Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #43
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Worst review ever! Can't stand the guy....
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #44
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
haa haa I am not Ford fan boy. I was GM fan boy but as I said Camaro delivers just a nice looking nothing else

:troll:
Old 08-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #45
TrackZero

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
He is probably right, he does see a lot of Camaros, because they are edgy and still stick out in the humdrum field of other cars out there.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #46
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachocheese View Post
Speak english much?
Yeah I was not sure how to answer this because I didn't understand what he meant!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #47
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I wonder how he didnt notice all the 'hard plastic' in the Mustang even though he hates it in the Camaro? Or the fact that you can lower the driver seat if you're so tall you have visibility issues. Or that you arent supposed to hold the steering wheel at 9 and 3 (lego man grip) and if you hold it properly it is no different than any other wheel.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #48
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I wonder how he didnt notice all the 'hard plastic' in the Mustang even though he hates it in the Camaro? Or the fact that you can lower the driver seat if you're so tall you have visibility issues. Or that you arent supposed to hold the steering wheel at 9 and 3 (lego man grip) and if you hold it properly it is no different than any other wheel.
I've never understood the issue with the steering wheel? It's a freaking steering wheel! They are pretty much all the same to me. Seems like such a lame thing to be so picky about. Sports cars are not designed to be luxurious anyways. It's what's under the hood and the looks that usually matter to someone buying a sports car.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #49
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremeymt View Post
I've never understood the issue with the steering wheel? It's a freaking steering wheel! They are pretty much all the same to me. Seems like such a lame thing to be so picky about. Sports cars are not designed to be luxurious anyways. It's what's under the hood and the looks that usually matter to someone buying a sports car.
To be fair it isnt a normal wheel by the way it feels. The grip shape is a bit difficult to get used to in comparison to traditionally designed wheels.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #50
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremeymt View Post
The styling isn't edgy anymore?? Are you serious! Everywhere I go people gawk at my car! Going through a fast food drive thru is fun! Every single time they say "omg what kind of car is that! It's hot!" yesterday a school bus of kids stopped next to me and these young kids were yelling "nice car" out their windows! The styling is on point with this car!
This Mustang/Camaro war has gone on since the beginning of time. This guy is a tool- the Camaro is a HOT car- when it is parked next to a Mustang 5.0 I don't care there is NO COMPARISON in my opinion. I don't care if there are 50 Camaros on the block compared to all the Mustangs driving around they do STAND OUT.....Of course I am GM biased too. One of the reasons I cannot watch those reviews or read Car and Driver for that matter.

Some of his points are true about the interior- there is a boatload of plastic but there is in the Mustang too- so is every car these days. The navigation is true...the Onstar Nav is just not the same and there is no room to mount the device without taking away views... it does limit the size you can be to drive it to an extent...and there are many blindspots.

Hey, I've been loving mine for almost a year now and you know what I don't give a rats a$$ what anyone else thinks about it. I love it and for ME it's the hottest thing on the road right now.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #51
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
I don't see what the big deal is with the steering wheel either. It seems the same as any other car I have owned a steering wheel is a steering wheel. As far as the plastics part all cars have hard plastics in them. I do think the passenger side of the Camaro is a little too bare but other than that its fine.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #52
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
And what you get of it?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #53
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Wow, I didn't realize I had such a crap car....where do I find my "lego-grip" gloves? If it's that bad, GM should have supplied them for us. I didn't realize I had such a problem with te"cheap, hard" plastic everywhere, who would have known? I am so glad this tool made me understand my error. It was so wrong of me to waste good money on such a sorry car.

Why did I buy such a vehicle.......?

Oh, I remember now, to smoke cheap, low-class unsuspecting mustang owners who think they have something...

...and or another note, how did this tool do in the Bullrun? bet he didn't win...
Old 08-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #54
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
I just did not like the wise-guy tone of the review

I do agree that :
- Visibility is not class leading - and takes some getting used to
- M6 shifter as standard is not good at all
- Exhaust note as standard is anemic at best

- Just look at all our threads on aftermarket exhausts and shifters

As someone who was taught to drive with hands at "ten to two" position I could never figure out the comments on steering wheel....

At least he did comment positively on chassis design and motor - but then ripped apart actual handling and the tone of the review seemed to just get nasty / petty, based on his views of the (award winning !) exterior design... rather than anything else

Ultimately for most of us who dont spend a lot of time on the track it all gets down to what makes you smile and feel good when you drive it - and I still have my permagrin and seem to come home from every drive in the camaro with a story.....

PS - ref our scandinavian participant - remember that is where trolls originally came from ;-)
Old 08-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #55
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
the Mustang is a very pretty car from the front
Lots of power
BUT WHY DID Ford screw up the back end
the mustang is just hideous in the rear
Because Ford knew no other drivers would ever see the rear while driving down the road
Old 08-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #56
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Ok the lead guy on the Smoking Tire youtube channel just reviewed the 2010 Camaro SS keep in mind this guy is one of the most biased Mustang Ford Fans I have EVER seen he drove a 2011 Mustang GT500 at the Bull Run challenge and always has nothing bad to say about Mustangs now heres his take on the Camaro.

Why do we care what this moron has to say about our beloved Camaros? (The only thing I liked about him is the Pearl Jam tat on his left forearm.) I wish you guys wouldn't post these negative videos - it only aggravates us.

Closed Thread