grading rotors and cailipers. I plan to upgrade mine when my 1LE comes in so I'll have a front set of red SS brakes up in about a month.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote