Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #1
Minge

Drives: 2013 2SS
Spring Right Around the Corner..Can't Wait!

Most people start looking forward to golf, riding your bike and just generally coming out of hibernation here in snow country.

I said most people, I am already taking inventory on detail items on hand and sizing up the damage winter elements have done to my daily drivers.

I look forward to salt free roads and spending the weekend doing paint correction on my cars.

Taking the cover off of my Camaro and pulling it out for the first time.

This is just plain wrong...My neighbors think I am a bit odd when I pull my leaf blower out to dry my cars and spend hours in he garage with my cars getting them to look as good as my talents will allow.

I know this group will understand my "illness" the neighbors think, I am out of my mind.
Minge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Rbrodeur
Banned

Drives: 2014 2LT
Your not alone with this illness man believe me!
Rbrodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I'm right there with you... unfortunately though Colorado hasn't been thru the worst yet. March is historically our worst month for snow, but after that its smoooooooth sailing. Bring on the warm weather!!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
If it's an illness, I don't want to be well!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #5
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
A lot of people who drive cars aren't concerned with their appearance, they just want something to get from point A to point B.

My neighbors think the same way as yours, except 1.

I've even started walking to and from work. It's only 8/10 of a mile and takes 15 minutes. No salt, sand, or magnesium chloride getting on my car. Some people at work think that's crazy. Make a $400 dollar payment and don't drive it to work? Let them think what they want.

I'm looking forward to golf for sure, but am also looking forward to polishing with the Reflect polish I got from Carpro, painting my hubs and calipers, and basking in the aroma of Adams car shampoo and detail spray!
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #6
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
If "right around the corner" means July, then yes, spring is coming soon......
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:02 AM   #7
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
I have the same illness. For me, it's been a long time since I had a vehicle that I really wanted to detail. The illness started with a '76 Camaro, that I polished down to the metal. My next cool ride was a Corvette. I used to keep it spotless and my neighbors would always make smart ass comments about it.

After that, family got in the way and I always drove pick up trucks. I tried to get interested in detailing them, but it just wasn't the same. I just took the truck to the carwash and called it a day.

Now I have my SS. I can't wait to shine it up. My closet is full of new products and detailing tools. The sickness has returned!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #8
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I can't wait, as I type this I'm dreading going outside to shovel snow yet again.