Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #113
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE

All I know is I miss mine... a lot.
Attached Images

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #114
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Pulling 99k on my 2011 today ! Had the top totally replaced in 2012 and never had a problem since. In New England I put the top up and down all the time and it still looks good.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #115
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
got my car back today. They told me last week that on the driver's side, the rubber hanger (looks like a triangle with no bottom line) was slipping off the wall it hangs on. Said they were gonna put a bolt through it to secure it. Turns out they used duct tape, which didn't hold. At least they cleaned out the drain tube.....time to get legal with this.

Look at the right side....flash reflected off the duct tape.
Attached Images

classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #116
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
I had some troubles with mine before I moved cross country from it. The Chevy dealership told me that they did not know how to install the top and unfortunately I moved right after they replaced the top so I was not able to check how well they actually did it. Is the class action suit still going on? I put more miles on my car driving it back and forth to the dealership the first 3 years than I did actually driving it around. I have been a little MIA the last year.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:40 PM   #117
Holis

Drives: 2014 2SS Convertible
Ok so I have a 2014 and so far no problems, should I do anything special or just wait and see if anything happens?
Holis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #118
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Class action is still in progress (long slow progress) and information can be found here. 2014 tops, after GM redesigns should be OK.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/226942550693692/
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #119
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Thanks Pony!
Old 09-19-2015, 04:21 PM   #120
Angella
~Living the Dream~

How long does it take to get added?
Old 10-02-2015, 11:20 AM   #121
ForrGump

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
I'm coming into this conversation late, so be easy on me please. My 2012 is still under original bumper to bumper warranty until April 2016. I have had the top replaced once due to rubbing. I rarely drive the car as the 19500 miles on it will attest to.
The last time I drove it, two weeks ago, I was caught in a typical South Florida monsoon downpour. I took it in for it's routine spa treatment, wax, detail, etc...., and noticed a musty smell. I keep a few towels on the floorboards back seat for general purpose and after removing them I noticed a dampness. Upon removing the floor mat it was apparent that it had gotten wet inside the car due to a leak during the driving rain storm.
I am guessing this is related to the top and replacement of the top? I will take it to the dealer next week but want to know how to go about getting an extended 2 year warranty on the top like others have.
Also, will I gain anything if I join the class action?

Thank you.
ForrGump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:44 PM   #122
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I had to go through my state's lemon law process. Then Gm offered me a $2700 cash payment for my time & troubles, along with a 60,000 mile "Component Coverage" warranty that covered the top, windows, doors; basically anything that wasn't part of the main frame/body.

But GM neglected to teach anyone how to properly repair these issues, so for some of us, they're still happening.

What side was yours leaking on?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #123
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrGump View Post
I'm coming into this conversation late, so be easy on me please. My 2012 is still under original bumper to bumper warranty until April 2016. I have had the top replaced once due to rubbing. I rarely drive the car as the 19500 miles on it will attest to.
The last time I drove it, two weeks ago, I was caught in a typical South Florida monsoon downpour. I took it in for it's routine spa treatment, wax, detail, etc...., and noticed a musty smell. I keep a few towels on the floorboards back seat for general purpose and after removing them I noticed a dampness. Upon removing the floor mat it was apparent that it had gotten wet inside the car due to a leak during the driving rain storm.
I am guessing this is related to the top and replacement of the top? I will take it to the dealer next week but want to know how to go about getting an extended 2 year warranty on the top like others have.
Also, will I gain anything if I join the class action?

Thank you.
I believe the water in the backseat issues are more about the water management bag than the tops. The original bags had one drain tube and tend to clog up with leaves. The new bags have multiple drains. Check yourself for a possible clogged drain before taking it to the dealer, (google it, I don't know myself). If it is clogged bring it in anyway so it is documented and push them to get the updated bag because it will most likely happen again. (I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it every so often)!

Good Luck

For everyone else, most of the issues were with mid 2012's and earlier model years. If you don't have a problem, don't sweat it, just enjoy your awesome cars.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #124
ForrGump

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuyokr View Post
I believe the water in the backseat issues are more about the water management bag than the tops. The original bags had one drain tube and tend to clog up with leaves. The new bags have multiple drains. Check yourself for a possible clogged drain before taking it to the dealer, (google it, I don't know myself). If it is clogged bring it in anyway so it is documented and push them to get the updated bag because it will most likely happen again. (I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it every so often)!

Good Luck

For everyone else, most of the issues were with mid 2012's and earlier model years. If you don't have a problem, don't sweat it, just enjoy your awesome cars.
Thank you very much for the response. I think I'll go to the dealer and have them check as it is under warranty. I live in South West Florida and the vehicle is garage kept. Besides, not very possible for a palm frond to fall into the bag and clog the drain hole. A coconut perhaps,but not a frond!
ForrGump is offline   Reply With Quote