Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 02-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #6623
LahmannSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 "The Reaper"
Jason, I am assuming you left out the part about the fuse that has been pulled for the exhaust? Just wait until we get those headers on, then you are really going to have some problems
LahmannSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #6624
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Only minor details really. I mean the exhaust is still just as loud at idle even with the fuse in. The only range it is quieter is 1500-3000rpm.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #6625
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenningJ View Post
No front plate ticket. Only took them 5.5 months to catch me on it. Haha. The cop also tried to say my exhaust was too loud and would need to be replaced. I told him I would gladly pull the GM part numbers off of the mufflers and let him look them up himself. So we did and he let it go. I guess I will be ordering a new bracket now from JacFab.

What did he say is the legal dba? Was he testing with a meter or his ears? While I'm sure my Camaro might be louder than yours is (currently), it's sure as hell not as loud as my Harley!
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #6626
BenningJ

He didn't state the regulation for sound levels but his justification that my exhaust was too loud was "He could hear my exhaust from inside his car." (Roughly 8' behind my car) He did bring up that a Harley from the factory would not be as loud as my car. I didn't respond. However, a Harley from the factory is still louder than my car will be after headers.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
Old 02-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #6627
Obsessive Camaro Disorder

Drives: 69 Camaro and 92 RS
Law "enforcement" are funny creatures, too many of them put personal interest into it. If they like Harleys, then a loud Harley is ok to them. It's possible that he likes mud stains, or is jealous that a young guy like you has a new camaro and he doesn't. Maybe he is just a good ol' fashion hater. My friend Steve H had a lot of trouble with the locals about his '10 Transformer not having a front plate.

When I repaint my 92 I'm going to install one of them electric hide-away plates. I wonder if you pass an officer and they light you up for no front plate, then flip the plate out, and say "there is a front plate up there, please have a look" if you could get out of a ticket. http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Power...VPEWK21PPPFVT6

Overpar73 has a hideaway plate.
If it's done cheap and fast, it isn't going to be good.
Obsessive Camaro Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #6628
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
Quote:
No front plate ticket. Only took them 5.5 months to catch me on it. Haha. The cop also tried to say my exhaust was too loud and would need to be replaced. I told him I would gladly pull the GM part numbers off of the mufflers and let him look them up himself. So we did and he let it go. I guess I will be ordering a new bracket now from JacFab.
Wow man, that sucks. Was it your home town or state patrol? What are your chances of running into this guy again?

After 12 years Vickie and I finally got married! At least I picked one who loves camaros! But she had them back in the old days before all that fancy stabilitrack stuff, and she drove a stick. Needless to say, she's a better driver than me.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:19 AM   #6629
BenningJ

Eh, not really all that bad. I expected I would get a ticket for it eventually. I kind of wanted to see how long a person could go before they got picky about it. The officer was a State Trooper so who knows, its always likely.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #6630

Quote:
Eh, not really all that bad. I expected I would get a ticket for it eventually. I kind of wanted to see how long a person could go before they got picky about it. The officer was a State Trooper so who knows, its always likely.
In 8 years, 1 I.S.P. officer has pulled me over twice for my tinted windows on my daily driver. At this rate I'll never take it off.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #6631

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGuy View Post
After 12 years Vickie and I finally got married! At least I picked one who loves camaros! But she had them back in the old days before all that fancy stabilitrack stuff, and she drove a stick. Needless to say, she's a better driver than me.
Congrats! I tease my wife that the fact she likes mustangs is proof there is no perfect woman.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #6632
CROWN

Drives: Customer's Projects
Karl Performance will be having a open house/racer appreciation day on March 1st. If anyone wants to come out. 9-3 with some free food and prizes. Will be a cold one but should be a good time
EFI Tuning
CROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #6633
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I have to remind myself to get my order in for the hide away plate when I get home. Tried to see if I could make my old plate setup work, can't see anyway of making it work the same with this front end.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #6634
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Bought my first 'custom parts' in two years...kinda felt GOOD. No worries kids, just interior enhancements I have wanted for a bit. These long phone calls get expensive when I can surf for parts while discussing the finer parts of bakery equipment!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #6635
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
I have to remind myself to get my order in for the hide away plate when I get home. Tried to see if I could make my old plate setup work, can't see anyway of making it work the same with this front end.
Bob,

the pic's of your new front... looks GREAT!
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #6636
TwoKaw

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels edition
Cedar Rapids Camaro Club?

Hello all corridor Camaro owners!!

Is there a dedicated Camaro club in the Cedar Rapids Area? I know there's a Corvette club.

Just wondering if one should be started.
TwoKaw is offline   Reply With Quote