Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #57
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
I was expecting it to look like the this ZL1,

Not to mention before he started it was agreed to wrap all the edge's, so that set me off immediately when I took my first look at the completion of the car! I was like WTF!!! He then went on to explain about when you wrap the edge's they peel up more often then none wrapped edge's because the film is so thick. From 3ft away It looks sharp as hell but soon as I notice the cut below the fog light which he said he had to do to get the film to lay right calling them relief cuts, yet any pics of videos I never see this cut....? Does it protect the pain, yes, and being in Michigam for another year then a cross country drive PCS'ing back to the West Coast, it will do it's job. But I have OCD with perfection and this shit is killing me!

Red thank you for posting your pics as I see the same cut line between the top and lower bumper, but do you have the cut by the fog lights like I do? Aer your edges wrapped? Thanks
Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #58
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
No, my edges are not wrapped but I was told they wouldn't be before he started. I think my install is great because he did get right up to the edges on the panels and you have to actually look for the seams. I'll try and shoot pics later after work. It does seem like your yellow shoes the lines more than my red does. I didn't watch that video, but those xpel vids done by xpel (in Texas I think), are the best of the best installs. At least they appear to be. How they hold up over time, I have no clue. And I also have seen videos where they are taking over body panels and headlights to get the edges. I'm not willing to let the installer take my car apart for the sake of rolling the film. Also, I am willing to bet that type of install would run a lot more than 2k.
I understand your OCD. I feel it too. But I had a stone chip at 200 miles of owning it and I was sick. Now I am able to just drive and enjoy the car and I'm much happier. I had just under 500 miles by the time I got the film on.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #59
RDZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
I am factory trained installer for Xpel.
My rep at Xpel recommended to keep the price for:

Full hood, fenders, front bumper and mirror kit (installed) - $2000-$2400
Partial hood, fender, full front bumber and mirror kit (installed) $1000-$1200

So they seems very close to Xpel recommendation.
RDZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #60
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
Can we get some of you with the xpel on your camaro's to post some close up pics?
The entire front is wrapped on mine. You have to really look hard to see the hood ZL1 cutout. The only place that I notice is where the A pillar ends. The gills and rear bumper seams can be seen if you look hard but its low. No one notices until I tell them.

I do not recall seams on the side of the front bumper like yours but I'm out of town until Friday night so I can't look now. Believe me I'm OCD and my neighbors think I'm crazy for bucket washing at least two cars every weekend. I even bucket wash during the winter in Wisconsin!
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #61
ghostrider2

Did he take your badges off? Are your edges wrapped? I had the entire front wrapped also. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #62
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
Did he take your badges off? Are your edges wrapped? I had the entire front wrapped also.
I did not take the badges off. If you look close at the first photo you can faintly see a line toward the windshield end of the ZL1 cutout. I did not wrap the edges of the hood or extractor but the pattern is super close to the edge and centered so it doesn't show at all. My door edges were wrapped. I think Blue Ray hides it better

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 06-23-2014 at 03:46 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #63
ghostrider2

Can you get a close up shot of the edges?

Old 06-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #64
ghostrider2

I contacted Xpel today. It's rare these days to have a company listen and truly care about your concerns and then acknowledge your value as a customer. Xpel is in that very rare category!

Old 06-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #65
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Ghostrider,
sorry you are not thrilled with the Xpel you got done. I think your edges look pretty good. I checked mine over after reading your post, ours is about equal give or take. My side badges were removed by the installer and a single piece fitted to the fender, so no cutouts. I tried ti take some pictures but the car is in the garage and I just waxed it yesterday which made pictures hard to take clearly, too much reflection. I think you are ok, the main thing is the protection the Xpel gives you, a few lines is no big deal IMO.
Attached Images

"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #66
ghostrider2

I'm ok with the lines and not being wrapped. But the gaps, that is unsat

Old 06-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #67
ghostrider2

Old 06-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #68
Muscle Car Lover

That fog light area is very different than mine, there are no gaps on my application so I agree that area seems a little off.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 06-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #69
ghostrider2

Can you post pics of yours?

Old 06-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #70
Muscle Car Lover

Let me try to get a better pic with less flash in a few minutes.