Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #29
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I do believe an eyewitness account constitutes valid proof.
Only in the case of the accuser? Because if that's valid proof, why is my account of "I had my vehicle on cruise control set at X speed limit" not an eyewitness account of valid proof?
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #30
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I do believe an eyewitness account constitutes valid proof.
Not necessarily the accusing eyewitness, though. If that was the case, I could simply say I saw you do something bad, and you would be convicted on that using your account above. There is a validation procedure, such as ANOTHER eyewitness or other physical evidence.

Typically, the judge trusts the officers of the law, so more often than not, it may be your word against his/hers, thus you would likely lose. Not always, but if just going on word, then yes. If the courts find officers in a lie, however, that could severely damage the officer's reputation and career. So you may win, but I'd venture to guess 99% of the time, if a well-trained, professional officer pulls you over, you probably gave him/her a darn good reason.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #31
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
From a CBus person, thank you .

Get him/her on 33 I am thinking?
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #32
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Damn, you let him off easy.

Hey I have a quick question would you pull someone over for running green halos in Ohio?
Man show those halos off. As long as it's not too dark to where you need headlights. You can have any lights on your car (halo's, underglows, etc.) as long as they are not blue or red in Ohio. Now they can't be flashing or anything. But green is fine. I have my orange underglows on every night did you see my post I put on them? I think green would look awesome on your car.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #33
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Man show those halos off. As long as it's not too dark to where you need headlights. You can have any lights on your car (halo's, underglows, etc.) as long as they are not blue or red in Ohio. Now they can't be flashing or anything. But green is fine. I have my orange underglows on every night did you see my post I put on them? I think green would look awesome on your car.

Dude why can all LEOs be like you ? I got pulled over for my green underglows. I'm terrified to drive around with my green halos.

I guess rules are rules. I need to move to ohio
Old 05-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #34
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Dude why can all LEOs be like you ? I got pulled over for my green underglows. I'm terrified to drive around with my green halos.

Every state varies on with lighting on vehicles!! Some states don't allow underglow while driving so it doesn't distract other drivers. Some rules are silly but it is all about safety for ALL!!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #35
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post

Bc I am still 21 lol. I like cool things haha
Old 05-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #36
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
MINN. 20 miles per hour over any posted speed limt is a "careless" arrested and car impounded Anything over 100 arrested/car impounded, automatic loss of DL for 6mts. Plus fine and that's with a perfect driving record at the time of the arrest! < Just isn't worth it Save it for the track.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #37
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Here in Ontario, going 50km (30mph) over the posted speed limit is classified as stunt driving and your vehicle can be confiscated on the spot and impounded. With impound fees and the smallest fine, its still $2500-$2800. Just think of the mods you could do to your Camaro!! This is the situation with this story. That's way to fast....no excuses.

I'm getting close to 41yrs old and I set my cruise for 118kph (~65-70mph) highway or 88kph (~55mph) country driving. I'm smart enough to know speeding doesn't really cut much time off of driving from point A to B, but it could get you a ticket.
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #38
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Awesome. I only ride with the green halos on. And I've got a few thumbs up from other ohio Leo's. And I thought the law was no red and blue or flashing. So thanks for confirming that. I'll keep on the greens. Also yes I saw your orange underglows. I want to see them in person sometime. I have yet to see underglows on a camaro in person.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Awesome. I only ride with the green halos on. And I've got a few thumbs up from other ohio Leo's. And I thought the law was no red and blue or flashing. So thanks for confirming that. I'll keep on the greens. Also yes I saw your orange underglows. I want to see them in person sometime. I have yet to see underglows on a camaro in person.
I will be up in Dublin for the Memorial Tourny. Maybe we can meet up after.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #40
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
I will be up in Dublin for the Memorial Tourny. Maybe we can meet up after.
Nice sounds good. I will be in the clubhouse at the bar everyday from thur-Sunday at the tournament. I live about a mile from hole 12
Old 05-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #41
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
75 in a 45

Don't feel bad he deserved it

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #42
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Unless you are trained to in visually calculating speeds then you can't do this. BUT ultimately most departments don't require you to lock in a speed nor is it manditory in Ohio. I am not sure how your state is. So...honestly an officer can just right down whatever he/she'd like. As bad as that sounds...officers aren't just going out there seeing someone obey the speed limits then pulling them over and writing them for 20 over. It just doesn't happen. I think I explained that badly so what I am trying to say is...there is nothing to stop an officer from saying whatever he likes.

Before I was trained in reading speeds visually...if I saw someone obviously speeding but I didn't clock them I would just cite them for 4511.20 -"operating a vehicle with disregard to other persons". Which this is just me saying he was driving recklessly at high speeds. Which this is what most officers would do rather than picking a speed. I still do this even after I've gotted the training to calculate speeds viually. I am not writing a speeding ticket unless I have physical proof and I always lock my speeds in. (I am 21 I am not trying to get myself in a pickle this early in my career)

Trust me no officer wants to get caught in a lie over a traffic ticket in court. We aren't trying to piss people off out there and making up stories which is the popular belief. We are just doing our jobs and trying to keep roads safe.
Hey Adam, think a brother can get some help with some speeding tickets???? Just kidding!!!

If you see me out in farfield (which is often) please don't pull me over and make my heart race...
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote