Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
jp_

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
American Racing Headers for LFX.

Hello I am a new member I am apart of another camaro club/forum and I have an awesome announcement.

I was lucky enough to let American Racing Headers use my car as a prototype for the "header" option for the LFX engine. It is simply down pipes with High Flow Cats. They sound fantastic and would recommend to everyone looking for more power. Personally i think they sound better than the solo HFC and def have more power scientifically. They told me they made everything as straight as possible for maximum power.

Here are some videos I made to show my club. I am sorry for not the best videos but I think they do the job.

This is a light drive bye trying to keep the RPMs as low as possible.. maybe a little too low not that I'm listening. But still sounds MEAN.

This is a semi hard pull. Did the best I could with all the cars on my tight block.
I think it sounds fantastic when you really hit it. has an awesome hum when your slowly pulling away.

Here is a WARM START UP. Sorry i don't have a cold start but It sounds great on start up. Here is light revs. Trying not to piss off the neighbors too bad.

I know they have a few already made. This all happened in the last month.

IF you guys are interested i would give American Racing Headers a call and ask for anthony. He is the guy who took care of me and the set up. Tell him your heard from JP. He will know exactly what you're talking about.

Also i have a k&n intake and a Solo Performance cat back exhaust.

thanks guys. looking forward to talking with all of you and wanted to pass along something great they had just come my way. Wanted to share the wealth.
jp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
kmmink

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS/GFX CRT/Beige A6
Do you have any before videos with just the Solo cat back exhaust that would show the difference in sound after you had this installed?
2013 2LT/RS CRT/Beige A6;Body-color gfx, body-color blade spoiler, body-color grille, body-color engine cover, Sunroof, Navigation, 20" polished aluminum wheels, Spare tire, and Cargo net-Order placed 8/4/12-TPW 8/27/12-Delivered 9/27/12 and 2013 2LT/RS AGM/Gray A6;Body-color gfx, body-color blade spoiler, body-color grille, Sunroof, Navigation, 20" polished aluminum wheels(last years), Spare tire, and Cargo net-Order placed 10/4/12-TPW 10/29/12-Delivered 12/11/12.
kmmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Congrats! Sounds great! I can't wait to get my ARH's on my LLT.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Will be interesting to hear how they work on LFX with IPF SC. Wonder if ARH will test themselves or wait for a customer to do it first.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I don't see how they could scientifically produce more power than the SOLO high flow cats, still have to basically make the same bends to clear everything and hook up to a stock exhaust, or aftermarket catback... I suppose the cats could have less cells which would make them even higher flowing. Does this ARH set have some resonators built into them like the SOLO?

None the less, I'm glad to see another option finally aside from the SOLO cats. Any problems with the check engine light coming on yet? Let us know after a couple months of driving. Just some random info, while attempting to make my own set of high flow catted down pipes for my old SS, I was able to consistently drive 5-6 weeks before getting a check engine light, and it would only throw the code as seeing ONE side as "Bad" with my last iteration.

What's the cost on these?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
jp_

No resonator. and no check engine lights. and I've had it for a little over a month. I'm going to wait on my tune so i asked for a spacer in the rear o2 sensor just incase. the light would really bother me even tho i know its nothing. i have a few more mods id light to do before i go for the tune. don't want to throw money away.

and you can youtube solo cat back exhausts. i do not have a before video it came out really badly. it was rushed. but solo created a great video.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This is pretty cool. More options is always better.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_ View Post
IF you guys are interested i would give American Racing Headers a call and ask for anthony. He is the guy who took care of me and the set up. Tell him your heard from JP. He will know exactly what you're talking about.
He's one of my fraternity brothers from school. Great guy. Perhaps I need to give him a call...
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
I think I might have to check into this. No CEL?
Old 12-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Anybody know how much these go for??
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
jp_

I dont know how much they go for. Wouldn't hurt to give them a call. I highly doubt they will cost as much as the solos. Their fabrication prices aren't even what the solos cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #12
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Just an FYI, Anthony isn't with ARH anymore. He's over at Vette Doctors now.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
jp_

Wow really?! That it's have just happened.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #14
jp_

That must have just happened*