Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #1
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
PAC Camaro kit problem

hi all, i just installed this with a jvc unit. the problem i'm having is the speakers cut in and out, and it seems to happen when i touch the main control module that everything plugs into. i don't know if it's faulty or if i need to update it with the pac-up? any ideas? no particular speaker is the issue so it isn't a wiring issue. they will all play or one will play soft or the other side will cut out, etc. i can just tap on the module and it will change what plays and what doesn't lol.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Correct me if I'm wrong but everything plugs into the JVC head unit . The PAC unit is just an interface for the cars controls and the steering wheel. If speakers are doing funky things its the JVC unit that is the problem. Hope you figure it out.

I'm going to be installing a new JVC headunit in my car once it warms up a bit here.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
kiteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but everything plugs into the JVC head unit . The PAC unit is just an interface for the cars controls and the steering wheel. If speakers are doing funky things its the JVC unit that is the problem. Hope you figure it out.

I'm going to be installing a new JVC headunit in my car once it warms up a bit here.
well it turns out i had a loose wire. but i still have another issue now, and it's that the steering wheel controls all work except they do not answer or hang up calls...like at all, meaning it hasn't worked once. i reprogrammed the unit several times and it just doesn't work. the PAC unit comes with an aux cord for the steering wheel controls and says in the instructions "for kenwood, jvc, etc" but i cannot figure out where it's supposed to plug in on the actual jvc unit? but still i don't know if that's the problem.

the pac instructions say on the jvc reprogram of the buttons there is an ability to program "accept call" and "reject call" while all the others say answer or end call. i can't get accept or reject to work, but maybe the PAC is not compatible with answer/hang up calls with jvc and our steering wheel controls. can anyone help me out? i know it's an obscure problem, but hopefully someone can assist. thanks.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
well it turns out i had a loose wire. but i still have another issue now, and it's that the steering wheel controls all work except they do not answer or hang up calls...like at all, meaning it hasn't worked once. i reprogrammed the unit several times and it just doesn't work. the PAC unit comes with an aux cord for the steering wheel controls and says in the instructions "for kenwood, jvc, etc" but i cannot figure out where it's supposed to plug in on the actual jvc unit? but still i don't know if that's the problem.

the pac instructions say on the jvc reprogram of the buttons there is an ability to program "accept call" and "reject call" while all the others say answer or end call. i can't get accept or reject to work, but maybe the PAC is not compatible with answer/hang up calls with jvc and our steering wheel controls. can anyone help me out? i know it's an obscure problem, but hopefully someone can assist. thanks.
Damn sorry I thought you were talking about Surround for the headunit . After some reading I now no what your talking about . My car also has the PAC in it . Sadly I could never answer calls using the steering wheel after having the Kenwood installed. I had the Kenwood professionally installed 3 years ago so I have no Idea how its hooked up/plugged in. When I install the JVC I'll be dealing with the same things as you. Did you try and do any searching on https://axxessinterfaces.com/resources/updater-software . Or you could try and call them monday...
Old 04-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
kiteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Damn sorry I thought you were talking about Surround for the headunit . After some reading I now no what your talking about . My car also has the PAC in it . Sadly I could never answer calls using the steering wheel after having the Kenwood installed. I had the Kenwood professionally installed 3 years ago so I have no Idea how its hooked up/plugged in. When I install the JVC I'll be dealing with the same things as you. Did you try and do any searching on https://axxessinterfaces.com/resources/updater-software . Or you could try and call them monday...
i figured it out! it's my phone, it either doesn't work perfectly with android auto or it doesn't work perfectly with jvc or both. i put my wife's nexus 5x in the car and everything works perfectly 100%. i have a huawei mate 10 fyi.

so if you have an apple product you should be good, or a google/nexus/pixel product. i think once you get away from the stock android you're asking for sync issues unfortunately. very weird problem...it's taken me two days and uninstall twice to figure this out.