Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Advice: Speeding Ticket - Not showing up in system

Question,
I was on my way home from Alabama 3 weeks ago and got pulled over by a State Trooper for a 71 in a 55. I called the court house and they told me to speak to the District Attorney office. In Alabama they offer diversion basically you pay 360 dollars and take denfense driving class and they dismiss the ticket.

Okay HERE IS THE Kicker! Working with the DA office today and he COULD not find my name nor my ticket number anywhere in the system nor in the entire state of AL. He has never seen this in the years he has worked there.

I am afraid not to do anything since I do not want a warrant to show up later. He really was not sure what I should do.

Any suggestions....
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Here in Texas there are regional offices for DPS, our state troopers. If Florida is the same, I would start there.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
i've had problems finding a ticket and other such info from systems because my name gets messed up a lot.

BUT if they can't even find your ticket # then the officer probably forgot to submit it/lost it.

how long has it been? if its only a few days i'd try again after a week or so, you usually have at least 30 days to respond, right?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
MontanaKnight

Drives: Dreaming Of the 2011 SS2 A6 - Soon
When you call back, make sure you can get something in writing saying you tried to clear up the ticket. This way if it shows up later, you have proof you tried to take care of it, but they misfiled it. You may even be able to get it totally dismissed.
MontanaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaKnight View Post
When you call back, make sure you can get something in writing saying you tried to clear up the ticket. This way if it shows up later, you have proof you tried to take care of it, but they misfiled it. You may even be able to get it totally dismissed.
It has been 3 weeks. Ticketed on 2/9 and then 3/9 was my court date.

Can the trooper enter it later if he finds the ticket? Then I would not know thus get a warrant.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
MontanaKnight

I am not sure. They may have until the court date to put it in the system. After that date I'm not sure. I will ask a few friends, but it maybe different there. I try and contact the judge, and if they can't find the ticket get it thrown out. This is your safest bet. Other wise they may still try and get you for failure to appear even if they let the ticket go. As the ticket you received is a order to appear.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
I am not sure. They may have until the court date to put it in the system. After that date I'm not sure. I will ask a few friends, but it maybe different there. I try and contact the judge, and if they can't find the ticket get it thrown out. This is your safest bet. Other wise they may still try and get you for failure to appear even if they let the ticket go. As the ticket you received is a order to appear.
But, it is over 600 miles away (one way) so, for me to attend court is VERY hard if not near impossible with my job.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
MontanaKnight

Just call and ask to talk with the judge. Let him know that you are trying to take care of the ticket but that they can not find the ticket and you are asking him to throw it out as the office didn't file his paperwork correctly. You may need to send a request by mail. He will let you know what needs to be done.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:

That will be great for him in front of the judge. But, will not help him with a warrant next time he gets pulled over in AL. He would still get arrested on the spot with a bench warrant and it would get tossed out when he went to court after the fact. Trust me on this

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #10
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
It has been 3 weeks. Ticketed on 2/9 and then 3/9 was my court date.

Can the trooper enter it later if he finds the ticket? Then I would not know thus get a warrant.
File a request for postponement with the clerk of court. Tell them the DA cannot locate any ticket for you in the system and has no idea of what you should do next. The clerk can help or direct you to how to file for a postponement. State the reason of request on the form so it's documented.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
I would think they would have you on some sort of court appearence list on the day you are suppose to appear. Maybe call them a day or two before and see if you are on the list?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
Indpowr
Account Suspended

I doubt I am on any list since there is 0 record of this ticket or my name in the whole state of AL.

I am wondering if I showed up and ponied up the $320 flight to show up in court on 3/9 they would throw it out since there is no record of it.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #13
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
If you get locked up and bubba has his way with you,
I call dibs on sam !
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote