Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #267
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwood View Post
Well bless my dealers heart. They went and removed the key from the fob and made a new key from a generic blank thinking that this would allow them to give me my car. GM told them they have to have an official key and still couldn't deliver the car even though they performed the recall. Have to wait for the official key.

On the flip side the fob doesn't look horrible without the key. There's a pin that holds it to the flippy part. They just took out the pin and removed the blade.
I would hope that "official" updated fob would come complete with an official blank to fill the slot left where the key shaft no longer resides.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #268
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
I would hope that "official" updated fob would come complete with an official blank to fill the slot left where the key shaft no longer resides.
I doubt it but you can buy them off eBay for not too much. Then your fob will be complete again. You could also have them cut to match the old key or file them down to make a shiv.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #269
shewstring

Drives: 2016 Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdance111 View Post
Well I got a call at 12:20EST stating FedEx has not arrived with the keys. Should be the afternoon! 5 sets are arriving and I was priority number 2.

What a bunch of BS!!!!
I hear you on this. I was told - should be good by Monday. Then maybe tomorrow (Tuesday), yeah, right. This is such a fail by GM, just incredible. Release the cars, give us a warning letter, and call back when the parts are in. Doesn't seem too hard. I guess when no one takes any responsbility for driving a car (most participants here excluded), I see why GM insists. We can blame Ralph Nader for starting this escalation of this garbage. Folks, there is risk in everything we do, you can't wrap yourself in bubble-wrap to live life - choose your activities at a level of risk YOU ACCEPT - end rant.
shewstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #270
shewstring

Drives: 2016 Convertible 2SS
And there it is, today's update from the Dealer - REALLY SAYS NOTHING we all didn't already know from the 13th of June:

Doug,

Update on Camaro!!! We have to throw away the old keys and we are getting new keys. We do not know if they are shipping us the keys or if we have to cut them. The mi nut details we still are working out, but we are stepping in the right directions. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
shewstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #271
josh11293

Drives: 2016 2SS
Hello everyone!

I just joined camaro5, I had a 2012 camaro 2LT RS but her life was cut short due to some idiot running a red light. Last week i took the honor of buying a 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS. It definitely feels good stepping into the world of V8s.

Unfortunately I'm in the same position as all of you guys. My car is stuck at the dealership until the recall has been fixed. I cant even express my frustration. Ive spent hours contacting multiple sources and there is absolutely not one solid answer. My dealer as well told me it could be fixed by the end of this week. I believe thats just wishful thinking on them though. I think i speak for the rest of us here when i say that we DEMAND AN UPDATE FROM GM!!!! The lack of communication is just unreal and very unprofessional. This forum seems to be the only reliable place to find any type of update so lets make sure to keep this alive!
josh11293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #272
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
GM is doing the exact same thing with their Z28 deliveries. 80k spent and u have no idea where ur car is.
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #273
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
I was told my sales team would contact me Monday , but nobody, nobody called Tuesday , frustrated I called and they are on vacation. Ahhhh! So I told the operated I want somebody in charge. It's not like I bought a used 25 year old beretta , I paid cash for more then 50%, next year I plan to purchase a tow vehicle and I was thinking of using the same dealer.

So now my point of contact is the sales manager. He stated "keys are shipping this week and they expect them Friday or Saturday , now the dealer has the laser key cutter on site and he said I a first in line. He said he would call me Friday on a update. But he feels I should car and keys next Monday or Tuesday. I said make sure the guy who does the keys doesn't go on vacation for the holiday,

My biggest bitch is it seems they can't return calls or emails, I literally have to go there to get I fox why not contact every Monday and Friday to give me status. The dealership is not that busy. You would think with all the recalls, customer service and taking care you enthusiast would be job one instead of job none. An enthusiast not only will buy again in the future , will talk about to friends , strangers, here or social media.

For Christ sake with today's technology you think they could send a tracking of the recall parts to let owners know the status. My fear is they are sitting on somebody's desk and the guy who performs the work doesn't even know of the recall. Two weeks go by and they contact gm for the keys and gm says your car lot attendant signed for them a week ago.

It's wasted so much time this is stupid, I wnt to see mine two days ago and it's parked next to some trade in junk that is 10 inches from my door. To them it's just a car and a paycheck, they could give two dumps . It's only eurge t situation when I stand in front of them.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #274
godbolt5234

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Text conversation with salesmen (retyped)
Salesmen: cars done!
Me: keys r in?
Salesmen: even better, it's based on vin. Your vin cleared! Can you make it in today?
Me: what does cleared mean:
Salesmen: the recall is based on the vehicle id number, and yours isn't one of the ones being recalled.

Bottom line: no one has any clue what's going on or what they are doing. Will report more as I receive info
godbolt5234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #275
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwood View Post
or file them down to make a shiv.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #276
josh11293

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by godbolt5234 View Post
Salesmen: even better, it's based on vin. Your vin cleared! Can you make it in today?
Salesmen: the recall is based on the vehicle id number, and yours isn't one of the ones being recalled.

Bottom line: no one has any clue what's going on or what they are doing. Will report more as I receive info
The reason your vin cleared is because it's not an active recall in the system yet. No ones vin would show the recall as of now! You are lucky as hell if you actually receive it today!
josh11293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #277
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbolt5234 View Post

That's what I was told by two dealership reps when all of this mess began. They ended up telling me I could not take delivery. Then I found a different dealer and the rest is history. The inconsistencies and lack of concise info between GM and its many dealerships on this issue is nothing short of ridiculous.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #278
Brent

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I've been waiting for over a week for my 2SS/RS M6. Get a call this morning that it should be ready by 5pm today. I'll keep everyone posted. We'll see what they do to the key and fob.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #279
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I've been waiting for over a week for my 2SS/RS M6. Get a call this morning that it should be ready by 5pm today. I'll keep everyone posted. We'll see what they do to the key and fob.
I hope so for your sake but I have my doubts

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #280
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dealers now have the recall bulletin as to how to do the recall. Only issue is there is no key number for them to order on the recall bulletin, it states part number will be announced at a later date, so I can't see how you are going to get you car delivered today....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote