Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2016, 06:17 PM   #43
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
Here in Alabama, people don't know how to tie down ladders,so they fly off in the road and the semi's run over them spitting ladder parts all over the highway. Caught one of those with my wife's car, but I got lucky and just had so paint damage on the front quarter panel.

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
mth35115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:08 PM   #44
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
So semis just often blow tires? This is news to me but Ive always avoided them anyway because I dont trust their blind spots
Old 09-01-2016, 05:37 AM   #45
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
lots of weight,lots of mileage,some iffy recaps...i thought it was common knowledge that truck tires blow,plus ive seen some loads shift and leave the truck bed.best to give them plenty of room when possible.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:42 AM   #46
redcoats1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Thanks everyone.

I called the body shop today as I hadn't heard from them. They'll probably be happy when the car is done and I'm out of their hair. I told the manager I wanted the bumper cover/air dam replaced, not patched and repainted. Who knows if the crack will come back later. Without the trucks insurance, this is through mine, and I don't know how hard I can push them. My point is it didn't have a hole in it when I bought it, I don't want one now.
by the time they pay someone to patch it its probably just as cheap to replace it.either way it has to come off the car.i wouldnt be shy to push them,they arent shy to take your money when the premium is due,are they?
Old 09-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #47
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Thanks everyone.

I called the body shop today as I hadn't heard from them. They'll probably be happy when the car is done and I'm out of their hair. I told the manager I wanted the bumper cover/air dam replaced, not patched and repainted. Who knows if the crack will come back later. Without the trucks insurance, this is through mine, and I don't know how hard I can push them. My point is it didn't have a hole in it when I bought it, I don't want one now.

Don't know how hard you can push them......good lord. Insurance company doesn't give a damn about you, it's all about THE MONEY.

They will do it as cheaply as they can get away with it. Pickup the phone and yell and scream at them, with plenty of curse words, and tell them it better be done right.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #48
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I was firm, but polite. I don't want the plastic patched. I'll see what happens.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #49
redcoats1976

thats the way to do it.to remove all doubt let them know you want to see the old parts when you come to pick up the car.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #50
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Good point. I'll ask for that. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #51
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

So an update....

Car still is at the body shop. Progressive replaced the splitter ($800+), the air dam, are painting the passenger door and passenger side ground effect. The only issue is the bumper cover which is basically the entire nose from the edge of the hood and around the whole grill. It turns out the 1st owner had a small crash with the car and had it replaced on the cheap from of all places "bumper world" in Rhode Island (there is a sticker inside the bumper cover). Since it's not a GM part the body shop won't warranty the work and Progressive won't replace it. It's surprisingly cheap for a piece that big ($450-ish), but I'm already on the hook for the $500 deductible. My girl called the dealership we bought it from to see if they'll step up since it's a certified pre-owned car and when we bought it were told numerous times it had never been hit. If the dealership balks, we'll reach out to Chevy and see what they say. I'm not holding my breath as when she called Friday, the first person she talked to at the dealer got all defensive, and no one called her back. She's calling them again tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:30 PM   #52
redcoats1976

wow.i always thought certified pre owned meant original parts.maybe not the bumpers it was born with but GM factory parts anyhow.if they did carfax on it and it showed "never in an accident i would think the dealer or carfax would be liable for a GM bumper...although it may take awhile for them to do the right thing.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #53
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
So an update....

Car still is at the body shop. Progressive replaced the splitter ($800+), the air dam, are painting the passenger door and passenger side ground effect. The only issue is the bumper cover which is basically the entire nose from the edge of the hood and around the whole grill. It turns out the 1st owner had a small crash with the car and had it replaced on the cheap from of all places "bumper world" in Rhode Island (there is a sticker inside the bumper cover). Since it's not a GM part the body shop won't warranty the work and Progressive won't replace it. It's surprisingly cheap for a piece that big ($450-ish), but I'm already on the hook for the $500 deductible. My girl called the dealership we bought it from to see if they'll step up since it's a certified pre-owned car and when we bought it were told numerous times it had never been hit. If the dealership balks, we'll reach out to Chevy and see what they say. I'm not holding my breath as when she called Friday, the first person she talked to at the dealer got all defensive, and no one called her back. She's calling them again tomorrow.

Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease! Call Chevrolet Customer Service and start a case file NOW. The more noise you make the faster things will get going.

Dealership Lied. That's what you tell customer service and now you may have to get a lawyer and sue the dealership. Make as much noise as possible. Tell them you're going to file an official complaint with the state for FRAUD.

They'll step up and pay, just to shut you up. The law is on your side, certified pre-owned and they didn't mention it had been in an accident, bunch of liars.

Demand they fix it right.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #54
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Thanks Normagene. I just spoke with another manager and he said he'd go to the general manager. My hesitation though was he pointed out rather strongly they are allowed to use aftermarket parts if they are compatible. That wasn't my understanding of certified pre-owned. We'll see.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #55
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Well, the dealer basically told me to pound sand, that's it's not their problem and they can use aftermarket parts in a CPO vehicle. I called Chevrolet customer service and filed a complaint.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #56
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

I paid for the new bumper cover to get my car back as it's closing in on 3 weeks. Hopefully Chevrolet gets me at least partial reimbursement, but I won't hold my breath.

I won't be shy telling every single person I know what I think of Fred Bean's Chevrolet/Cadillac/GMC in Doylestown, PA though......