Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 11-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #15
klaatu barada nikto
C5 Best Gen

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
WHAT YOU WANT IS , MOBIL 1 0-40 EURO FORMULA. Has much higher ZDDP. Last 5 quart jug I bought at Walmart was $26.00 . Best bang for the buck oil hands down . Now if your in a hot climate with a cammed car ,you can use Chevron Dello 15-40 and laugh all the way to the bank ,cause it is half the price .
I agree.
MOBIL 1 0w-40 EURO,

ZDDP is 1,000 ppm PHOS. and 1,100 ppm ZINC

only oil i use and Readily available.

Last edited by klaatu barada nikto; 11-11-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added info
klaatu barada nikto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #16
Exgie

Drives: Porsche 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by el-guapin View Post
Curious,,, What do you use and why?
Mainly because of the low ZDDP. I do have a solid lifter car that needs 1300 ppm and the new Mobil 1 is 800 or 900.

And when I switched from Mobil 1 to VR1 which is 1500 ppm, I gained about a half bar of pressure and dropped 10 degrees of oil temp.

Brad Penn is good too.
Exgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
Cams have failed with Joe Gibbs Ls30 oil etc..as well....Comp cams just admitted in an email it was a manufacuture defect, not because of some specfic oil....
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaatu barada nikto View Post
Have Proof of One cam and/or engine failure directly linked to "the countless horror stories" of Mobil 1?
What Andy probably should of said is, that yes, the Comp Cams issue is conclusive, but like in any experiment, a catalyst is sometimes introduced, just to speed things up .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #18
H8S FORD
Head Ford Harasser

Drives: '10 IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Delighted to see this thread in this section today. I have always let the dealer do my oil changes as part of my maintenance package. The only question I asked was if they used full synthetic or not.

Today I was talking to a buddy of mine about the Amsoil that he drives half way across the valley to get. He rattled off a few "facts" about the comparison. Apparently he told the fisherman's version- his "facts" we're slightly overstated. I did find a few comparisons online that showed Amsoil to be far superior. The only concern I had with the numbers though, were that they appeared to all be provided by Amsoil. Sure would like to see an independant comparison.

Either way, seems to be better than the crap that Chevy WANTS us to put in our cars. I'm in the market for change and will stay tuned into this one...

-Dave
H8S FORD is offline   Reply With Quote