Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Exclamation Camaro Tracking from rail to truck question!!!

My car is currently sitting in Glenn, Illinois on a train car. I have a 10 digit tracking code where I can call the 1-800 number and find it's location. Eventually, the car is likely to be put on a truck somewhere and transferred the rest of the way to Minnesota and to the dealership.

My question: Will the camarotracking.com spreadsheet update with a different tracking code when that change from train to truck occurs? Will I then have to go to the truck tracking site here to ask for updates? I have not found a clear explanation of how this next step works. Any hints?! Thanks!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
My car is currently sitting in Glenn, Illinois on a train car. I have a 10 digit tracking code where I can call the 1-800 number and find it's location. Eventually, the car is likely to be put on a truck somewhere and transferred the rest of the way to Minnesota and to the dealership.

My question: Will the camarotracking.com spreadsheet update with a different tracking code when that change from train to truck occurs? Will I then have to go to the truck tracking site here to ask for updates? I have not found a clear explanation of how this next step works. Any hints?! Thanks!
The excellent daily updater file will tell you when it has been given to the truck transit company. At that point you are usually within 5 days of delivery. There is no accurate way of tracking the trucking............ you just need patience!