Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
essa

Drives: ls1
confused about brand new and 300mile on it

Hi guys

Is it normal to buy brand new a camaro 2011 from the dealer and there is 300 mile on it i bought today and i'm confused :(
He told me he got it from another dealer. So this is the reason for 300 miles

thx
essa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
smjhays

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT Silver Ice Metallic
It sounds like that car was a demo car (sat in the showroom, was used for test drives). Technically, it is "new" since the title was never transferred to an owner. I would look at the Build Date, it is probably an early 2011 (i.e. it has been around for a while).

The mileage would not be from transport from dealer to dealer, they transport using car hauler (semi trucks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by essa View Post
Hi guys

Is it normal to buy brand new a camaro 2011 from the dealer and there is 300 mile on it i bought today and i'm confused :(
He told me he got it from another dealer. So this is the reason for 300 miles

thx

2012 Camaro Order: PSXDXF.
smjhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
I was told by my dealer that if the car was under 300 miles away, it would be driven to the dealership.[in my case, they found a car in Dallas that met my criteria, but it would be driven back to OKC...because it was under 300 miles.] If a car was further than that, they said they would trailer it in. I passed on the car in Dallas for that reason and decided to order one.
just sayin'.........
Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by smjhays View Post
It sounds like that car was a demo car (sat in the showroom, was used for test drives). Technically, it is "new" since the title was never transferred to an owner. I would look at the Build Date, it is probably an early 2011 (i.e. it has been around for a while).

The mileage would not be from transport from dealer to dealer, they transport using car hauler (semi trucks).
Not always by hauler. if it's less than 200 miles, we use drivers and don't truck them due to the expense.

It could VERY well be transport from another dealer. Just check the car over really well and be happy!

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Mine had 307 miles on it when I got it in April of 2010. It was dealer traded from a dealer about 170 miles away. They asked me before they drove it if that would be OK, and I just told them if there was any damage, I would not buy the car. The car was perfect when it arrived, and I couldn't have been happier to get it. I went to the dealer to order one (which was going to be about 3 months at the time), and 2 days later took delivery of the same exact car I was trying to order (colors, options etc). Some would not accept a car with 300 miles on it, but for me it was better than waiting 3 months.....and my dealer and the car exceeded my expectations!
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
essa

Drives: ls1
Thanks guys
I wanted to make sure that there is no problem, also he did not deceived me
Now I feel comfortable and happy
essa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
TJ's MARO

Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
Quote:

Just adding my 2 cents here, when i got my car it had 220 miles on it and i assumed it was from test drives, but the salesman (who is a friend of mine) told me they got it from another dealer, which i knew & they did upon my request..but i assumed it would be on a transit truck, but he said they use transit trucks for bulk, in essence "if you want this car to be brought from that dealer by tomorrow, it will be driven by a GM employee." so it WAS NOT on a "car hauler"..to the OP essa im not sure what your situation was..

TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
GRYGUSS
Winner

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
mine had 15.....................Hmmmm....
GRYGUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #9
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Just a quick explination as to the varying miles on brand new cars. I'm a tech at a Mercedes Dealer and most of our brand new cars come off of the car hauler with atleast 9-15 miles on them. They get driven on a dyno for testing when complete, and then are staged at differenet areas of the plant for delivery. They are driven quite a bit just moving them around at the plant then here at the port in the US. The cars that are chosen to do test track duty for quality control can have as many as 30 miles on them by the time we get them. If you buy a car that was dealer traded (like me and the op) they are usually driven from dealer to dealer...even Mercedes if it is a reasonable mileage. The dealer can request it be brought by a single car trailer but the cost of that is put into the deal ($400-$750) and can delay delivery by a week or more. Mine was obviously test driven as well at the other dealer, but I'm sure it wasn't driven any harder than I drive it....so I didn't really care. I should mention I bought my car when most dealers wouldn't accept less than sticker for a loaded 2ss/rs like mine, and I got mine for $1900 under sticker. So I guess the whole point here is I wouldn't stress to much over the mileage you guys posted...all pretty normal.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
got mine w/ 10 miles on it(thought that was alot...). Just check it over, I guess.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
ESSA --- check the window sticker and it always tells you which dealer ( ordered) had it delivered to them !! If it is in a different city than yours...you can then start to add the mileage to see why it has 200 !! good luck..
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
RangerMan
"Camaro Style"

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 & 2018 ZL1
Mine had 380 on it. Came from North Carolina and it had 180 on it while it was on their lot and 200 was put on it during the drive to South Carolina. Same with my truck when i bought it in 2002. It had 225 on it because of the drive down from the other dealer. Your 36000 mile warranty will end at 36300, and the powertrain will be at 100300 miles....Have fun with your car!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #13
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

not always.. i have dealers offered to get me a car and have told me they would send someone to get the car and drive it back.
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
My dealer wanted to drive my car 300 miles to pick it up from another dealership. I told him, NO you are TRUCKING it over. He told me that he can get it the next day if he sends a driver. I told him I can wait. Then he said that it might take up to a week to get it. I stuck to my guns. He calls back the next day and told me they got it. LOL. I was worried that they drove it. But I checked the ODO and they def trucked it. LOL
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote