Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #15
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Remember guys, KMP said he got it from the Colorado / Canyon forums. That makes sense. They ARE trucks.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #16
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
WTF???
Come on Gretchen, you know you want to do this and quad turbo it.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #17
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Remember guys, KMP said he got it from the Colorado / Canyon forums. That makes sense. They ARE trucks.
Yeah, I read the whole thread and there is really zero information. Given Trifecta is a tuning company, exactly who is doing the R&D for this? As Jason hinted...a two-letter company?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Come on Gretchen, you know you want to do this and quad turbo it.
If I make 726 ft-lb at 3700 RPM now, can you imagine...wait...stop...that's just crazy talk.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
jcharrier

Drives: 2013 2lt rs
If you consider an improved exhaust which most people pay 1-1500 for anyways in the 2000 price range wouldn't be outrageous at all exspecialy considering you get Basicaly no gains from our exhaust systems and this is boasting 30+ rwtq I'm sure engine wear would be much quicker but if your heavily modded already I don't see any harm in shortening the lifespan that much more since you'll be replacing that motor a lot sooner anyways
jcharrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #19
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcharrier View Post
If you consider an improved exhaust which most people pay 1-1500 for anyways in the 2000 price range wouldn't be outrageous at all exspecialy considering you get Basicaly no gains from our exhaust systems and this is boasting 30+ rwtq I'm sure engine wear would be much quicker but if your heavily modded already I don't see any harm in shortening the lifespan that much more since you'll be replacing that motor a lot sooner anyways
The tune is what they are claiming the gains on not the stroker.

Figure 4-6k or more to buy the stroker kit, plus install if you can't do it yourself
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post

Everyone moans and complains about the company that's supposedly bringing this to market, is it weird how they don't come around anymore, but are hot after the next big thing (colorado)... It's just weird. This has a two letter company written all over it.
They are HOT after the Colorado/Canyon market for sure. They are also pretty far into development of a supercharger kit for these trucks, and there is a post on that forum (RT man linked above, where I found the information) about the S/C kit. The kit looks nice enough, I'll give it that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
The tune is what they are claiming the gains on not the stroker.

Figure 4-6k or more to buy the stroker kit, plus install if you can't do it yourself
Yep, this was just some random stuff they threw into a post about a tune to create even more excitement or curiousity (which obviously worked lol).

I have to agree with some of the posts above. This stroker kit looks like it would chance the engine in a torque monster (perhaps?) but wouldn't be much for revving freely any longer. I think going to 3.8 or 4.0 would be the ticket. Not 4.6, but I really have no clue what I'm talking about lol.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:52 AM   #21

Drives: CTS4
Still would be cool to see a stroker kit for this engine.
305218828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #22
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
I have plans working to pick up a second LFX soon. Then I'm going to send it out to a company I can't disclose the name yet. They are planning on turning it into a built 3.9 liter stroker. The heads will be worked as well and they claim they can do something with the cams (at least make it better then the mace cams) yes it won't be cheap. But on a similar style engine they are seeing 50-70 hp and torque gains. Yes this is expensive and yes FI would give better results. But I plan on going FI after most likely IPF and that should REALLY wake the car up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote