Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-30-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Z/28 Headers

Ok, I know there are several great aftermarket options for headers, and I haven't ruled them out just yet, but I can only say I'm a sucker for OEM, and the Z/28 tri-y's look sweet! I'm not really looking to do LT headers either... not really sure why, they just don't appeal to me at the moment.

Anyway, does anyone know if the Z/28 headers would bolt up to the SS/1LE NPP exhaust? The only thing the GM materials say is that it doesn't bolt up to the "stock" SS exhaust. I assume that means the standard, "quiet" exhaust. Thanks for the help everyone!

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:57 AM   #2
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Ok, I know there are several great aftermarket options for headers, and I haven't ruled them out just yet, but I can only say I'm a sucker for OEM, and the Z/28 tri-y's look sweet! I'm not really looking to do LT headers either... not really sure why, they just don't appeal to me at the moment.

Anyway, does anyone know if the Z/28 headers would bolt up to the SS/1LE NPP exhaust? The only thing the GM materials say is that it doesn't bolt up to the "stock" SS exhaust. I assume that means the standard, "quiet" exhaust. Thanks for the help everyone!

I believe the flange for the Z/28 cat and SS cat is different. Also, the Z/28 exhaust is larger diameter. I know they make an adapter to run the Z/28 cat back with the SS manifolds but I don't know anything about the reverse. You may have to run the full Z/28 exhaust or have something custom fabricated.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have a complete system from the headers to tail pipes and will be doing the install when it cools off outside...
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote