Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Could my love of Camaros helped saved a life?

The story starts on Monday afternoon and I’m in my office at work went my friend comes and tell me that he thinks he saw an orange 2010 Camaro SS outside in the parking a few hours ago. I was thinking about going to see it and put a Camaro5 card on it to see if he wants to join camaro5 but it was late and I was going to home for that day. Our company’s parking lot is only for employees only so I thought it should be there tomorrow. So put a note on my phone to remind me to go and see if I can find this orange Camaro SS in the parking lot tomorrow at 8:00am. Next day I was started at work at 5am and working until my note my phone popped up to let me know that it was time to go see find this Camaro outside. I was a bit tired of sitting down and I thought it would be a great time to go for a walk and look outside. So I have started to leave my office.

To get to the parking lot I passed by my coworkers area. He is about 55 years old. He works in an office all by himself and he is always busy and his office is in a corner room of the building and it’s not visited by people much. I like to talk to him and visit him once in a while. So I stopped by his office on my way to find this Camaro. Its was on the way to the parking lot. My company that I work at is a VERY VERY big building. It’s a factory. Anyways I went to his office and he was not there… So I left and I was thinking if I should find him so I can walk with him and see the car with me. So I have decided to find him. So I went to an area that I knew he goes for a smoke and I find him walking back from his smoking area. I told him if he wanted to walk with me and find this Camaro that my other coworker found yesterday. He told me no, and that he was not feeling very well and wanted to back to his office. So I decided to follow him back to the office. When we got back to his office he start to say that he needed to sit down and he was very dizzy. So he sat down. I told him I was looking for Camaro in the parking lot and I wanted to see if he wanted to come with me to see it. But all of sudden he fell out of his chair and on to the floor!! Sh!T!!!!!! It looked he was in pain! I was thinking this could be a heart attack because he has a history of it! I ran to the phone to call 911. Then the ambulance came very quickly and took him away with in 15mins after I called… Remember this man works in a hided office that no traffic passes through. If I was not there at that time and he fell to the floor, how much time would time pass before someone would have found him? I guess you can say I was there at the right time to help him. I’m happy I was. But if it was not for me wanting to go and see this Camaro out in the parking lot, I would not have been there… It kind of makes you think a little…

This is a true story and I’m not calming to be a hero or thing like that. I just want to tell a story on how I remember it and writing about will help me understand and think about what happened. Also I just wanted to share a story of mine. Maybe I’m thinking too much about it… But its hard not too... It was a very scary thing to see! What do you guys think?

My coworker is doing fine. So I'm happy everything went ok! It looks like it was a very mild heart attack. It’s good that he went to the hospital on time. It could have been worst I think… Oh at the end I still have not found this orange 5th gen yet…
Old 10-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Nice story and good job , you very well could have saved his life!!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
Sher525
CAMAROLIOUS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Good job, talk about being in the right place at the right time. You probably saved that man's life! You will probably be in his familys thoughts and prayers for helping their loved one. What a nice story!
Sher525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Great story, good work! God works in mysterious ways. And time = muscle when you are dealing with heart attacks, in other words you being there and calling 911 perhaps prevented a mild attack from turning into a major one!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Good work but I have to ask... maybe he's allergic to Camaros and even the mention of them causes the attacks? Best not bring the Camaro up to him again, just in case. Seems like he got worse every time you mentioned the car.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
Good work but I have to ask... maybe he's allergic to Camaros and even the mention of them causes the attacks? Best not bring the Camaro up to him again, just in case. Seems like he got worse every time you mentioned the car.
lol no he has been in my camaro and he loves it. so I would not think that would be it...
Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
Mr. Brownstone

Drives: "SINISTER"
Cool Story! Sounds like your love for Camaros did indeed save a life.
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
awesome job link!!! good thing you love Camaro's and I hope he is better!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
The story starts on Monday afternoon and I’m in my office at work went my friend comes and tell me that he thinks he saw an orange 2010 Camaro SS outside in the parking a few hours ago. I was thinking about going to see it and put a Camaro5 card on it to see if he wants to join camaro5 but it was late and I was going to home for that day. Our company’s parking lot is only for employees only so I thought it should be there tomorrow. So put a note on my phone to remind me to go and see if I can find this orange Camaro SS in the parking lot tomorrow at 8:00am. Next day I was started at work at 5am and working until my note my phone popped up to let me know that it was time to go see find this Camaro outside. I was a bit tired of sitting down and I thought it would be a great time to go for a walk and look outside. So I have started to leave my office.

To get to the parking lot I passed by my coworkers area. He is about 55 years old. He works in an office all by himself and he is always busy and his office is in a corner room of the building and it’s not visited by people much. I like to talk to him and visit him once in a while. So I stopped by his office on my way to find this Camaro. Its was on the way to the parking lot. My company that I work at is a VERY VERY big building. It’s a factory. Anyways I went to his office and he was not there… So I left and I was thinking if I should find him so I can walk with him and see the car with me. So I have decided to find him. So I went to an area that I knew he goes for a smoke and I find him walking back from his smoking area. I told him if he wanted to walk with me and find this Camaro that my other coworker found yesterday. He told me no, and that he was not feeling very well and wanted to back to his office. So I decided to follow him back to the office. When we got back to his office he start to say that he needed to sit down and he was very dizzy. So he sat down. I told him I was looking for Camaro in the parking lot and I wanted to see if he wanted to come with me to see it. But all of sudden he fell out of his chair and on to the floor!! Sh!T!!!!!! It looked he was in pain! I was thinking this could be a heart attack because he has a history of it! I ran to the phone to call 911. Then the ambulance came very quickly and took him away with in 15mins after I called… Remember this man works in a hided office that no traffic passes through. If I was not there at that time and he fell to the floor, how much time would time pass before someone would have found him? I guess you can say I was there at the right time to help him. I’m happy I was. But if it was not for me wanting to go and see this Camaro out in the parking lot, I would not have been there… It kind of makes you think a little…

This is a true story and I’m not calming to be a hero or thing like that. I just want to tell a story on how I remember it and writing about will help me understand and think about what happened. Also I just wanted to share a story of mine. Maybe I’m thinking too much about it… But its hard not too... It was a very scary thing to see! What do you guys think?

My coworker is doing fine. So I'm happy everything went ok! It looks like it was a very mild heart attack. It’s good that he went to the hospital on time. It could have been worst I think… Oh at the end I still have not found this orange 5th gen yet…
Looks like your love for the Camaro saved his life. Right place, right time. I'm glad he is ok.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The first hour is the most critical--by being right there as the heart attack happened, you ensured that EMS was there within 15 minutes.

Nice job

Hope the guy will be ok.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
Whoa ... This story is great ... Good you were there man. You also have to think about the fact that he said no to you becuase he didn't feel good and wanted to go back to his office and you could have just said "feel better" or something and left to go find the Camaro alone but you walked back to the office with him so to me that sounds heroic ... You made a hero move fella not everyone would do that
Old 10-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
IMVG

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
maybe the car was an angel
IMVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #13
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Great story!

Good job.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMVG View Post
maybe the car was an angel
Of course the car was an angel; they DO transform you know.

Good job to the OP!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote