Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Wheel Alignment.

Well after having put 2500 miles on BB (Blue Banshee) I began to notice a slight pull to the left. Took it in and they found the alignment was off a fair bit. Had to much toe in on the drivers rear and toe out on the drivers front. Took it for a small trip and it really felt better. I don't seem to have to keep as much of a grip on the wheel. Didn't even realize that I was holding on and keeping a small amount of right steer into the wheel. Can tell the difference now though, I was constantly trying to turn right when driving after I had it checked.

The real tip off was I could see a little bit of feathering on the outside edges of the tires. Might be a good thing for others to look into, just to make sure you don;t have an issue also. Just a little FYI for Ya'all
Old 04-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I've heard lots of issues with the OEM alignments...good you got it fixed!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
I have found that if the Pirellis are off by a pound or two in air pressure the car has a slight pull to one side or the other. Once I even out the tire pressure its perfectly centered. It also seems to drive better 1 pound over cold. 37psi
Old 04-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
Didn't even realize that I was holding on and keeping a small amount of right steer into the wheel. Can tell the difference now though, I was constantly trying to turn right when driving after I had it checked.
Just to be geeky:

Like my controls professor always said, pilots/drivers are natural integrators and natural lag filters. They just keep moving the controls till they get the response they want but they're always a step behind what just happened...

And unless another guy with controls experience steps in here, nobody will even get the depths of my geekiness

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
Just to be geeky:

Like my controls professor always said, pilots/drivers are natural integrators and natural lag filters. They just keep moving the controls till they get the response they want but they're always a step behind what just happened...

And unless another guy with controls experience steps in here, nobody will even get the depths of my geekiness
Cosmic...
Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
I plan of having a alignment done when i get my first oil change. Does it cost anything to have it done?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
Just to be geeky:

drivers/pilots create the closed loop feedback system. my problem is the proportional gain on my right foot/throttle controller is too high so my system becomes unstable and basically open loop because no system changes are made as a result of the feedback from seeing the smoke from my tires.....

I too live in your world sir
Old 04-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase_2008 View Post
I plan of having a alignment done when i get my first oil change. Does it cost anything to have it done?
Covered under warranty, I'm not sure of the cut off in miles or months, but I believe it is 6000 or 6 months.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
drivers/pilots create the closed loop feedback system. my problem is the proportional gain on my right foot/throttle controller is too high so my system becomes unstable and basically open loop because no system changes are made as a result of the feedback from seeing the smoke from my tires.....

I too live in your world sir
I also have the same problem when I see smoke in my rear view mirror, I must engage the flight response and try to get away from it.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
I also have the same problem when I see smoke in my rear view mirror, I must engage the flight response and try to get away from it.

I hope so... you can't let that $h!t touch you... it's poisonous

haha
Old 04-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Quote:
Well after having put 2500 miles on BB (Blue Banshee) I began to notice a slight pull to the left. Took it in and they found the alignment was off a fair bit. Had to much toe in on the drivers rear and toe out on the drivers front. Took it for a small trip and it really felt better. I don't seem to have to keep as much of a grip on the wheel. Didn't even realize that I was holding on and keeping a small amount of right steer into the wheel. Can tell the difference now though, I was constantly trying to turn right when driving after I had it checked.

The real tip off was I could see a little bit of feathering on the outside edges of the tires. Might be a good thing for others to look into, just to make sure you don;t have an issue also. Just a little FYI for Ya'all
I am trying like hell to hold out for putting the toe bar, trailing arm and springs on before I do it but as many miles as I'm putting on it (can't stop driving!!!) I dunno.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #12
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
If someone could let me know cause i just hit my 7 months CRAP!!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase_2008 View Post
If someone could let me know cause i just hit my 7 months CRAP!!!!
Take it in anyway, I was making a guess at the cut off's. It could be longer.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #14
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Guys,

As a reminder, it is important to always get a copy of your alignment specs, All you have to do is ask for it up front.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote