Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 06-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #253
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Stars View Post
Deadwood is only about 14 miles. Spearfish is about 16 miles. Rapid City is about 25 miles. All have hundreds of rooms. Sturgis is located at exits 30 and 32 on Interstate 90. The Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn, and Super 8 are all at exit 30. The Best Western and Starlite Motels are at exit 32. There is also a small Ramada Inn at exit 48 (Black Hawk or Summerset). There are also a few motel rooms in Whitewood, SD which is at exit 23. Being in Sturgis would be the ideal setting, but there are other options which are pretty good. The Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort has some log cabins at Exit 17 (605-722-1800).
You're in Sturgis? I invite you to please stick around this thread and check in from time to time. Your insight could prove invaluable to us!

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #254
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
You're in Sturgis? I invite you to please stick around this thread and check in from time to time. Your insight could prove invaluable to us!
Mike Penberthy who is coming with us is also from Sturgis - his family has property there.

One of the INWCC guys, Craig F has had to cancel Sturgis plans due to a family thing that takes precedence. He says family first.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #255
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
The host hotel in Sturgis is completely booked, including the event blocked rooms. Is there another hotel some of you guys are staying at, hopefully within 10 miles? I'd like to find one that has more than one Camaro in the lot.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #256
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
We are at the Super 8 ,across the RR tracks from the host hotel. Not sure if there are any rooms left.But worth a try.
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #257
ForgedReality
Envy

Alright, I'm in. I'm all registered and booked up. Staying at Spokane Quality Inn, Billings Holiday Inn, and Sturgis Super8 (thanks for that tip, gml1998).

I never take vacations. I need this. And even though I'm going solo, it's going to be amazingly awesome. I hope to get a huge row of Camaros lined up against Mt Rushmore as a backdrop for some photos.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #258
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Alright, I'm in. I'm all registered and booked up. Staying at Spokane Quality Inn, Billings Holiday Inn, and Sturgis Super8 (thanks for that tip, gml1998).

I never take vacations. I need this. And even though I'm going solo, it's going to be amazingly awesome. I hope to get a huge row of Camaros lined up against Mt Rushmore as a backdrop for some photos.
See you there.
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #259
CamaroSSpence

Drives: 2012 SS/RS 45th
Going - from Chicago suburbs. Hope to see you all there.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #260
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
hmm... i might be able to show up late fri or sat & hang out for a bit
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #261
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
It's going to be a helluva good time - can't wait!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #262
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:

We are so glad you are joining us! Some of us are doing some sightseeing on Friday, and you are more than welcome to join in! I don't know if you are leaving Sunday or Monday from Sturgis, we are leaving Sunday if you want to Camarovan home. We are in the works of planning which route home.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #263
ForgedReality
Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
We are so glad you are joining us! Some of us are doing some sightseeing on Friday, and you are more than welcome to join in! I don't know if you are leaving Sunday or Monday from Sturgis, we are leaving Sunday if you want to Camarovan home. We are in the works of planning which route home.
I think I'm planning to leave Sunday as well. I only requested work off until the 2nd, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't make it back by then. :P I didn't plan my route back and I only booked hotels for the way there. I hope that doesn't end up biting me in the ass. :\
Old 06-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #264
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
I think I'm planning to leave Sunday as well. I only requested work off until the 2nd, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't make it back by then. :P I didn't plan my route back and I only booked hotels for the way there. I hope that doesn't end up biting me in the ass. :\
We did the same thing lol....if anything we can just cruise back and wing it together. We may go with the group but I believe their initial plan involved a 14 hour drive straight back to Boise which we can't do with our little guy. Im thinking about 7 or 8 hours may be all he can take at once. If the group plans a shorter distance per day we will probably head out with them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #265
ForgedReality
Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
We did the same thing lol....if anything we can just cruise back and wing it together. We may go with the group but I believe their initial plan involved a 14 hour drive straight back to Boise which we can't do with our little guy. Im thinking about 7 or 8 hours may be all he can take at once. If the group plans a shorter distance per day we will probably head out with them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I'm cruising solo so I don't know if I can handle 14 hour stints. I was planning on getting back with as few stopovers as possible though.

I ordered a GoPro Hero3 Black Edition kit for this trip. It comes with a couple of tripods, extended life battery, etc. I also got the suction cup mount from Ram Mounts and a 64 gig class 10 card to accompany the 32 gig card that comes with the camera. I'm set for some great shots. I also have a pair of radios that I got for a rally I went to but never used. :(

Now how the hell do I pack all this stuff? :P I just know I'm gonna forget something.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #266
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
Since my GF in Boise is meeting up with us in Sturgis, we don't NEED to go there. Thinking about breaking it up a little. Maybe drive through Yellowstone Sunday, layover in Butte, MT. Approx 10 hr drive. Monday kick it up to Hwy 90 and cruise home, again about a 10 hr drive. Maybe that works out a little better for you? If you can chime in here, anytime I just want to atleast drive through Yellowstone, who knows when I'll make it back and I want to say "I've been there!" and we don't want to wear out the yung one...and that's not your 2 year old...

Tags
camarovan, sturgis, sturgis camaro rally