Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #29
tonedox1

Drives: 2014 camaro 2LS, V6 AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
Maybe im beating a dead horse, but is it really worth it? For example, im looking to by Lt headers. Would u say i should get this first? Im also concerned that it puts exsessive stress on the drivetrain (which others have also wondered.) obviously only time will tell... But for a car i plan on keeping for a long time, u think its worth the risk?
To add to angry birds reply, your worried about excessive stress to other components.... A 5 min install with Vitesse controller is much easier to UNDO versus a header install, & it can be turned on/off at will. Plus it's power that might satisfy the header cravings.

Another side note; at 6,000 miles i was showing a leak on rear main seal, I had to take it to the dealer, so I unplugged my Vitesse controller to avoid them hassling me with warranty issues due to aftermarket stuff.

Pick my baby back up tomorrow
tonedox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #30
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedox1 View Post
To add to angry birds reply, your worried about excessive stress to other components.... A 5 min install with Vitesse controller is much easier to UNDO versus a header install, & it can be turned on/off at will. Plus it's power that might satisfy the header cravings.

Another side note; at 6,000 miles i was showing a leak on rear main seal, I had to take it to the dealer, so I unplugged my Vitesse controller to avoid them hassling me with warranty issues due to aftermarket stuff.

Pick my baby back up tomorrow
Though I completely understand warrenty concerns... Im not that concerned with it. I bought my car in 2014 "as is" and my warrenty ends sometime early this year. I just wanna make sure im not screwing myself buying this. But I get that, at the same time, any upgrades are adding stress.
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:01 AM   #31
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Though I completely understand warrenty concerns... Im not that concerned with it. I bought my car in 2014 "as is" and my warrenty ends sometime early this year. I just wanna make sure im not screwing myself buying this. But I get that, at the same time, any upgrades are adding stress.
It is the best mod for the least amount of money you can buy and 5 minutes to install, if you concern about stressing the car, just leave on a lower setting I would day SP3, get it, test it, if you don't like return it (I doubt it you will return). Also any mod that will add that is not stock will add stress to the car, some less some more. Maybe you can do just cosmetics mods?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Remember if you have still got the factory 18" wheels and factory sized all season tires they will have less traction than the pirelli p zeros on the RS and SS models, less traction of those tires should produce less stress on your drivetrain overall.

I just ordered one myself.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #33
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Just ordered mine, it will be a bit before I get to enjoy it as I have stored my car for the winter.. But the anticipation will be unbearable..

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #34
tonedox1

Quote:
I get it too. We all want to enjoy our cars the best we can without breaking it or going broke playing with upgrades.

BTW, I just picked up my car from the dealer to get my Main Rear Seal replaced since it was leaking. (warranty covered) I asked the Service Manager about upgrades/aftermarket parts and keeping warranty. He said "If you are just doing Cat-Back exhaust, you are safe. Anything past or beyond that, like Performance upgrading, then your "warranty" may or may not be honored, depending on how the Service Manager feels that day.

And last I asked him about Dyno tunes and stuff, He said. "OHHH Noooo.... anytime you mess with the ECU, you may as well throw your warranty in the trash. Big No-No".

Who knows? Maybe this changes from dealership to dealership?
Old 01-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #35
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
I just ordered a Vitesse throttle controller today. I used Paypal to pay for it. I haven't received an email from Vitesse or any notification (other than the PP receipt)... is this normal? how long does it usually take them to ship?
Old 01-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #36
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
I just ordered a Vitesse throttle controller today. I used Paypal to pay for it. I haven't received an email from Vitesse or any notification (other than the PP receipt)... is this normal? how long does it usually take them to ship?
I think others have mentioned they never receive anything from them either and they get theirs in about two weeks.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #37
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think others have mentioned they never receive anything from them either and they get theirs in about two weeks.

Thanks. I guess the only thing left to do, is wait.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:42 PM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Thanks. I guess the only thing left to do, is wait.
Me too......
Old 01-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #39
tonedox1

Quote:
mine took about a week. (5 days)
Old 01-12-2015, 04:00 PM   #40
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Picked mine up at the USPS office today and installed it (my back did not appreciate the necessary contorting). I got it installed and programmed and took the SS out for a spin. WoW! A very noticeable difference in throttle response time. We're in a cool snap right now so the temperature is a bit cool for the P-Zeros (around 45 degrees today). Consequently, I didn't get silly with it. Waiting on a nice 70 degree day to really check it out. I'll probably set it to SP-03 until the warm weather comes back, but I feel this is going to be a great mod.

Many thanks to 911medic for his excellent photos and write-up of the install. Thanks Tom. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7958644&postcount=552
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:31 PM   #41
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
how much extra harness comes with the controller? Iam unsure of where I would mount it to look the best. Thinking in the middle console box....? any ingenious ideas? I have 4 gauges in front of my shifter, so cant cover any of them...
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:54 PM   #42
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
how much extra harness comes with the controller? Iam unsure of where I would mount it to look the best. Thinking in the middle console box....? any ingenious ideas? I have 4 gauges in front of my shifter, so cant cover any of them...
I didn't measure it, but I'd say the harness to the brain unit is probably 18" and then you have another 18"-24" from the brain unit to the Control unit. Plenty of length to mount it about anywhere you want. I mounted mine just above the headlight control, for now.

Name:  VTC1.jpg
Views: 2188
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  VTC2.jpg
Views: 2358
Size:  40.3 KB
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote