Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-28-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
Camaro117

Drives: Yellow 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Scratched my front bumper... After 3 weeks of ownership

hey guys so i bought a used 2012 camaro SS about 3 weeks ago and today i pulled into someones gravel driveway and well didnt realize that there was a small dirt hole in the middle and well i heard my bumper rub it and i about died, i got out immediately to check and well found a couple of small scratches under the bumper theyre small in length but kind deep... I know what you guys are going to say "take it to a body shop" or "touch it up" but honestly im alittle ocd about this car, its my pride and joy i want it to be perfect. Im a newbie when it comes to painting stuff so i dont trust myself touching it up and taking it to a body shop well im afraid they wouldnt use the same quality of paint or clear coat as factory i see alot of cars that are repainted and years later the clear coats coming off. So i guess if i wanted it fixed will the dealership be able to help me out on this issue? My car has only 8k miles on it now, still has factory warranty which im sure doesnt cover stuff like this but i did buy the extended warranty and i also have the scotch guard paint protection but Im sure those don't cover this stuff. Anyone have any suggestions? anyone know how much a gm factory painted front bumper rally yellow would cost me? Also this scratch isnt very noticeable unless you get down on your hands and knees really also noticed a few more light white marks under as well not sure if i caused it or not but im sure they were already there. suggestions! help! please!

***also sorry the pics are upside down still havent figured that out and also sorry for all the bugs on the bumper too :/ hopefully you see it and get the idea
Attached Images

Camaro117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
Badfinger

Drives: 2010 2SS
Don't feel bad that's not very noticeable. I bought a brand new Corvette and proceeded to drive home and harpoon the back wall of the garage. Now that was ugly.
Badfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
kraut1971
BITCHN Camaro

Drives: SOLD! Back in the looking zone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfinger View Post
Don't feel bad that's not very noticeable. I bought a brand new Corvette and proceeded to drive home and harpoon the back wall of the garage. Now that was ugly.

Bruh . . .
Old 07-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
Too minor and only you will know about it. Touch up paint, forget about it and have a cold one. If don't fell better after that, have five more.

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #5
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
first day back from dealer with zl1 bumper and i smashed a oppposum at 95mph. luckily only damaged the lower grill and was able to epoxy a few cracks which are not even in plain view they where underneath.thank god.

That's still ugly i would pay for a repaint im just very ocd.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #6
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
I would just touch it up. Won't even notice it later!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote