Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Anyone else having trunk issues?

Not too long ago the hook on the bottom became loose, meaning my trunk latch wasn't grabbing firmly and would slightly bounce up and down over bumps.

I fixed that with relative ease, but now almost every time I open the trunk I hear a internal rattle inside the lid itself. I think it might be the rubber piece on the left, which I recently just noticed is missing. Are these issues common and how do I get that carpet off?
Attached Images

guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:11 PM   #2
guerrillakilla13

I know, this isn't a very exciting aspect of the car - but I do still need assistance :(
Old 08-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #3
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
To remove the carpet, those little black “buttons” are push pins. Take a flat head screw driver and gently pry those out and the carpet should come free. Those pins are barbed so it might take some doing to get them out. I usually get them out to the point I can get a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the “ shaft” (lol) and pull them the rest of the way out.

As far as your other problem, I have nothing...
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #4
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
The item you're missing is a rod that's spring loaded. I'm guessing that's what pops the trunk lid up just a bit when the release is pressed. If that rod popped out then you've probably got a spring in there somewhere rattling around. If by chance it actually made it into the interior of the trunk lid, you're going to have lots of fun trying to find it and get it out.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #5
guerrillakilla13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister10 View Post
To remove the carpet, those little black “buttons” are push pins. Take a flat head screw driver and gently pry those out and the carpet should come free. Those pins are barbed so it might take some doing to get them out. I usually get them out to the point I can get a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the “ shaft” (lol) and pull them the rest of the way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
The item you're missing is a rod that's spring loaded. I'm guessing that's what pops the trunk lid up just a bit when the release is pressed. If that rod popped out then you've probably got a spring in there somewhere rattling around. If by chance it actually made it into the interior of the trunk lid, you're going to have lots of fun trying to find it and get it out.
Thanks for your responses. I seriously haven't a clue as to why i'm consistently having trunk problems. I'll try to get those pins out and see what I find. Hopefully it wont be any more difficult then it has to be, but nothing is ever easy when it comes to these things
Old 08-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #6
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister10 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
+1 on those.

If you want to be bold you can unbolt the trunk lid after you remove the inner felt and shake the parts out. I did that when a spoiler nut fell off when I was changing out my spoiler.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #7
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrillakilla13 View Post
I'll try to get those pins out and see what I find. Hopefully it wont be any more difficult then it has to be, but nothing is ever easy when it comes to these things
Do yourself a favor and get a trim and molding kit. I got mine from Harbor Freight but they've got similar kits, for a bit more, at pretty much any auto supply store.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #8
SpikesRS

Drives: 2010 2LT
Mine isnt latching, searching for answers.
SpikesRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #9
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikesRS View Post
Mine isnt latching, searching for answers.
Did you pull emergency release ? If so it has to be reset to latch

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote