Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
ir0nman11

Drives: Camaro LS
Shopping for new brakes & wheels and not sure where to start

On my v6 it's about that time to swap out the tires. Since I have always wanted to get new wheels but never got around to it, now I'm thinking of doing a complete upgrade, tires, wheels, brakes, and rotors. I'd like to get some bigger brakes but I'm not sure where which ones would fit with which wheel.

I have been looking at some TSW Bathurst 19x10.5 square setup (which is +1) of my original wheel diameter. Since I'm going bigger, I'd like to get some nice looking calipers & rotors at least for the front to begin with. I've heard that there are plenty of cadillac ATS/CTSv calipers easy to find for a reasonable price and those are usually good brembo units.

I guess what I'm not sure I understand correctly is what kind of numbers would I need to look for offset, etc. to fit the new calipers and larger rotors?
ir0nman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nman11 View Post
On my v6 it's about that time to swap out the tires. Since I have always wanted to get new wheels but never got around to it, now I'm thinking of doing a complete upgrade, tires, wheels, brakes, and rotors. I'd like to get some bigger brakes but I'm not sure where which ones would fit with which wheel.

I have been looking at some TSW Bathurst 19x10.5 square setup (which is +1) of my original wheel diameter. Since I'm going bigger, I'd like to get some nice looking calipers & rotors at least for the front to begin with. I've heard that there are plenty of cadillac ATS/CTSv calipers easy to find for a reasonable price and those are usually good brembo units.

I guess what I'm not sure I understand correctly is what kind of numbers would I need to look for offset, etc. to fit the new calipers and larger rotors?
This is either an old thread or a classic. Some pictures have broken links now, but the information you need is here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71401
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
ir0nman11

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
Here is the Cadillac ATS option recently done by me. Depends on how far you want to go.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492499
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
ir0nman11

So I think I've settled for 20x10s all around.

I've found these wheels of that size that are +40mm offset, 5x120.65mm & 76mm hub.

And for the tires I'm thinking NITTO NT555 G2 285/30ZR20 front and 305/30ZR20 rear.

The other thing i'm worried about is that in the future I plan to do a brembo upgrade for front and I was wondering will these wheels be good for the width of calipers (perhaps the standard 4piston OEM that come with SS) ?