Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
Warranties from supercharger company's is nothing new. Magnacharger and Edelbrock both offer warranties. They are very restrictive in that they will only honor the warranty if it was installed by a certified installer, and there are no other modifications other than the supercharger at the minimum boost level. No headers, no exhaust, no cold air intake. If you pulley down to get more hp, that warranty is now void.
I thought only Vortech offered that. Well it is nice to see that these companies are starting to come around. ANd even at the minimal boost level it is still well worth the money. You figure there are stock Camaros with a Vortech kit pushing over 500 hp to the wheels.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #16
Kawirocket674

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I know this is a old thread but I confirmed today at my dealer that the counts read only 1 program ever done and all 8 program numbers read the same as stock when set to stock tune. Really amazed at this. I have a 13 SS BTW.
Kawirocket674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #17
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawirocket674 View Post
I know this is a old thread but I confirmed today at my dealer that the counts read only 1 program ever done and all 8 program numbers read the same as stock when set to stock tune. Really amazed at this. I have a 13 SS BTW.
And you tuned with a Diablo?
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #18
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Do you have any proof?

There is a 5 year old challenge stickyed up top addressed to tuners on how to prove their tunes are invisible. Several tuners have stepped up and tried it, so far everyone has failed. We even had a couple vendors leave the site and never come back when word got out that their so called "stealth" tunes can still be detected when reverted back to stock form.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:12 PM   #19
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
So Chevy does have a counter and a means to check.
Would a dealer ever check it with non-engine related changes?

I want to put a CAI on and possibly a cat back system that

I am also interested in tuning the engine for performance and AFM
especially how it comes on.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
So Chevy does have a counter and a means to check.
Would a dealer ever check it with non-engine related changes?

I want to put a CAI on and possibly a cat back system that

I am also interested in tuning the engine for performance and AFM
especially how it comes on.
Yes they do.

Unlikely they will check unless there is a major drive train failure.

I provide custom remote tuning via the SCT X4 tuner over email and would be happy to provide you with a great tune.

Purchase the hand held SCT X4 from JRE and get the first tune for your combination listed here, FREE.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #21
SixSpeeder

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
there are tuners that can put ghost tunes on your car and cant be traced.. just contact patrick G.
Ghost tune, as in your warranty is a ghost after installation.

But seriously, does anybody have a link to a thread where somebody's warranty got denied due to the flash count being too high after they flashed back to stock after being tuned with a Diablo or similar?

SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #22
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
But seriously, does anybody have a link to a thread where somebody's warranty got denied due to the flash count being too high after they flashed back to stock after being tuned with a Diablo or similar?
"We have determined that your car has been "abused""...see they don't even have to tell you anything.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #23
SixSpeeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
"We have determined that your car has been "abused""...see they don't even have to tell you anything.
That doesn't really answer the question, I've personally met people who have been denied warranty work due to their car "being abused."

A lot of guys keep bringing up the flash count as being an issue, but I've yet to read about a single case of someone having an issue with their flash count not matching up, as though the dealers keep a running record of the amount of times that your car has been hooked up to their computer. Does anyone have a link to a single case where that happened, or are people just being paranoid about something that has never actually happened?

Link?

Old 07-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #24
Kawirocket674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
And you tuned with a Diablo?
Yep, a trinity tuner.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #25
Kawirocket674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Do you have any proof?

There is a 5 year old challenge stickyed up top addressed to tuners on how to prove their tunes are invisible. Several tuners have stepped up and tried it, so far everyone has failed. We even had a couple vendors leave the site and never come back when word got out that their so called "stealth" tunes can still be detected when reverted back to stock form.
Without getting anyone in trouble, all I can say is 3 top techs tried and I witnessed they found only 1 write on the MDI after I had written it a few times then put back to stock. We also verified the original program ID#s from GM and compared them to my program ID's and all were the same.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:44 AM   #26
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Without getting anyone in trouble, all I can say is 3 top techs tried and I witnessed they found only 1 write on the MDI after I had written it a few times then put back to stock. We also verified the original program ID#s from GM and compared them to my program ID's and all were the same.
Thats nuts. Looks like I may have to look into a Diablo then.

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #27
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Nobody has ever "proved" stealth tunes are untraceable. You can claim it all you want, but I challenge anyone to send their stealth tuned info to GM and dare them to check it.

If you prove you tuned it, and GM verifies it's still "stock", then let the evidence speak for itself. If they don't look for it, then maybe. But if you dare them to look for it, I'd be interested in the outcome.

Until then, I don't care what ANYONE says that they can't detect an aftermarket tune. It's pure BS.

Unless, of course, the Diablo doesn't actually tune the car...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #28
SixSpeeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Nobody has ever "proved" stealth tunes are untraceable. You can claim it all you want, but I challenge anyone to send their stealth tuned info to GM and dare them to check it.

If you prove you tuned it, and GM verifies it's still "stock", then let the evidence speak for itself. If they don't look for it, then maybe. But if you dare them to look for it, I'd be interested in the outcome.

Until then, I don't care what ANYONE says that they can't detect an aftermarket tune. It's pure BS.

Unless, of course, the Diablo doesn't actually tune the car...
I'd bet money that GM has and can detect a tune, but could you please provide a link to a thread where someone flashed their car back to stock and then had their warranty denied due to the flash counter not matching up? These cars have been out for a long time, it seems like it would have happened more than once by now.