Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 08-05-2019, 08:08 AM   #29
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Maybe someone replaced the dipstick?
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #30
PowertoLove
Banned

Drives: A Sneaky Fast Camaro
I asked the dealer and they didn't know what the markings meant either. It looks like a GM stick but anyways I know what it all means now. Just surprises all the hash markings on it. Looks like a autotrans stick.
PowertoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:05 AM   #31
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
You might want to replace the dipstick......if it’s not a Camaro dipstick it’s giving you an erroneous oil level, and while the markings show you 1 quart from bottom to top it might be too long or too short.....you could be riding around with too much or too little oil for the entire time you own the car. Alternately, change the oil, and add in set amounts til you get a reading on the dipstick, so when you reach the full amount specified for your car the dipstick reading coincides
Old 08-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #32
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
OMG an auto trans stick in the oil dip stick tube? I’ll give ya this much, that’s definitely not covered in the owners manual. Are you sure it’s the correct length? If it’s not, it doesn’t matter where those markings are or what the owners manual reads.

You can blame the criticism on your vague questions. It was like playing Battleship for anyone to help you out.

Post some pictures ASAP before you blow your engine.... we can and will help you.

PS. You probably need to stop driving the car until you get this sorted out. And plan on an oil change to insure to correct amount of oil is in the engine. And if you know anyone else with a Camaro... beat feet to them right now...in another car with that dipstick in hand...
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:17 AM   #33
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
FTW ...get a factory cable dipstick see this post https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509425
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote