Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
For all the E.M.S. people

In todays world to many people are just 911 crazy.

My favorite part, I call them F.B.S. calls.

Are you annoyed that it took your ambulance too long to get there? Do you wonder what they were off doing? Well, they probably weren't tearing through the streets with lights and sirens blazing while EMTs in the back struggled to keep a patient from slipping over the brink of death. They were probably responding to some frivolous bullshit. The reality is that only about 10 percent of calls are life-and-death situations. About half are in no way life-threatening at all, and a sizable chunk are just f***ing ridiculous.

Read more: 5 Terrifying Secrets About Riding in an Ambulance | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_19798...#ixzz1v2a48nZK
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I'd say that at least 75% of my station's EMS calls are either

A) lift assist - and old person fell down and cannot get up

B) altered state of consciousness - I got up too fast and feel really weird
Old 05-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I may not be a paramedic, but one of my best friends is, and my hubby used to be a firefighter - I've heard some great stories. I have experienced the delayed treatment due to frivolous calls, though...
I took myself to the ER with a 5 or 6 inch lac on my forehead (cat launched himself off my head at 2am....) - I had to wait almost 2 hours before ANYONE saw me, even just for triage, because ambulances were bringing people in for things like low back pain... I watched them come in the door and overheard the reports. All while I'm sitting there with a wad of bloody paper towels on my head. Lesson learned from this? Call for an ambulance, no matter how minor it is... which is total BS, but people shouldn't be left bleeding in the waiting room for 2 hours.
(I know every ER isn't that way - I worked in hospitals for years, some of my best friends are nurses and doctors, no disrespect to anyone who does that job)