Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-31-2016, 07:31 AM   #1
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Sirius XM radio sales people are relentless!!!!!

Sirius XM salespeople are calling me almost everyday hounding me to renew my service. First, I thought I got 1 free year with the 16 Camaro purchase?? It has gotten so bad that when they called me on Sunday night of all times I told them to STOP F**k**g Calling me!!!! And the salesperson STILL kept going with the sales B.S.!!!
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:36 AM   #2
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The last time somebody called me from Sirius, I said something like "I'm surprised XM radio is still a viable business. I stream internet radio for free on my phone." The call then ended pretty quickly, and I never heard from them again.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:56 AM   #3
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
You do get a year. Ask your dealership to help you. This is well discussed on this forum on how to get it fixed.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:01 AM   #4
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
I took delivery of my 2016 in mid December. End of February, I received an invoice in the mail for about $130. Called the dealer and they worked on it and said all was good. 2 weeks ago. Sirius XM deactivated my radio. Took 45 minutes on the phone to get them to extend the free trial until this coming December. GM really dropped the ball on this one.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:01 AM   #5
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
You do get a year. Ask your dealership to help you. This is well discussed on this forum on how to get it fixed.
Thanks,
I saw the Forum where a Camaro owner got a letter from Sirius saying they made an error and that he was getting his free year. I thought I got the same letter, but it was just a"your service is about to expire" Blah,Blah, Blah letter! I,m gonna call my dealership and tell them I wish the damn thing never came in the car!!!
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
JeffMorse

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
IF you do like XM when the free trial expires give them a call and tell them it's too expensive. They're still sending me offers for like 25 bucks for 5 or 6 months. XM just sounds horrible on my Gen5 radio for some reason so I don't take them up on it.
JeffMorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #7
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
Sirius XM salespeople are calling me almost everyday hounding me to renew my service. First, I thought I got 1 free year with the 16 Camaro purchase?? It has gotten so bad that when they called me on Sunday night of all times I told them to STOP F**k**g Calling me!!!! And the salesperson STILL kept going with the sales B.S.!!!
Most places like that have recorded calls. So, the next time they call, do the following:

Tell them you have repeatedly stated to not be called and they are now in violation of the TCPA and are calling someone that is a Do Not Call. Any further sales or marketing calls to you will be reported to the FCC.

If their sales/marketing or call center people are trained right, that will kill that dead in its tracks.

However, I don't think they're in violation of TCPA since you're a customer.. But, it should be a good enough threat to get them to leave you alone as it's simply not worth the effort to validate that they're not in violation and easier to just mark you as DNC.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:04 PM   #8
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
The last time somebody called me from Sirius, I said something like "I'm surprised XM radio is still a viable business. I stream internet radio for free on my phone." The call then ended pretty quickly, and I never heard from them again.
This times infinite. So many free options with no need for paying or dealing with someone else's playlist.

Edit:. And the do not call list does not pertain to businesses you have a direct relationship with (like in this case) or political entities.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:49 PM   #9
kahbear@aol.com

Drives: Nissan Murano
Has anybody heard what the Sirius/XM "deal" is for the 17's? Still a year...........or down to six months. Seems like Sirius/XM was never happy about that year!
Old 05-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #10
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
This is why I refuse to sign up for sirius when I buy a car. My 14 Ram came with a year of sirius, the harassing phone calls were unbearable. It took my contacting authorities, FCC, Attorney General, and all out threatening them to end it. I don't recommend it to anyone, especially since they fired Anthony... **** SiriusXM.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:02 PM   #11
tadre1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
They cut mine of after 3 months. Called dealer to help... said they would put out a single...radio must be on 1st xm channel...waited 30min. nothing happened. Took it to the dealer to have them do it. Dealer calls and said the xm radio thing is my problem and they don't have time to fix it. Come on...it's one of the reasons I brought it into the dealer in the first place. What a pain!!!!!!!
tadre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:04 PM   #12
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I have never had this problem with XM or Sirius. And I like it. I like the Howard interviews and the comedy channels for a long trip. I don't care about the compression on talk stations. I got three months when I bought the car , I called one number at the infotainment center and they automatically upgraded me free to a year. When my year is up , I'll tell them that I don't care for it, and they will drop the price to a reasonable level. I will have them send me an invoice so they don't have my card on file.I've done this on my last five cars.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:15 PM   #13
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I got an automated letter about siriusXM and them extending my free year of stuff. Didn't talk to the dealer at all or set it up...
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:18 PM   #14
IPAbeer

Drives: Infiniti G37xS
When it comes to Sirius XM and extended auto warranty calls I just tell them that I sold the car so please remove me from their list. This seems to keep them from calling back.
IPAbeer is offline   Reply With Quote