Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Zero damage front plate bracket

I saw this at a car cruise in Ohio

I thought it was a good idea for those that require a front plate but don't want to permanently mount it to the car.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Hmmmm, may consider doing that. However, for now, no front license plate.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Mattsack789

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Can you get someone to do that for you? It looks like they had to bend the plate.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
I think it looks "hokey " You can see the plastic ties, and the surround the plate holder doesn't match, PLUS this is not a legal plate in Ohio, because it is missing the county sticker in the lower left hand corner....I also think that some cop would have some feelings about bending the plate around BUT that makes it look "hokey" as well to me...I find it rather funny, that every once in a while, people bring up to try and get a state to STOP requiring the front plate, like Ohio, while other states don't, like Florida, you can try till the cows come home, the state tries to give you argument then they just say THAT IS THE WAY IT IS, they say police like to see the car coming to get the plate number, etc....as we know then the other states don't require this...good luck !!
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
out hear your plate could be bent into oragami but as long as you can see the insurance tag and plate # your good.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I saw this at a car cruise in Ohio

I thought it was a good idea for those that require a front plate but don't want to permanently mount it to the car.
What is the piont ???... To not have 4 holes drilled for the NEXT owner of the car ?

Because that looks terrible !!!!!...........The center mounted bracket & plate does not look good BUT that looks a lot worse....imo
If you are concerned about looks don't put the plate on at all. Like many others and I have done.
97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
Rman91Bird
People call me a ricer

Drives: 1999 Grand Prix GT
At a local car show I saw an Audi S5 that had a "zero damage" plate too. Well acually it wasn't even a licence plate at all. They photo-copied their plate and printed it on a sticker (think it might have been reflective too) and stuck it on the front of their car. Pretty good idea.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I agree that the actual attatchment could be done better but I liked the way he had bent the plate to fit into the lower grill. I just took a picture of it as an idea for those that are required to have a front plate but don't want to mount it through the bumper.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 AM   #9
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
It doesnt bother me at all... I think that's a good idea of thinking out of the box.

The only thing I would have done is put the zip ties on from behind the bumper, so you cant see the square ends...

And then bent the bottom of the plate in, just like the top.

In Va all you have to be able to see is the number and the Month/Year stickers. Hell I cut one of my license plates to make it fit my old bike tail tidy and no cop ever gave me any grief. The license plate belongs to you, you can do with it whatever you want so long as the cops can still read the numbers and applicable stickers.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #10
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Not legal to bend the plate at all in some states. It's like an obstructed / improper mounting ticket.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:48 AM   #11
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
The idea is there but you still have zip ties on it. I would make a bracket that maybe zip ties behind the tag and the tag can bolt to it. Like said before, illegal to bend tag in some states so check that out.
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
C.Raiden

Drives: 2 LT 2010 Camaro (Waiting)
I'm getting my camaro at the end of this month. At that time I will designing a front plate bracket that can be clipped without drilling into the camaro. i'll post photos as soon as I get some of the prototypes. I'll forward the diagrams for making it. (might need access to a machine shop). I'll try to make it as user friendly as possible. I'll post photos in the beginning of september.
C.Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
gmag21
gmag21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
Set the plate on the inside againist the window in the corner ftw

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
That paticular mounting woundn't work in Texas, as if you obstruct the view of the word TEXAS at the top, you are asking for a ticket, in fact, you can't legally have a plate FRAME that covers the states name in texas, and IMO, if you are running a front plate, at least put it in the center and what ever you do, do NOT put holes in the bumper.