Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #29
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
EDIT: I found this guy on Ebay. When I reached out to him, he was very responsive. He said he would do 6 powder coated button head bolts (M8x1.25x35mm) and 6 matching washers for $10 shipped. He can do red, blue, white, or black. They don't look quite as good as the OPs, but much cheaper.

http://www.route66mods.com/powder-coated-bolts.html
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #30
nancygrl
ジプシー 青

Drives: '17 2SS/A8, '17 Z71 Truck
Are the aluminum allen bolts strong enough for the strut bar?
Old 03-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #31
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
I'm not sure about the aluminum - guess that would depend on whether the STB is functional or cosmetic ... and there are plenty of threads running that argument.

The Route66mods bolts are powder coated steel, so that might be the safer way to go.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #32
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Hey don't feel bad I have been looking for a Black Socket Head Cap Screw this size for weeks . M8 1.25 16mm ,but the head size has to be 3/8 inch across... these go on the outside of my wheels , I need 100 of them .
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #33
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
While I like the look of the cone tops, not liking the idea of using aluminum bolts for something that is being constantly stressed. So you could just substitute steel socket cap bolts and use a plastic topper to cover the exposed head of the bolt. I saw them in gloss black plastic. It just sits on top of the bolt head and is friction fit inside the allen. Gives it a slight dome look.

Or use the stock bolts and just put a pop top on them. You can get these at just about any motorcycle shop. I've used chrome ones on my Harley, and my dealer had them in black as well. Think they are less than a $1 a piece.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #34
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
While I like the look of the cone tops, not liking the idea of using aluminum bolts for something that is being constantly stressed. So you could just substitute steel socket cap bolts and use a plastic topper to cover the exposed head of the bolt. I saw them in gloss black plastic. It just sits on top of the bolt head and is friction fit inside the allen. Gives it a slight dome look.

Or use the stock bolts and just put a pop top on them. You can get these at just about any motorcycle shop. I've used chrome ones on my Harley, and my dealer had them in black as well. Think they are less than a $1 a piece.
I like that look too. And I agree with you about the aluminum. But so far so good, we shall see overtime.
2011 Callaway SC572 2SS/RS, TVS 2300 Supercharger, 1-7/8" Kooks LT Headers, Fast 85# injectors, E85 Flex Fuel Conversion, Fore Twin Fuel Pumps, MGW flat stick short throw shifter, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, Liberty Gears Tremec trans, DSS 1000 hp axles, Nitto NT555r drag radials, 10#'s of boost, 702 rwhp/ 697 torque, Recaro seat upgrade
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:25 PM   #35
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
EDIT: I found this guy on Ebay. When I reached out to him, he was very responsive. He said he would do 6 powder coated button head bolts (M8x1.25x35mm) and 6 matching washers for $10 shipped. He can do red, blue, white, or black. They don't look quite as good as the OPs, but much cheaper.

http://www.route66mods.com/powder-coated-bolts.html

Thanks for the link to route66mods@gmail.commods.

I have talked to Stan today after a few e-mails last night, What a great guy to deal with. Goes above & beyond to help you..

So he milled some Stainless M8 1.25 16 mm bolts down for me , so the heads are 3/8 of an inch across . Powder coated gloss black , sending me a sample to try out, if everything is good , then he'll make a 100 of them for me. .

I really hope this works out.

So if anyone needs something done reach out to him . I told him he might be getting a lot of work now the camaro board has his web site..lol
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #36
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: '14 Red Hot ZL1 #1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
Thanks for the link to route66mods@gmail.commods.

I have talked to Stan today after a few e-mails last night, What a great guy to deal with. Goes above & beyond to help you..

So he milled some Stainless M8 1.25 16 mm bolts down for me , so the heads are 3/8 of an inch across . Powder coated gloss black , sending me a sample to try out, if everything is good , then he'll make a 100 of them for me. .

I really hope this works out.

So if anyone needs something done reach out to him . I told him he might be getting a lot of work now the camaro board has his web site..lol

Did these work for you?
Old 05-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #37
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Looks awesome.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #38
FloridaBill

Drives: 2015 RRM 1SS LS3 NPP
That's awesome, I would love to get bolts like that to replace mine. The bolts that come with the bar are lame.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:10 PM   #39
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Jims East Coast Customz in Binghamton NY does awesome work at a great price as well. Has a huge tank to handle all size pieces. I mailed all my stuff to him from Florida and Vinman went directly to his shop to have work done. We both have the same bolt setup as well. Prices in Florida for Hydrodipping was ridiculous!

Looks Good!
Attached Images

Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #40
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Thanks for the info on those bolts by the way!!! This is how mine turned out \m/
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2016, 11:43 PM   #41
Whoomba

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS vert
Got some of the same washers when I painted my brace. Got the bolts at Home Depot. Really finishes off the look.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:37 AM   #42
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
Thanks for the info on those bolts by the way!!! This is how mine turned out \m/
The bolts and washers you got them at Pro-bolt correct ? What under the washer? Is it another flat washer ?

2013 CAMARO 2SSRS 1LE Metallic Inferno Orange. Turbonetics T76 Kit, Granatellis Spark Plug Wires and Performance MAF Sensor, Wilwood Big Brake 6 Piston Kit. Eibach 1 1/2 drop lowering springs. ZL1 conversion of rear diffuser with heat shields, Side skirts and rear spoiler matter black. Original GM Transformers edition AuTobot fender logo and autobot wheel caps and autobot stiched ARM rest . Inferno Orange interior seats and dash trim panels, red billet racing pedals , Black CAMARO fuel door with lock. Chevy logo speaker covers, and Camaro logo chromed door kick panels . GM MTX subwoofer box.
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote