Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-28-2022, 08:27 PM   #1
kruzinn

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Any Canadians willing to sell vert?

Hey gents,

Located in Edmonton, Alberta. I've been looking for the right car, and not willing to settle.

Under 20,000km
Manual Transmission
Color choice 1. Silver 2. White. 3. Black
Not sure if they made any metallic colors or not?

No mods, all OEM.

Will pay right price, for right car.

Thanks
kruzinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:39 AM   #2
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Just a tease. I read your other thread. Not sure if it’s worth double your SS vert. I have mgw shifter, overdrive pulley with Ati super damper, oil catch can and wilwood separate clutch reservoir for mods.

When you find one make sure it comes with a targa top cover as it was difficult and $$ to find one. GM doesn’t make nor have any.

FYI, SIM(silver ice Metalic) ZL1 vert manuals are the least production #’s. 2013 might be easier to find than 14/15. 2014 only 23 total SIM verts, manual(~8) & automatic(~15) produced.
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 12:24 PM   #3
kruzinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Just a tease. I read your other thread. Not sure if it’s worth double your SS vert. I have mgw shifter, overdrive pulley with Ati super damper, oil catch can and wilwood separate clutch reservoir for mods.

When you find one make sure it comes with a targa top cover as it was difficult and $$ to find one. GM doesn’t make nor have any.

FYI, SIM(silver ice Metalic) ZL1 vert manuals are the least production #’s. 2013 might be easier to find than 14/15. 2014 only 23 total SIM verts, manual(~8) & automatic(~15) produced.
Thanks for that info. Ya, I saw the build #s for Silver. Crazy not more were ordered in that color, I find you need some contrast with the black trim.

Years don't matter to me 13,14,15. As long as it's original owner and low km. Beautiful car! If you ever decide to sell, keep me in mind.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:51 PM   #4
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzinn View Post
Thanks for that info. Ya, I saw the build #s for Silver. Crazy not more were ordered in that color, I find you need some contrast with the black trim.

Years don't matter to me 13,14,15. As long as it's original owner and low km. Beautiful car! If you ever decide to sell, keep me in mind.
Good luck with your search. The search is half the fun. Mine under 15k miles but they come as a set. Silver and black with no accents
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2022, 07:35 PM   #5
kruzinn

Quote:
Good luck with your search. The search is half the fun. Mine under 15k miles but they come as a set. Silver and black with no accents
Omg, what a garage! You're one lucky man in nailing down the silver, looks the best imo for the Gen 5.

Finding a silver one in Canada will be a needle in a haystack, but I'll keep searching. If I found one in the US, I may even go through the hassle of importing it, since I would never sell. I'm almost 50, gonna be in my garage till they throw some dirt on me, lol

Cheers!
Old 05-29-2022, 07:49 PM   #6
kruzinn

Quote:
here's a link to the one I had. It was pretty rare spec for a SS.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LdA_loF9hKA
Old 05-29-2022, 08:47 PM   #7
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
here's a link to the one I had. It was pretty rare spec for a SS.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LdA_loF9hKA
Nice convertible

Why not just go with SS again? The ZL1 is awesome but I use it for a fun sunshine driver that an SS can do the same thing for, except for it being a ZL1.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:04 PM   #8
kruzinn

Quote:
Nice convertible

Why not just go with SS again? The ZL1 is awesome but I use it for a fun sunshine driver that an SS can do the same thing for, except for it being a ZL1.
Another SS would be like buying a Ferrari California instead of a F12.

I'd get a new Gen 6, but I'm a big boy at 6'4, 225lbs. The Gen 5 is much roomier, not to mention, it looks better.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:08 PM   #9
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Another SS would be like buying a Ferrari California instead of a F12.

I'd get a new Gen 6, but I'm a big boy at 6'4, 225lbs. The Gen 5 is much roomier, not to mention, it looks better.
Great analogy. I agree about gen 5 looking better
Old 05-30-2022, 12:03 PM   #10
kruzinn

Quote:
Great analogy. I agree about gen 5 looking better
Hello, I had no clue there was supercharger issues with the ZL1. Did some research.

Can you inform me with some info if this is true? I understand GM has a 10 year warranty, but if I find a 2013/14 that doesn't give me a ton of coverage.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2022, 01:45 PM   #11
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Hello, I had no clue there was supercharger issues with the ZL1. Did some research.

Can you inform me with some info if this is true? I understand GM has a 10 year warranty, but if I find a 2013/14 that doesn't give me a ton of coverage.

Thanks
I believe that’s the supercharger isolator coupler? Apparently the 14/15’s had the better isolators. But GM has replaced a lot of superchargers for it and then decided to just replace the isolator or pack grease in the area. If I ever get any supercharger/isolator noise, an aftermarket top quality isolator is going in. My 427 is going to drop valves any second now as well. My theory is; I own cares I enjoy and take care of them. If they break, I fix them. With high performance vehicles things are going to go wrong and need maintenance. Just ask some gt350, porche, etc owners.

I’m sure your research is the same as mine. Some have ZL1’s with 100k miles and running strong whereas some with 5k and have had issue after issue.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:33 PM   #12
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
The supercharger issue is an annoyance nothing to get too worried about. The factory coupling has a spring that can fail and it causes a rattle. It will cause some wear on the input shaft but its strictly cosmetic and hurts nothing. A solid isolator is cheap and will fix the problem for good, for some reason GM chose to replace the whole supercharger assembly instead of the coupler. Generally if the vehicle is to be left stock its not worth changing the isolator unless its noisy. If your changing pulley combinations it is a good idea to swap the isolator with a solid unit.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 01:58 PM   #13
SoftopZL1

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Found a 15 with 30k km in Edmonton for my dad, manual convertible in grey. Dealer didn't have it posted so it never made it on line, looking at vettes but ended up with what I think is a rare car for the year and options
SoftopZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:54 AM   #14
kruzinn

Ya, you bought in in Sherwood Park, right?

Nice car, congrats