Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2022, 06:25 AM   #15
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
acammer - i am gonna take your advise when I store it this time.

I would think that condensation would not be a issue in my "heated" garage, but the combination of old gas from the previous year and cheap gas this year could be the issue. And the Ethanol acting like a water magnet.
I added 5 gallons of top tier Premium from a Marathon Station yesterday, which pretty much filled up the tank to a full level, and a shot of Lucas Fuel treatment mixed in, and it fired right up.

I am now more inclined that the 10% Ethanol is not the main culprit, but more so the old gas, the and non Top Tier cheap gas from Circle K.
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:41 AM   #16
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I wanted to call out one thing... when you store it, I would fill the tank (with gasoline with as little ethanol content as possible) vs. leaving it at a quarter of a tank. When the car goes through heat cycles, if there is space on the tank walls and roof that's a place for condensation to form. A fully topped off tank will not afford moisture any place to form. I typically just fill up really full, add the full tank treatment worth of stabil, and drive the 5 miles home.
^^^^
This