Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Arli

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
How many miles should be on car at delivery

I don't want my dealer (or anyone else) cruising in my new ride before I do. The second camaro I owned was ordered from the factory, and after my 2 month wait (back in 1985), when I took delivery, it had like 70 miles on it. I was just a kid then and didn't think to ask who put those miles on it. I think my current car had like 200 miles on it, but it sat in the dealer lot for a few months before I bought it and was still considered new (for financing purposes anyway). So, what would you consider an acceptable odometer reading for your brand new car?
Arli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arli View Post
I don't want my dealer (or anyone else) cruising in my new ride before I do. The second camaro I owned was ordered from the factory, and after my 2 month wait (back in 1985), when I took delivery, it had like 70 miles on it. I was just a kid then and didn't think to ask who put those miles on it. I think my current car had like 200 miles on it, but it sat in the dealer lot for a few months before I bought it and was still considered new (for financing purposes anyway). So, what would you consider an acceptable odometer reading for your brand new car?
No more than 6 and then I would even consider asking for an explanation.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
RS/SS
The wait is over!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
I have bought a few brand new cars (ordered them and took delivery) in my lifetime. None of them had over 10 miles on them.
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
When it comes off of the truck it will have 1-3 miles on it. Then, after us technicians finish the required PDI (pre-delivery inspection) it could have anywhere from 5-10 more. My dealership uses a 6-8 mile area to do it in. If you are the only person to touch it and you take immediate delivery, then by the time it gets to you it shouldn't have more than 20-25 miles on the clock. Even if it does, I wouldn't get skeptical unless it's over 50 miles.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
No more than 6 and then I would even consider asking for an explanation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS View Post
I have bought a few brand new cars (ordered them and took delivery) in my lifetime. None of them had over 10 miles on them.

Problem is, what can you do about it? What would you do? They kind of have us over a barrell unless you tell them build you another one. Then, have fun waiting.

I will however make them wish they hadn't pissed me off. They allready kind of got an attitude because I said "No dealer emblem on my car."
Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
If you don't wnat the car and it has over 50 miles. Give me a shout, I will be glad to take it off your hands. Especially if it is a Black 2SS with IOM Interior and a Stick!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
scomaro22

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS! ,'09 Genesis
I would say no more than 2 miles on it........a new car for delivery should be rolled off the carrier and into the shop to be cleaned n prepped and thats it. I would be pissed if there were any more than that on it.
scomaro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
The Pre-delivery inspection is required. It is going to have a few miles on it when you take delivery, no matter what.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #9
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I asked my dealer this. they said that they do the PDI on all vehicles. If it is an ordered vehicle then they just check the fluids and if you still want the plastic on the floor and such they will leave it there too. But watch out for the sales guy that says he wants to take it to the gas station to fill it up. Most dealers around here have a tank in the back for this but salespeople use this as an excuse to take it out for a ride. On a side note. One of the salesmen ( a new guy) took a customers truck to fill it up with gas. Bad thing was it was a diesel...lol
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #10
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
i had 11 when my 2002 Sierra came in
Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #11
mrpre10der

ill be waiting at the dealer when it gets off the truck .and i will let them do what ever they want to do as long as i am watching .i will be taking the car as is meaning white stickers on fenders, plastic on seats ,door guards what ever, i will remove myself this way all i could do is yell at myself. i bought a 2008 71000dollar sticker escalade they pulled off the white sticker and scratched the freaking_______ fender .told me they would paint it .told them keep the truck and i will take the white diamond at no extra cost ..all said and done they wernt to happy with the kid who did it .i wanted him fired .but thats just because i was pissed off .but i still see him today and he is alot more careful .
Old 03-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I had 7 when I test drove me silverado. After the test drive (took it home for the night) it had about 60-70 when I signed the papers. Lol.

I'd say no more then 15 after pdi. Before about 2 miles.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
Krieger

Drives: American Cars
Whenever I see a transport truck with new Corvette's at Allen Gwynn in Glendale sure enough I will be seeing and hearing (especially the NPP optioned ones) these same Corvette's being driven like they stole'em (employee only, no customer, and with semi-ship garb still on it).
The customer pickup happens in front of the dealer after the "gas station" trip (filled with regular of course) which is even more fun for some lot jockeys.
I've also seen them in drive-thru's and various other unexpected places being "inspected".

At least Corvette people have/had the museum delivery option.
I vote for a Camaro wing in that museum (with delivery option)!

Anyhow camp out, get to know the staff, and make an arrangement to avoid the extended inspection (be a pest, its your car!).
And in California avoid Brand Blvd.-Glendale at all costs.
Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
Dukeboy01

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS; 2001 Silverado
I've bought or been assigned (for work) new cars that had mileage from 7 to 128. The 7 was my first new car, a 1994 Chevrolet Beretta. The 128 was my wife's 2006 Honda Odyessey which the dealer I bought from had traded with a sister dealership in Louisville. No big deal, IMO.
Dukeboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote