Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
BasedSS

Drives: 2014 SS
First Friday at the track, Summit Point

By far one of the best experiences of my life. And the instructors at the track are top notch. Cant wait to go again!
Attached Images

2014 SS Stainless Works Headers w/ high flow cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Exhaust, Jannety Tune, Hurst short throw, APEX catch can, Tampa Tunning Throttle Body, APEX/Gen5 LED fogs, CAI Intake system, Diode Dynamics LED's, ACS T4 Splitter
BasedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
BasedSS

More to come, have some videos as well.
Attached Images

2014 SS Stainless Works Headers w/ high flow cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Exhaust, Jannety Tune, Hurst short throw, APEX catch can, Tampa Tunning Throttle Body, APEX/Gen5 LED fogs, CAI Intake system, Diode Dynamics LED's, ACS T4 Splitter
Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
The snow is funny. Glad you had fun!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
cool man. love to see guys out there driving their cars. post your videos. im going for my first run of the season friday. we are going to road atlanta this weekend, sebring in a month, and VIR in june.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedSS View Post
By far one of the best experiences of my life. And the instructors at the track are top notch. Cant wait to go again!
Looks like SP Main. I'm going up for the FATT on Friday March 28th. You going that soon? You'll like it better when the road and the tires are a little warmer

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #6
BasedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
cool man. love to see guys out there driving their cars. post your videos. im going for my first run of the season friday. we are going to road atlanta this weekend, sebring in a month, and VIR in june.
One of my buddies was giving me shit about taking the car out there. "Why would you take that car to the track" I said "If i wanted to buy a nice looking car I would get a BMW or Audi" I bought this to DRIVE it!!

I am planning on going to VIR in June as well! Maybe Ill see you there.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #7
BasedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Looks like SP Main. I'm going up for the FATT on Friday March 28th. You going that soon? You'll like it better when the road and the tires are a little warmer
Yup, already signed up for the one on the 28th, I will see you there!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #8
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Damn Mini Cooper's, they were the bane of my existence in my Saturn...
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner View Post
Damn Mini Cooper's, they were the bane of my existence in my Saturn...
Watch me blow past one about halfway through here, like he was standing still:

http://youtu.be/hPL8PF8JpZM

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #10
JOHNSONROD

i just noticed the flag stand is gone. did they bury it with oak tree? what did they do with oak tree? they should have some furniture made and sell it to rich people or give it to me. maybe paul newman wooden cocktail glasses or steve mcqueen official VIR oak tree toothpicks. 'for badasses with a budget"
i want an oak tree surfboard strapped to the top of my new mini cooper woody. i traded my cam for a mini cooper because they are so awesome on the track.
sorry. bored. going to make some coffee and go to the shop.
what are some other uses for the late great oak tree??
Old 03-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
i just noticed the flag stand is gone. did they bury it with oak tree? what did they do with oak tree? they should have some furniture made and sell it to rich people or give it to me. maybe paul newman wooden cocktail glasses or steve mcqueen official VIR oak tree toothpicks. 'for badasses with a budget"
i want an oak tree surfboard strapped to the top of my new mini cooper woody. i traded my cam for a mini cooper because they are so awesome on the track.
sorry. bored. going to make some coffee and go to the shop.
what are some other uses for the late great oak tree??
New flag stand coming, will be in a position a little further down the track so that more people can observe it. Kinda hard to get close to the start/finish line right now if you're not a racer.

They saved all the oak from the oak tree and are going to sell souvenirs, I hear.

They moved all the flag stations around the Oak Tree so if you are not paying attention you won't even know they are there . I missed the checkered flag that is only shown at one of the new secret Oak Tree flag stations and instead was aggressively tailing the hell out of some honda that had inexplicably slowed down on the back straight and not given me a point-by, even though I was 6 feet off his back bumper. Ooops.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #12
JOHNSONROD

i did that at mid ohio. i look like a dumbass on the incar video. im sawing and going like hell and i catch a pack of cars in front of me right before the start finish or my stupid ass woulda run another lap. thank goodness i noticed before i ran another lap.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #13
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
BasedSS, what was the air temp that day? I knew that March was going to be a cold month which is one of the reasons I decided to go for May 2nd.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures, video and comments of your track day.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #14
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR

Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
i'll be out there this weekend for the SCCA PDX/TT event. Several hours of track time.

Summit is a great track!
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote