Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #155
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
Thanks
Welcome. I am skeptical but certainly not discounting anything.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #156
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
Welcome. I am skeptical but certainly not discounting anything.
Yea I agree, I am going to wait for a few reviews from a few others as well as maybe some independent testing.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #157
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
Quote:
Read the first page of the thread
8 degrees.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #158
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Hey everyone, we are really excited about this product. We know that you may have questions and some of you are just excited to get your hands on it however, we would really like to do this right rather than piece meal answers here and there, so we ask that you please just wait for the webpage and the official rollout. The webpage will answer most of your questions and end any confusion about how or what etc..
We spent over a year on this product, testing On Corvettes, Camaro 's ,GTO's G-8's etc..
Each design was evaluated and run for thousands of miles, bottom line is YES, IT works, it works so well in fact that you guys are going to be stunned by something that appears so simple. It was not simple to design. Get it wrong and you will have a mess.
YES we are guaranteeing a power gain or we will take the part back and pay shipping both ways.
(Spacers in general) We know that the word "spacer" can be a dirty word in the aftermarket. There are a few companies that make them and they tend to find one design that works and then replicate it on every application. A Carb spacer will and does work, but what design and on what applications? Most results will vary and duplicating it on an EFI application it may not work or it may even hurt power.
Every application is different and as such, every design must also change to suite the application. They tend to just re-use the same design over and over again, in applications where it does not belong.
With design of this type of product many have focused on the obvious, the blade itself however, there is a lot more going on inside the aerodynamic package than just tilting the blade to a less restrictive angle of attack. That is only part one.
This will all be explained and shown on the webpage when it goes live.
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #159
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Hey everyone, we are really excited about this product. We know that you may have questions and some of you are just excited to get your hands on it however, we would really like to do this right rather than piece meal answers here and there, so we ask that you please just wait for the webpage and the official rollout. The webpage will answer most of your questions and end any confusion about how or what etc..
We spent over a year on this product, testing On Corvettes, Camaro 's ,GTO's G-8's etc..
Each design was evaluated and run for thousands of miles, bottom line is YES, IT works, it works so well in fact that you guys are going to be stunned by something that appears so simple. It was not simple to design. Get it wrong and you will have a mess.
YES we are guaranteeing a power gain or we will take the part back and pay shipping both ways.
(Spacers in general) We know that the word "spacer" can be a dirty word in the aftermarket. There are a few companies that make them and they tend to find one design that works and then replicate it on every application. A Carb spacer will and does work, but what design and on what applications? Most results will vary and duplicating it on an EFI application it may not work or it may even hurt power.
Every application is different and as such, every design must also change to suite the application. They tend to just re-use the same design over and over again, in applications where it does not belong.
With design of this type of product many have focused on the obvious, the blade itself however, there is a lot more going on inside the aerodynamic package than just tilting the blade to a less restrictive angle of attack. That is only part one.
This will all be explained and shown on the webpage when it goes live.
Toss the dogs a bone. What are we talking here time wise? A week, a month, another year? I'm only asking for those impatient people, not for myself

She is only memory now.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #160
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Just real time independant dyno tests is what holds water. We all know the Vararam intakes work great and produce power, but we have tested several other brands that look similar (but not this one) and could not duplicate any claims. Would be good to see it actually produce....would be a good seller.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #161
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Just real time independant dyno tests is what holds water. We all know the Vararam intakes work great and produce power, but we have tested several other brands of "spacers" that look similar (but not this one) and could not duplicate any claims. Would be good to see it actually produce....would be a good seller.
Just sayin

She is only memory now.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #162
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Just real time independant dyno tests is what holds water. We all know the Vararam intakes work great and produce power, but we have tested several other brands that look similar (but not this one) and could not duplicate any claims. Would be good to see it actually produce....would be a good seller.
After talking to them today, I'm on board. Money back guarantee also.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #163
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Did Steve give you any idea of when they will be available?

She is only memory now.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #164
Firerader

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary/Hennessey
If the spacer corrects an 8 degree angle on the blade wouldn't that translate to the corrected angle placed on the throttle body itself?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #165
Camarowguy

Quote:
Did Steve give you any idea of when they will be available?
He said they should be ready to ship Thursday or Friday.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #166
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
But doesn't the spacer require a new tune on cars already running a Vararam intake?

I didn't read the entire thread, but I did read something about cars with Vararam intakes will lose 5-6 hp with the spacer if not tuned.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #167
Camarowguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
But doesn't the spacer require a new tune on cars already running a Vararam intake?

I didn't read the entire thread, but I did read something about cars with Vararam intakes will lose 5-6 hp with the spacer if not tuned.
They won't "lose" that, it just won't make as much difference. He never did mention that in our half hour conversation yesterday tho. He said it made a good noticeable difference on his vette....and I'm assuming he has a vararam intake on it. Why wouldn't he? He works there... Lol

I'm ordering one regardless. My tune is getting revamped anyway, so I'm ok with it.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #168
IndeedSS1

Steve said this - When installed on a VR equipped Car the spacer will space the MAF closer to the throttle body richening up the Air Fuel by 4-5% . This does cost you some of the total power gain by about 5hp&5-6 ftlbs of Torque. This can obviously be tuned out for max power gains . When used with other cone and pipe style intakes this does not occur so the full power gain is realized without any need to correct the air fuel. Just bolt it on and GO

It's not that you loose power but that you won't gain as much I call that a loss and will retune if need be.

She is only memory now.