Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Waiting until late 09, early 2010 to find my camaro

I'm not 100% forsure at this point, but feeling very confident that towards the end of this year (or more likely next spring cause I don't think getting a sports car in the dead of winter makes much sense) I will get myself a camaro. It would not be my daily driver though...will have a light truck for that. My prefence would be a 1SS, with upgraded audio. Leather and the connectivity package aren't a big deal for me, so a 1SS would be great .

What I'm wondering is, what my chances of finding a nice used Camaro would be at that point in time? As of now, ABM would be my first choice (not many of those out there so could be hard to find) or second choice; a SIM (lots of those from what I can tell). I've always been of the mindset that if I just will myself to wait a year after a release, I could save thousands by buying used with low mileage. I've done it before. Sure, it could be tough to find what I want, but I'm willing to look far and wide to find something I want.

OK..scenario two: So lets say I decide what the heck...and order new. By that time, do you think the time from order to dealer lot will have shortened significantly? At least...hopefully by then dealer markups will be gone...I won't pay over msrp.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions! Love this site
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
I think you would not have a hard time finding new or used if you wait like you are stating and you would get it at a great price also...Jeff City, Mo I know some people there
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Hit and miss. There are always gonna be repo's. But won't see a good amount on lots used till at least next summer.

I noticed the Challenger SE's just started popping up used with a few miles recently. That's about a year after production started.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
by next spring you will find some for sure, and the dealers will have them in stock. If your going to wait that long you my as well wait till spring so you dont have store it and pay insurance on it etc. plus it gives you time to save more money. I would think a used 1SS next spring will probably go for about 25k. Plus by next spring you will have the option to see what the 2011 is going to offer and 2010 will be cheaper due to dealers try to cut last years stock. Although xmas time would probably be a good time for 2010's they will probably be offering a small cash back 500-1000 and possibly 0% APR on them. If your waiting till that long it definitely has some advantages.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
GTAwheelman

Drives: 1985 Camaro Sport Coupe
i was dead set on ordering next year, but now i'm not sure. i thought about just buying one the dealer had on their lot (when i'm ready to buy), then the thought of just finding a used one came.

i think i'll wait to make up my mind after the changes to the 2011 are announced. if any changes happen.

i just want a 1SS/RS, with the manual. i'm not sure on the color yet so i still have to decide that. i wanted vr or black but IBM is looking hot. IOM also looks great.

SO MANY CHOICES!
GTAwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Thanks for the replys! Man if I could come across a brand new looking camaro that was what I wanted for 3- 5k less than new I'd be estatic. But I'm not getting any hopes up...will see when the time comes.

My short story involving my 05 Ram. Bought it in the spring of 07. Found it online nearly 200 miles away from my house. Had only 9800 miles on it, with full warranties, and looked brand spanking new. Even better, it blue booked for over 20k and I bought it for 18k from a huge dodge dealer. (and when new it was a 30 thousand dollar truck). Ive customized the truck, it now still only has 18,300 on it. But as much as I hate to see it go, it will be my trade in.

anyways, Thats just one reason why I've tried to commit myself to buying a good used vehicle. But like I said before, who knows, if the money situation and price is right, I could MAYBE end up just ordering new!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
I am also waiting till the end of this year or early spring. I will have enough money saved up and I can choose between a 2010 or 2011. Also alltye kinks will be worked out and there will be more aftermarket additions available. I rode behind and in front of a camaro on my way to town today... I really want one now but I think waiting is the best option for me. I wouldn't mind buying one used but I prefer to buy it new.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
If you could keep the truck too would be ideal. It looks nice and clean.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Well, ... if I could I would. Simple as that. What I'll end up doing is selling my grand prix and getting a light truck, like a ranger, in its place. Then I'll take the Ram and use it as my trade in for the 'maro. I've always had a truck since I was 16, and for me I just wouldn't want to NOT have one. I have a Yamaha dirtbike that I of course need to haul around from time to time, and plus trucks are just handy as heck.

The truck will be my daily driver, the Camaro my toy.

At least....thats the current plan lol.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Order now, get msrp, and get it late 2009 or early 2010 - not a problem.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
he can probably get MSRP next year as well. late this year they will come with better incentives.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #12
SubSolar

Drives: 2009 Corvette, 1987 Buick GN
I'm also waiting till end of year/beginning of next. I'm used to paying closer to invoice, not MSRP to MSRP+$10k.
SubSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #13
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
By 2010 you will get brand new Camaros for under MSRP pretty easily. I also think we will see some used cars by then also. It happens all the time. Some folks buy what is the hottest car drive it for a year and then trade it in for something else.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:55 AM   #14
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm not 100% forsure at this point, but feeling very confident that towards the end of this year (or more likely next spring cause I don't think getting a sports car in the dead of winter makes much sense) I will get myself a camaro. It would not be my daily driver though...will have a light truck for that. My prefence would be a 1SS, with upgraded audio. Leather and the connectivity package aren't a big deal for me, so a 1SS would be great .

What I'm wondering is, what my chances of finding a nice used Camaro would be at that point in time? As of now, ABM would be my first choice (not many of those out there so could be hard to find) or second choice; a SIM (lots of those from what I can tell). I've always been of the mindset that if I just will myself to wait a year after a release, I could save thousands by buying used with low mileage. I've done it before. Sure, it could be tough to find what I want, but I'm willing to look far and wide to find something I want.

OK..scenario two: So lets say I decide what the heck...and order new. By that time, do you think the time from order to dealer lot will have shortened significantly? At least...hopefully by then dealer markups will be gone...I won't pay over msrp.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions! Love this site
Waiting is smart---period!!! Waiting will allow two things; name the price (within reason) and your choice of dealer lot cars with immediate delivery. Sort of like buying a Camry.
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote