Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #281
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
As a huge Gator fan, I've always loved Tebow. He might not look pretty or do it the way every "expert" wants it done, but he's always been a hard worker, and more importantly, he's always been a winner.

Still surprised the Jags didn't take a flyer - he can't be worse that Gabbert. Pats are still a great landing spot for him. Good team, no QB controversy, and coaches in Belichek and McDaniels who have worked with him extensively in the past and have faith in him.

The only part I don't like is that this is another one of my Gator's who go to the damn Patriots and now I have to choose between hating the Pats and cheering for players I like.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #282
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
As a huge Gator fan, I've always loved Tebow. He might not look pretty or do it the way every "expert" wants it done, but he's always been a hard worker, and more importantly, he's always been a winner.

Still surprised the Jags didn't take a flyer - he can't be worse that Gabbert. Pats are still a great landing spot for him. Good team, no QB controversy, and coaches in Belichek and McDaniels who have worked with him extensively in the past and have faith in him.

The only part I don't like is that this is another one of my Gator's who go to the damn Patriots and now I have to choose between hating the Pats and cheering for players I like.
don't worry, you won't see him on the field, unless brady and mallet get hurt. maybe you can root for him on special teams. lol
Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #283
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Tebow has always been a hard worker, but always been a winner, I'm not so sure. You saw what he and the Jets did last year, right? Or when God looked down upon him the week of the patriots game and told him that Brady was Jesus? I would have liked to see the look on his face...

Then Brady cut his hair, probably because he was tired of being whipped by first-name-only, but not quite as popular as Madonna.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to watching the niners go back to the playoffs at the very least. It's going to be a tough matchup with Seattle trying to stack the deck on offense. I find it funny that the NFC west has gone from the leagues worst conference, to one of the top in only a couple years.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #284
PoorMansCamaro

tebow 4-7 against other 3rd stringers.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #285
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Tebow has always been a hard worker, but always been a winner, I'm not so sure. You saw what he and the Jets did last year, right? Or when God looked down upon him the week of the patriots game and told him that Brady was Jesus? I would have liked to see the look on his face...
Yeah, definitely always a winner.

You can't blame that Jet's debacle last season on Tebow when he had a total of 8 pass attempts all season. He was a non-factor during the 60 minutes of game time they played each week.

Meanwhile, the season before he went 8-5 as a starter, including the playoff win. I know everyone always cites the defense as the reason why Tebow won all those games, but the team also put up totals of 38, 35, and 29 points in some of those games, so obviously the offense did their part.

Go back further and he only lost 7 games in his entire college career. Like I said, you might not like HOW he wins, but end of story: when he is given the opportunity, he wins games.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #286
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
8 pass attempts? Sounds like his whole season with the Broncos.

Tebow was a fluke. People didn't know how to stop him the first year, kind of like Ronnie Brown and the wildcat. When teams realized all they had to do was blitz and defend the run, look at Ronnie brown's stats for wildcat plays last year...

I'd like to see him as a starter again to see whether or not he really has what it takes. Unfortunately, I don't foresee that happening. As it is right now, he's kind of a joke in the NFL. I like him as a person, and he's a good interviewee, although the whole preaching thing is overdone in my personal opinion.

"Well how do you think the 4th quarter went?"

"Well God the almighty is my savior, praise Jesus. Oh and, my teammates helped out a bit."

And I'm still thinking "so how did the fourth quarter go?"

Aside from that aspect, I repeat, I would love to see him as a starter to see how he fares. I would predict RGIII, Wilson, Kapernick, and Luck would all be better in most situations.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #287
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Thanks Kraft and pats. Just when the tebow hysteria dies down now it starts back up. Tebow probably won't make it through training camp. He sucks as quarter back enough said. I only see him as a contributor in a hybrid tight end full back role.

Funny how both broncos and the jets let him go after a season. But yeah he is the best
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #288
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
I suppose all Jets fans are hoping he doesn't become noteworthy this season
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #289
CJ Man

He won't reports were he only wants to be a qb. Although I trust the pats brain trust with him more then the jets. However everyone says the pats get the best out of players. They said the samething about haynesworth, Brandon Lloyd and ocho cinco too.

I'll wait and see. Sometimes it's about the fit, and I don't see it being a good one. Not to mention they have an over abundance of running backs and tight ends. Qb will never happen with Brady, plus I don't see Brady giving up plays to run the wildcat. So where does he fit?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #290
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
He won't reports were he only wants to be a qb. Although I trust the pats brain trust with him more then the jets. However everyone says the pats get the best out of players. They said the samething about haynesworth, Brandon Lloyd and ocho cinco too.

I'll wait and see. Sometimes it's about the fit, and I don't see it being a good one. Not to mention they have an over abundance of running backs and tight ends. Qb will never happen with Brady, plus I don't see Brady giving up plays to run the wildcat. So where does he fit?
down the left sideline

3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #291
CJ Man

Yeah that really burns............have you seen the position the jets are in? You think I care about tebow? They have bigger problems.

Also a small note, that was a thrusday night game when the jets were coming off a Sunday night against New England and then had to travel to Denver. So there was like a day of prep.

Lets be honest though as true football fans, tebow will most likely be cut after training camp
Old 06-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #292
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post

Then Brady cut his hair, probably because he was tired of being whipped by first-name-only, but not quite as popular as Madonna.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to watching the niners go back to the playoffs at the very least. It's going to be a tough matchup with Seattle trying to stack the deck on offense. I find it funny that the NFC west has gone from the leagues worst conference, to one of the top in only a couple years.
Yeah, this year is going to be tough. The Rams could be a factor too...
Old 06-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #293
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Yeah that really burns............have you seen the position the jets are in? You think I care about tebow? They have bigger problems.

Also a small note, that was a thrusday night game when the jets were coming off a Sunday night against New England and then had to travel to Denver. So there was like a day of prep.

Lets be honest though as true football fans, tebow will most likely be cut after training camp
which is a shame. he's a great athlete, but shitty qb. they may hold onto him, for an emergency. (3rd string).
Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #294
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
which is a shame. he's a great athlete, but shitty qb. they may hold onto him, for an emergency. (3rd string).
Possible tight end?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote