Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-31-2016, 10:31 AM   #85
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
ZL1 or Z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I'm curious how this works out? Does the ice last very long?

I'll have to ask Matt, this isn't my ZL1, another member here. Not sure if he takes it on the track/road course, I think he primarily drag races it. This was his best run last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
That's impressive! Looks a lot like a Flux Capacitor!!!

I hear ya, well Matt has all kinds of goodies hooked up. Night owl light system, afterburner taillights and on and on. Lots of performance mods too! He just wrapped it in a charcoal which I think looks awesome! Came out really nice.

Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:33 AM   #86
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Icing does work for drag racing. People have been using various forms of chillers going back to the 50's when they cooled the fuel to prevent vapor lock.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #87
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I hear ya, well Matt has all kinds of goodies hooked up. Night owl light system, afterburner taillights and on and on. Lots of performance mods too! He just wrapped it in a charcoal which I think looks awesome! Came out really nice.

While I'm not a fan of wraps - I must say that does looks good!
Old 09-10-2016, 10:52 AM   #88
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
While I'm not a fan of wraps - I must say that does looks good!

Ya, I felt the same way at first. Then the more I thought about it, if done correctly, it really protects the OEM paint from nick/chips. Plus once you're tired of it, just peel it off with no harm/damage.

Way cheaper than a paint job.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:20 PM   #89
AZ Charlie

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Looks like I'll have to give one a try! It will be interesting to see what lap times I can do compared to my ZL1.

Nobody has ever had anything good to say about a Lamborghini as a daily driver. LOL. They are meant to driven for what they were designed to do, basing that comment from every review I've ever read. Haven't driven one of those ether.

My hubby is now look'n at the McLaren 570S, but he's waiting to checkout the new ZL1. I know, two totally different categories, but he wants to see the ZL1 numbers. He already tested the new ZO6 w/Z07 pkg, but said it was too much to handle for him.
I have several friends that put over 50k miles on their Lambo's every four years and trade/buy a new one. You can daily drive it if you have the passion for them. Most people do not daily drive because of the depreciation hit and service costs, not because they are not comfortable to drive. They really are not bad, just like the drive in the Z/28 is not bad. Never judge until you yourself can attest to something. I agree, the McLaren will always smoke the Z/28 or ZL1 2017...their is just no comparison on the track or street with a McLaran. They are truly two different animals. The McLarens have different modes of suspension settings so it can drive stiff or very soft. Any of the McLaren's are just amazing cars and wicked fast. I am considering getting the 675. Post comments please on whatever you and your husband get! Always fun to get feedback once you have had the car for a few months. I recommend getting both so you have the best of both worlds The 2017 ZL1 in Auto is going to be impressive but never close to track or 0-60 or 60-120 times as a McLaren. BUT, you can not beat the ZL1 for the money!
2012 Ford F450 Super Duty
Prior cars:
2015 Z/28 Redline Motorsports SC725 (see profile for build details, Redline Motorsports youtube, Super Chevy article, etc)
2010 SS Supercharged with other mods...(two of this model)
2003 Lamborghini Murcielago (two of this model)
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari 348 Spider
Saleen Mustang
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:58 PM   #90
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Charlie View Post
I have several friends that put over 50k miles on their Lambo's every four years and trade/buy a new one. You can daily drive it if you have the passion for them. Most people do not daily drive because of the depreciation hit and service costs, not because they are not comfortable to drive. They really are not bad, just like the drive in the Z/28 is not bad. Never judge until you yourself can attest to something. I agree, the McLaren will always smoke the Z/28 or ZL1 2017...their is just no comparison on the track or street with a McLaran. They are truly two different animals. The McLarens have different modes of suspension settings so it can drive stiff or very soft. Any of the McLaren's are just amazing cars and wicked fast. I am considering getting the 675. Post comments please on whatever you and your husband get! Always fun to get feedback once you have had the car for a few months. I recommend getting both so you have the best of both worlds The 2017 ZL1 in Auto is going to be impressive but never close to track or 0-60 or 60-120 times as a McLaren. BUT, you can not beat the ZL1 for the money!
The P1 is of course out of reach, but a 570S is possibly in the reach of a modified ZL1, and especially Corvettes. If you said, take 50k, and buy a ZL1, spend 20k on it and the 570s would only see taillights, especially at the drag strip and on the road. (Difference between the 570s and ZL1 is what? Approx. 100-150k? spend that much on a ZL1 and dear lord lol).

And Corvettes? Pick up a ZR-1/Z06 and spend anything, heck 5 grand would do, and 570s owners or possibly even a 675 owners will be humbled. Not that they aren't great cars, heck if I had 200k+ to spend on a car, I'd be buying a Ferrari no doubt, even though my bolt on Z06 would probably defeat it speed wise. What it couldn't beat is the special feeling that exotics have. Which is why I agree with you on that point, but disagree when it comes to speed.

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 09-10-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #91
Barbosa
Banned

Drives: Hummer
Quote:
I have several friends that put over 50k miles on their Lambo's every four years and trade/buy a new one.
With all due respect this has got to be the dumbest thing I ever read on this Forum! What moron would buy a new Lamborghini, then drive it 50k miles, then buy a new one all over again. Darwin Award
Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #92
Normagene

Quote:

High end cars seem to be purchased as investments, so keeping the mileage low gets u more in the end. The McLaren dealership here has a Lamborghini Murcielago Superveloce. A 2010 with 2,615 miles. Asking Price: $480K

Also have several 675s. Hubby is going this week to checkout both the 650s & the 570S.

The ZL1 or a Vette are both great cars, and super fast, and for the money they can't be beat. But buying a Supercar is a category of its own. The craftsmanship is bar none!
Old 09-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #93
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
The P1 is of course out of reach, but a 570S is possibly in the reach of a modified ZL1, and especially Corvettes. If you said, take 50k, and buy a ZL1, spend 20k on it and the 570s would only see taillights, especially at the drag strip and on the road. (Difference between the 570s and ZL1 is what? Approx. 100-150k? spend that much on a ZL1 and dear lord lol).

And Corvettes? Pick up a ZR-1/Z06 and spend anything, heck 5 grand would do, and 570s owners or possibly even a 675 owners will be humbled. Not that they aren't great cars, heck if I had 200k+ to spend on a car, I'd be buying a Ferrari no doubt, even though my bolt on Z06 would probably defeat it speed wise. What it couldn't beat is the special feeling that exotics have. Which is why I agree with you on that point, but disagree when it comes to speed.

One can always spend more on mods and end up with a beast of a machine that will blow away any Supercar that cost double. But in the end it's still a modified Chevy or Ford. Supercars are the high end toys for boys!

Like u said you'd buy a Ferrari if u had the money. My hubby prefers the McLaren. And when I make my purchase it will be the Porsche 911 Turbo S. Crazy expensive sure, but if that's what's on your wish list then that's what u buy.

Can someone mod their car for half the price, Of Course, but that's their money and choice. I'm always happy for the person whom does what they want with their money! May not be what I'd do, but it's their money, not mine.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #94
AZ Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

Yeah, I am not a corvette fan...great car but unfortunately the stigma with them is not me that is why I own a Z/28 not a Z07 Vette. I agree for the bang for the buck it is a no brainer to buy a ZL1 or Z/28. But to compare times on a track with turns to a 570 S is not going to happen with a ZL1. The 570 S stock does the 1/4 mile in the low tens with a top speed of 204. Stock ZL1 low 12's 1/4 mile. If you are talking stock against stock not close. But again, spend some money like you said and the ZL1 would give the 570S a fair fight and should make it a 10 second car no problem. My Z/28 is running 718 whp and my Murcie will still beat my Z/28. Both amazing cars for the money. I love driving both cars because both give you a different feel. Either car gives me a huge grin after driving them so that is all I need.
Prior cars:
2015 Z/28 Redline Motorsports SC725 (see profile for build details, Redline Motorsports youtube, Super Chevy article, etc)
Ferrari 348 Spider
Saleen Mustang
Old 09-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #95
AZ Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
With all due respect this has got to be the dumbest thing I ever read on this Forum! What moron would buy a new Lamborghini, then drive it 50k miles, then buy a new one all over again. Darwin Award
I will keep this civil for you...Because they can LOL. Come on really? How often do you buy or trade your car/cars? I am surprised they even keep them that long. They sell and buy new because they can AFFORD to buy whatever they want and buy the next latest and greatest version that is out by Lamborghini. When certain people have millions and spending $400k on a car is like you buying a new cell phone it is not a big deal to spend that kind of money for them. I hope this makes sense. It would be like you having a normal daily driver car as them...you can easily afford to buy a car and put 15-20k a year on it right? Well, those friends do the same thing just at a different price bracket. If you can not enjoy the money you have then why are we/they working our asses off for it?
Prior cars:
Ferrari 348 Spider
Saleen Mustang

Last edited by AZ Charlie; 09-11-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #96
AZ Charlie

Quote:
High end cars seem to be purchased as investments, so keeping the mileage low gets u more in the end. The McLaren dealership here has a Lamborghini Murcielago Superveloce. A 2010 with 2,615 miles. Asking Price: $480K

Also have several 675s. Hubby is going this week to checkout both the 650s & the 570S.

The ZL1 or a Vette are both great cars, and super fast, and for the money they can't be beat. But buying a Supercar is a category of its own. The craftsmanship is bar none!
I agree! Mine LP640 has under 9k miles on it and it is a 2007. But that is because I am not in town much because of "work" and have multiple cars. It will be exciting to see what you end up getting! Alot of great options out there and McLaren is definitely in the top two for me for the price point.
Prior cars:
Ferrari 348 Spider
Saleen Mustang
Old 09-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #97
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
People with lots of disposable income, intense desire, and definiteness of purpose.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #98
Barbosa
Banned

Drives: Hummer
Quote:
High end cars seem to be purchased as investments, so keeping the mileage low gets u more in the end.
With all due respect this is another insane comment because very few automobiles are investments today. Maybe you should go back to to the kitchen where you might advise your hubby cooking for you?
Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote