Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

View Poll Results: Is there to much censorship on C5
Yes 51 43.22%
NO 67 56.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
It does appear that certain Forum Members are given a much longer leash as they contribute a lot more to many many different threads. Sometimes I feel the Mods shut down threads or members prematurely or for a rather weak reason. That being said, I have commited one infraction...I called an obvious troll a A$$h@t and was promptly cited. Did I care? Not in the least....its the interent....I spend a lot of time doing other stuff that is way way way more enjoyable then getting into emotionally charged and sometimes ignorant debates with faceless strangers on C5. If the mods shut me down, I pretty sure it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans to me.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #16
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian ss View Post
I sometimes get a little shakey when I post. Been warned once for expressing myself and then a few months later someone else says the same thing and nothing happens?
Wait a minute. How do you know he did not get a warning? There are times it may seem the axe comes down pretty swiftly, BUT this is their site and if anyone does not like it they can move on. This site is priceless for what it provides. I mean you can find anything you want about your Camaro right here.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #17
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Wait a minute. How do you know he did not get a warning? There are times it may seem the axe comes down pretty swiftly, BUT this is their site and if anyone does not like it they can move on. This site is priceless for what it provides. I mean you can find anything you want about your Camaro right here.
+1

Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #18
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I'd like to "step in" here and offer my thoughts;

Second, I believe we're all (the moderators) available via e-mail. So if anyone feels the actions taken by a moderator are excessive, communicating and discussing it goes a long way in understanding why certain actions occur.

Ed
So why when I e-mail you 3 times, you wouldn't respond???
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #19
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
If no one complains about a post, the moderators may leave it alone. Conversely, if a particular thin-skinned user keeps complaining about everything, they may ignore the complainer.

There is balance in the Force.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
Old 03-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #20
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
I have to say, the mods have been pretty fair with me. I've seen some people say that it's a "public" forum thereby entitling them to come in and speak their minds. While it's true that this is a "public" forum, it's not much different than a bar or eating establishment. People get banned from such establishments for acting out of line, just as people get banned from here for doing the same in the eyes of the managers or moderators.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #21
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
I've been a long time lurker, but I've been a moderator and/or administrator on about a dozen forums (various automotive/motorcycles). It's very easy to slam the moderators for "censorship", but you also forget that there are vendors who often pay to advertise and promote this site. In doing so, it's this site's responsibility to make sure those companies aren't promoting a juvenile website that makes those companies look bad. This is just merely one side of the picture, but it is something that has to be watched.

Sure, members could chip in and support the site, but it's far easier and much more beneficial for us all when you can get companies like Edelbrock, GM, etc to help out.

I can say from past experience that some members do get preferential treatment. If you have a guy who helps out all over the site, and some moron starts a fight with him, yeah....you'll probably let him trash the punk. Still, I think what most people want is a level playing field. If I'm out of line, I don't mind being tapped on the shoulder and told to chill....however, don't let the other guy off the hook either.

In the past, I would always try to keep it public, so that the site saw what was being done, and why. I wasn't always able to do so, but it was something I did try to do.

Compared to other sites I've been on, this is still one of the best in terms of moderators and members.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #22
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
There are clearly "favorites" that can get away with much more than others. With that being said, the same rule holds true in many other aspects of life so why would it be different here.

If you don't like what the MODS do here, then feel free to go someplace else and post. I'm sure there is a better place for you to find out about everything Camaro related.

Heck, I think the MODS could do more to ban the obvious trolls here.

In the end, MODS I know it's a ton of work to police this entire site. Thanks for what you do and thanks for keeping the majority of things clean and fair around here.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #23
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
I recently used a 5 letter word starting with "h" that means amorous and my entire post was deleted, not edited.

That's a bit extreme.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #24
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Well I don't get warned but I have had post just disappear without any explanations. I had one disappear because I mentioned a former car dealer sponsor name here that I didn't know had been banned here. I guess once they ban someone you better never mention that person's name either or else.

And later I found some of the e-mails they sent to this ex-sponsor and his employer and I was shocked they would go that far. Kinda made me lose respect for them.

BUTTTTTTTT for the most part they let alotttttttttttttttttt go. Just saying. I've called people assholes many times and just get the we deleted your post for name calling. LOL so yeah they are fair, but I also don't act like a constant a-hole here and those are the one's they keep a tighter leash on.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #25
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
All I know is that I love C5. It has been the best site I have been on. I am a VP of a diesel site, and it is much more strict than this site.

I do have issues with the pics of women thing, but do understand.
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #26
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I've been a long time lurker, but I've been a moderator and/or administrator on about a dozen forums (various automotive/motorcycles). It's very easy to slam the moderators for "censorship", but you also forget that there are vendors who often pay to advertise and promote this site. In doing so, it's this site's responsibility to make sure those companies aren't promoting a juvenile website that makes those companies look bad. This is just merely one side of the picture, but it is something that has to be watched.

Sure, members could chip in and support the site, but it's far easier and much more beneficial for us all when you can get companies like Edelbrock, GM, etc to help out.

I can say from past experience that some members do get preferential treatment. If you have a guy who helps out all over the site, and some moron starts a fight with him, yeah....you'll probably let him trash the punk. Still, I think what most people want is a level playing field. If I'm out of line, I don't mind being tapped on the shoulder and told to chill....however, don't let the other guy off the hook either.

In the past, I would always try to keep it public, so that the site saw what was being done, and why. I wasn't always able to do so, but it was something I did try to do.

Compared to other sites I've been on, this is still one of the best in terms of moderators and members.

GREAT point...... I also like this site to be family friendly in case the kids check it out, there's plenty of crappy sites out there that are low class if that's what folks want....
Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #27
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
First off, it should be: Is there TOO much censorship. To: toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood. Too: an excessive amount, in addition to. Two means that there is 1 more than 1, 1 less than 3.

This kind of censorship would do us all a huge favor - the WORLD can see what you type and post on this forum...try not to look like an uneducated person when you post it. The very title of this thread needs censored. Not trying to be a D*ck...but this stuff just looks BAD and lends to the Camaro owner stereotype...Uneducated, Mullet headed, heavy metal listening, dirty shirt wearing dirtbag. It hurts us all. ( I am trying to buy a convertible to join the ranks )
Old 03-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #28
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
First off, it should be: Is there TOO much censorship. To: toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood. Too: an excessive amount, in addition to. Two means that there is 1 more than 1, 1 less than 3.

This kind of censorship would do us all a huge favor - the WORLD can see what you type and post on this forum...try not to look like an uneducated person when you post it. The very title of this thread needs censored. Not trying to be a D*ck...but this stuff just looks BAD and lends to the Camaro owner stereotype...Uneducated, Mullet headed, heavy metal listening, dirty shirt wearing dirtbag. It hurts us all. ( I am trying to buy a convertible to join the ranks )
You talk about the stereotype like it's a bad thing. Judas Priest rocks! The mullet is a Camaro crash helmut!

Closed Thread