Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #7323
Bongo

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Ashen Gray Metallic
20" DR

I know this isn't the place for this, but in need of a set of 18" or 20" DR for my rears before the weekend if anyone local may have some for sale. I'm around the DSM area, but can possibly drive an hour to pick them up if there are some around and for a good price. Pm me if you have. Thanks!

Figured I'd have a better chance finding some local quickly if I posted it in here.
Carbon fiber hood insert
20" Machine faced wheels
20% Tint
Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #7324
370zyzfr1

Drives: 2014 Camaro Zl1 Tripple Black!
Don't want to beat a dead horse here but I want to start doing some mods and don't know where to take my car. I live In Des moines and would prefer to stay local. I have called Karl's a handful of times but I am very leary. One guy I spoke with isn't there anymore. And this last guy is brand new. Another member on here didn't have a good experience there. I was looking at Ted JRE 125RWHP kit and Karls said I wouldn't get anywhere near that out of those mods and I needed to upgrade cam. They tried selling me on something completely different. That's another discussion. Point is, I want a quality installer that can install all parts. Any suggestions?

I am looking at Teds 125 RWHP package. Headers, intake, 18% pulley, id850 injectors, etc.
370zyzfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #7325

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zyzfr1 View Post
Don't want to beat a dead horse here but I want to start doing some mods and don't know where to take my car. I live In Des moines and would prefer to stay local. I have called Karl's a handful of times but I am very leary. One guy I spoke with isn't there anymore. And this last guy is brand new. Another member on here didn't have a good experience there. I was looking at Ted JRE 125RWHP kit and Karls said I wouldn't get anywhere near that out of those mods and I needed to upgrade cam. They tried selling me on something completely different. That's another discussion. Point is, I want a quality installer that can install all parts. Any suggestions?

I am looking at Teds 125 RWHP package. Headers, intake, 18% pulley, id850 injectors, etc.

Karl's is and always will be about that dollar. Cam swaps make money.

Last edited by 402; 06-11-2015 at 12:45 PM.
402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #7326
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Check out RPM. It's about 20 minutes south of Des Moines. Otherwise there is Straight Line Performance in Joliet illinois.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #7327
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I used teds for my tune and did the rest of my mods myself and the help of this forum. I had no experience working on cars so this project has been a blast so far!

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:36 PM   #7328
firefighterassassin

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
Quote:

those mods are pretty easy for a guy to do himself and save some money for other parts. i had a bad experience with karls, on the 24th i am giving them another shot at tuning my car, if im still not happy they agreed to refund my previous payment. i would do a little more research on ted, have heard many mixed reviews. this is my 2 cents.

to me adding bigger injector to stock pump doesnt make a lot of sense?
firefighterassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #7329

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterassassin View Post
those mods are pretty easy for a guy to do himself and save some money for other parts. i had a bad experience with karls, on the 24th i am giving them another shot at tuning my car, if im still not happy they agreed to refund my previous payment. i would do a little more research on ted, have heard many mixed reviews. this is my 2 cents.

to me adding bigger injector to stock pump doesnt make a lot of sense?
The tuner they have now should be able to square you away, now if Karl's would fix their practices Karl's would be golden.

Stock pump will support more power than the stock injectors in most cars.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #7330
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
Does anyone know the fate of bill hf110 and hf111 that was introduced this spring?

The bill will allow cars not originally fired with a front plate bracket or of low height to not require a front plate in Iowa.

Kinda a big deal for sports cars in Iowa!

Edit, found the proposed bill

http://coolice.legis.iowa.gov/Cool-I...se&hbill=Hf110
Old 06-11-2015, 01:28 PM   #7331
LahmannSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 "The Reaper"
Doing headers, intake, injectors, and a pulley will undoubtidly get you there. The LSA with a blower is set up for serious HP, all it takes is a few mods like this package to unleash it all. Of course Karls told you that, they just want you to believe you need a cam so you come pay them. After talking to many that have gone there I do not have much respect for them. One guy actually worked previously for them before going to the WS6 store and he told me that they purposly change the adjusted conditions on the dyno to make it appear that you have more HP than is really there. At the end of the day Karls always seem to care more about money and business than they do the customer or the car. My 2 cents anyways. You can look around and find very few good reviews of Karls, you can find pages and pages of people praising Ted and his work. I personally have a tune from Ted and even as a mail order tune I was told it was solid when I put it on the dyno later with widebands hooked up. If you want a shop to do all the work, call these guys https://ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/ My brother used them for his cam and tune, nothing but great guys who will give you the best deal possible and a very knowledgable.

Quote:

MODS:
Texas Speed 1 7/8" long tubes, not cats | Borla S-type catback with X pipe | K&N Typhoon intake | FBM Tune | B&M 20,000btu tranny cooler | BMR split drop lowering springs | 20" black chrome Havoc wheels | gloss black calipers | smoked tail lights | black bowties | 25% window tint | debadged

Best time slip: 12.902 @107.24mph 1.964 60'
LahmannSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #7332
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
[QUOTE=LahmannSS;8477757]Doing headers, intake, injectors, and a pulley will undoubtidly get you there. The LSA with a blower is set up for serious HP, all it takes is a few mods like this package to unleash it all. Of course Karls told you that, they just want you to believe you need a cam so you come pay them. After talking to many that have gone there I do not have much respect for them. One guy actually worked previously for them before going to the WS6 store and he told me that they purposly change the adjusted conditions on the dyno to make it appear that you have more HP than is really there. At the end of the day Karls always seem to care more about money and business than they do the customer or the car. My 2 cents anyways. You can look around and find very few good reviews of Karls, you can find pages and pages of people praising Ted and his work. I personally have a tune from Ted and even as a mail order tune I was told it was solid when I put it on the dyno later with widebands hooked up. If you want a shop to do all the work, call these guys https://ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/ My brother used them for his cam and tune, nothing but great guys who will give you the best deal possible and a very knowledgable. Google Crown tuning. This guy has done real good for me. 2011 Camaro Kb supercharger, headers, etc.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #7333
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=cornfield camaro;8478367][QUOTE=LahmannSS;8477757
One guy actually worked previously for them before going to the WS6 store and he told me that they purposly change the adjusted conditions on the dyno to make it appear that you have more HP than is really there. At the end of the day Karls always seem to care more about money and business

I have no horse in this race about Karl Perf. Employee's knowledge issues are always an employers challenge.

That being said, I would tend to think the above statement by a former employee, is all about not saying favorable things on his former employer.

I don't believe they "adjusted" conditions. They happen naturally.

I have had my Camaro on a dyno 4 times. When it was built by Livernois Motorsports 4 1/2 years ago. Then at C5Fest Indy 3 years ago (in 90 degree heat with extreme humidity) and same year a for fun pull after a KP event. First 3 were ALL with-in 10-15whp. The 4th session was last year early spring at KP, doing a same day "before and after" to see if a new carbon fiber driveshaft made any difference (which did show an added 9whp)

Been told my builders: that dyno'ing has many variables anyway, and just a good gage to get a base for results after any mods added. Livernois, Lingenfelter, JRE and others all usually state something in their disclaimers; installed mods the ratings will vary from car to car, etc etc
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #7334

Karl's do adjust numbers. Even show it in their videos. For the most part shops increase their numbers or use bullshit correction factors like STD. But if setup up properly it shouldn't be hard to replicate numbers on different Dynos of the same manufacturer.
I personally like using uncorrected to say what cars are really putting down, but some people can't handle the truth. I only use SAE when we are comparing numbers from different days or different mods.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #7335
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
OK....

I was just simply referring to my dyno pull comparisons over the 4 years. That the results were not that far off from each other.

I have no idea what brand dyno Livernois has but I do know mine was done on their portable unit (which is on their many You Tube videos), and not their 4-wheel in-ground unit. The dyno at C5Fest also was a portable. At all of these, I had the usual 3 pulls each, and every pull was a few hp up or down from each other.
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:08 AM   #7336
LahmannSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 "The Reaper"
xtreme2s - Sorry, I was not trying to offend or start anything, but Karls does adjust numbers to make it appear as though you have more power. does this really matter, no....quarter mile times do! The point was someone wanted a shop to do there work and Karls is not a top choice, at least not at the moment. If i had a C6 corvette and some serious coin they would be my first call.....those conversions to the old stingrays are sick!!

MODS:
Texas Speed 1 7/8" long tubes, not cats | Borla S-type catback with X pipe | K&N Typhoon intake | FBM Tune | B&M 20,000btu tranny cooler | BMR split drop lowering springs | 20" black chrome Havoc wheels | gloss black calipers | smoked tail lights | black bowties | 25% window tint | debadged

Best time slip: 12.902 @107.24mph 1.964 60'
LahmannSS is offline   Reply With Quote