Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
karolyv

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
starter problem

thank you all / I have a new ss, I shipped it to Europe there is no dealers for it so I cant take it to one. it runs smoothly but every other time when I start the engine the starter only kicks in for a second then pauses then re-kicks then it starts. but it messes up the computer it thinks it was getting stollen. I have to wait sometimes 5 minutes before all system comes alive. I would appreciate any advise or experience. thank you all
karolyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
3min3m2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SIM L-99
Call onstar?

Borla S type, Volant CAI.
3min3m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
karolyv

no onstart here in europe....
I wonder if this is something common to others too or to dealers - like a new brand from time to time get a few hickups in its first years - or I was lucky enough to get one here to europe with a rare problem type...
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Probably one way or the other you will need to find a dealer somewhere. Is there no Chevrolet dealers at all in Europe? Sounds like the key programming is getting messed up in the body controller. There isn't much you can do. You can try to disconnect the battery, (in the trunk) for about 20 mins to reset the computer. The owners manual says only dealers can reprogram the keys.
Good luck!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
I would have your battery tested somewhere there and verify that it is good.

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
karolyv

thanx guys, I will attack the issue from the battery's side. I will see what the other key does too.
there are chevy dealers right but they have never seen a camaro ever. chevy only does the 'economy' level of car line here. also chevy US have been very hostile about any camaro shipment overseas. you wouldnt believe what we had to go through with my US friend to get this purchased when they kind of had the feeling it was going out of country they turned hostile not wanting to sell, we had to 'cheat, still, beg, kill' to get this here. they lose their license once Chevy finds out about a dealer who supports a sell that goes overseas. so Im not eager to call in and bounce around why I cant take my care in...
Old 08-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
karolyv

since I read your comments I started the process by using the spare key so far it hasnt done it yet, which is gotta be something since it did it almost every time. I realize there is more to this key than I thought< I wonder what 'programed' key means?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:13 AM   #8
karolyv

Guys, I have discovered what caused the issue I explained in The thread:
The Shipping company removed battery wire and when The Car shipped in they simply slide It back without the effort of tieing it in properly. So The wire has been lose and when I started The engine It simply did not deliver constant power.dumb..
For those who may run into this
Old 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Damn I was hoping to find something in this thread. I am having a very similar issue with the started just clicking as if the battery was dead. Sometimes does it once or twice, sometimes not at all. Always starts eventually though. I have checked the battery grounds and power, all are good, no corrosion. Still have no idea what it is. I'll keep looking though, glad you got your issue figured out!

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #10
Gamma
Cars go fast!

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Mike I just went through the same problem myself. After about 4 or 5 days the problem actually got worse up to the point I had to get a jump to get the car to the dealer to have it looked at. (Turn key, engine would feebly try to turn over, clicking from the solenoid on the starter, no start.)

In the end, the shop ended up doing electrical tests for a problem and found nothing. They ended up ripping a battery from a Camaro on the lot and haven't had the problem for the past full week; starts up first key turn.

Be sure to get it in to get it looked at and in the meantime keep a pair of jumpers, or in my case a charged battery jumper in the car.
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
starter