Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Exclamation Car at Dealer for service (TSB) and other issues

I have a 2ss, took my car to dealer for oil and filter change. There is a tsb for the AC module, wiring harness and spoiler nuts. The strange thing is the dealer noticed the CHEVY decal on the passenger side door sill was beginning to peel up along the edges.

The dealer asked me if I did paint work in this area, as the clearcoat only covers the top 1/2 of the door jamb, The lower area has no clearcoat causing the decal to lift up.

I have never done any paint work on this car, but you can see the drivers side door jamb is 100% clearcoated and the passenger side is 50%.

So they have had my car for 3 days so far to repaint the door jamb replace the decal and do the TSB work

Has anyone noticed this on their car ?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 11-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Do you have any photos to post? My car was built the week after yours. I have not noticed anything, but I am guessing you didn't either until the dealer pointed it oit to you.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Do you have any photos to post? My car was built the week after yours. I have not noticed anything, but I am guessing you didn't either until the dealer pointed it oit to you.
Paul if you open the passenger door and look at the jamb (both sides and bottom) the paint is clearcoated on the upper parts only. It is not very noticeable , you really have to look close. The dealer was convinced that I repainted the lower half with color and did not clearcoat the paint. I have no idea how or why the paint is like this , from the factory ?