Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #29
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Dealership never did call me back. left two voicemails last week. went to a different one a little further away, was treated rather well. Think Ill continue the new one for warranty work.
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:37 PM   #30
yescats

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS L99 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarotodd View Post
I need to chime in on this one as I am a Dealership Service Advisor...

I have been at the same dealer for almost 5 years and have never had to beg for a good survey. I treat my customers the way I would like to be treated.
It seems like most people think that we don't do much, but its almost impossible to please everyone you come in to contact with every day.

You are dealing with bosses who want you to sell as much as possible at the highest possible profit at the same time keeping CSI above their standard or face a huge cut in pay (most service advisors pay is decided by
customer surveys) or worse yet, getting fired..Technicians
who want to get paid the most for every little thing they do, and customers who want all of their services as cheap as they can get them in the fastest possible time that threaten you with a bad survey if their demands are not met 100%. Not easy...By the way, in my dealership a bad survey is any survey less than 92%..and in my Dealership can mean can mean a cut in pay of about $500 per month..

I love my job, but it is challenging to say the least..
It's like the system puts you between a rock and a hard place. As a customer and a business owner I understand both sides. The good service writers are able to strike a balance. I always give a perfect survey no matter what happens. Then I deal with the problems verbally.

The only time I didn't answer the survey at all was at the Jaguar dealership. Some overzealous maniac tried to charge my extended warranty $7000 in suspension repairs. Then when they found out it far exceeded my limits of liability by $4000, the service writer told me, "it was a good idea to replace all those parts but all cars with my milage could benefit from it. Don't worry about it." All well and good but the trouble with that was if I didn't get all those items fixed the extended warranty company told me they were off the hook for any of those repairs if they were to fail in the future. So their desire to turn a profit caused a liability to me.
yescats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #31
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
You need to spend more time at your dealer. All of them recognize me, and a few know me by name. I always get good service and they often cut me a break on pricing. And I don't know about other dealers, but mine will service anything. I've seen about all GM products in there, as well as Toyotas and Fords (and there is a Ford dealer next door).

This isn't a "Dealership Service Advisor" issue, it's simply an issue with the dealer you chose to do business. Time to go somewhere else.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #32
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
There is never an excuse for providing bad customer service or allowing a phone to go to voice mail, ever, under any circumstances. The franchise owner has a crappy business model if so, but then again GM might be forcing their hands. The owner needs to hire more service advisers or compartmentalize responsibilities better, both of which cost CASH - which owners refuse to spend. Nearly every single business owner I consult with refuse to spend $10x to save $100x, much less comprehend goodwill as it applies to better overall health (ROI) by providing top notch customer service. Every single one of them want to know how many ppl they can fire and still increase revenue year over year. The Sales staff barely cover their own expenses, the real money of a franchise is in the service, paint and body departments.

There is not one Chevy dealer in the Houston metroplex I trust my car with other than my service adviser over at Lonestar Chevy off 290 (David?). The only time even he gets my car is if Gullo FORD in Conroe is unable to perform the work. Want to talk about white glove service? Yea, Chevy has none.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #33
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
There is never an excuse for providing bad customer service or allowing a phone to go to voice mail, ever, under any circumstances. The franchise owner has a crappy business model if so, but then again GM might be forcing their hands. The owner needs to hire more service advisers or compartmentalize responsibilities better, both of which cost CASH - which owners refuse to spend. Nearly every single business owner I consult with refuse to spend $10x to save $100x, much less comprehend goodwill as it applies to better overall health (ROI) by providing top notch customer service. Every single one of them want to know how many ppl they can fire and still increase revenue year over year. The Sales staff barely cover their own expenses, the real money of a franchise is in the service, paint and body departments.

There is not one Chevy dealer in the Houston metroplex I trust my car with other than my service adviser over at Lonestar Chevy off 290 (David?). The only time even he gets my car is if Gullo FORD in Conroe is unable to perform the work. Want to talk about white glove service? Yea, Chevy has none.
I agree with this 100%. Sure, you want to be sensible with those labor dollars, but you don't want to cut off your arm either, which is exactly what many companies will do. Now in the car dealership, a good sales staff will provide a great buying experience, which will sell cars. The thing is, selling that car is a one time shot, and it will be a while before that person buys another car. The chances of them becoming a 'regular' customer is pretty slim...unless...during the ownership of that car, they are provided with great, personable, knowledgeable, and professional people at the the service dept. This is what creates return business and word of mouth referrals.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:14 AM   #34
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

I had nothing but great service at Westside Chevy, but that was before we left in 2007... nothing but praise for them when we used them. We had tons of service, done by them.

It started with a great buying experience too... which resulted in 2 more purchases.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #35
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Every single one of them want to know how many ppl they can fire and still increase revenue year over year.
The absolute truth! Part of any attitude you might get from a Dealership employee starts with them getting $hit on as soon as they walk in the door. Then the Customers arrive!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #36
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I treat mine with respect and he does the same, easy.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:21 PM   #37
yescats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I treat mine with respect and he does the same, easy.
Not all people respond to respect, but that should be the first approach.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #38
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yescats View Post
Not all people respond to respect, but that should be the first approach.
If they do not respond to respect they won't be seeing me again.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #39
yescats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
If they do not respond to respect they won't be seeing me again.
Some people respect and trust you until you give them a reason not to. Others, even employees, require that you earn it.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #40
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

I am the customer, automatic respect, the special treatment, earned respect.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:41 AM   #41
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
I could go on and on about the trials of a Service Writer. I was one for 18 years at a Chevy store. We took the heat for everything.
Car not fixed correctly or on time, I took the heat.
Parts didn't show up, I took the heat.
Salesman didn't treat you nice, I heard about it on your first service visit.
Tech got to many warranty jobs , I got the cold shoulder for a few days.
If the service phone rang more than 3 times the owner of the store would be in my face. He would sit in his office on watch the switch board.
If I didn't give certain sales peoples customers preferential treatment I caught hell.
Finance guy bent you over , somehow it was my problem.

The list goes on .....

Did I ever get a thank you for the hours I have spent in trunks of cars listening for squeaks, rattles etc. Seems like I was the only person in the shop willing to do it.
I have also spent hours in trunks of cars looking for water leaks.
Or how about the numerous times I have taken customers cars home with me ( with their permission) looking for intermittent problems and ended up waiting for a tow truck . On my time without any additional compensation.

It took me 18 years to finally figure out that being a Service Writer is probably the most thankless job there is.
I got smart and left.
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #42
prostock1

Drives: 2015 1le, dual mode exh., no sunruf
Very true,

I was a dealer tech for over 20 years, and the job of a service advisor is one I never wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prostock1 is offline   Reply With Quote