Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #15
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I've had my seat creak but htought nothing of it at first.. Now it may drive me nuts..lol... Actually this is not a concern for me unless it gets worse... The faulty transmissions are my biggest concern.
I was hoping I could get past it, but it's just too annoying when I'm not cranking my music. I really don't see any excuse for an issue like this.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 AM   #16
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
I was hoping I could get past it, but it's just too annoying when I'm not cranking my music. I really don't see any excuse for an issue like this.
It's probably just a loose cushion inside the seat.. It should be covered under warranty, let them send you a new seat if its really bad.. I won't bother with it though.. I'm more worried about the big issue of the manual tranny's shaft busting in two if I hit it hard with launch control a few times at a track..
Old 07-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Same problem here. Took about 2 weeks for it to start. It appears to be the seatbelt lock. When I rotate it forward, it stops. Don't know how to get ride of it though.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #18
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
take it to the dealership heck why pay 25000 or more for a car that has issues take that stuff in
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #19
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Try bumping it forward just a tad bit... I have that too when it's FULL back at the stops.

I had the same problem (some noise coming from the passenger seat). I moved the entire seat forward a little bit and it went away.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #20
etrigan

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
Same problem here. Took about 2 weeks for it to start. It appears to be the seatbelt lock. When I rotate it forward, it stops. Don't know how to get ride of it though.
Exactly what it is. After reading your post, I tried wiggling the seat belt lock and it made the sound. If I push it forward a little, the sound stops.

VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9106795

1100, Preliminary order accepted:10/13/08
6000, Del. to me:5/20/09
etrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #21
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by etrigan View Post
Exactly what it is. After reading your post, I tried wiggling the seat belt lock and it made the sound. If I push it forward a little, the sound stops.
I also noticed the same... I guess next time I'm at the dealer I will ask them to replace the seatbelt mechanism....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #22
2Fast4U2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Ok guys here is your fix,

I had the same problem with my 2SS/RS drivers seat. It does sound like it's comming from under the car, but it's not. The seat is ok, they need to replace the whole seat bracket that the seat bolts onto. The fixed all my popping sounds, I hope this helps you guys.
2Fast4U2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #23
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
There is a tech service bulletin fix for this!

My dealer said that GM issued a tech service bulletin for this which required them to lubricate the track mechanism. They did it for me in about a half hour. Problem solved.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #24
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
My dealer said that GM issued a tech service bulletin for this which required them to lubricate the track mechanism. They did it for me in about a half hour. Problem solved.
That doesn't make sense cause the sound is DEFINITELY coming from the seatbelt latch. If you hold the seatbelt in the sound goes away.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
WorldClassRS

Drives: 2010 RJT LT/RS
xTooltipElement
Service Information
2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro (VIN F)Service Manual | View All Bulletins | Document ID: 2287946
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#09-08-50-009A: Scraping/Moaning/Creaking Noise from Front Seats (Apply Lubricant) - (Jun 4, 2009)

Subject: Scraping/Moaning/Creaking Noise from Front Seats (Apply Lubricant)

Models: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add the driver's six-way power seat creak condition. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 09-08-50-009 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

Condition
Some customers may comment about a scraping or moaning type noise coming from the front of the front seat track area. This condition occurs when the seat assembly is being cycled into the full forward position. Some customers may also comment about a creaking noise coming from the driver's six-way power seat when it is in the full rearward position. This condition only applies to six-way power seats.

Cause
This scraping or moaning condition may be caused by the seat position sensor (SPS) making contact with seat position sensor target bracket. This contact is made in the lead in area of the SPS. This contact area controls the function of the SPS. The drivers seat creaking condition may be caused by the lack of lubricant in the rear of the drivers seat track assembly.

Correction
The application of a lubricant to the contact area of the components will eliminate the noise. Use the following steps to apply lubricant to the seat position sensor target bracket, located on the inner seat track and to the rear of the drivers seat tracks.

Move the seat assembly to the rearmost position.
Locate the seat position sensor target bracket on the seat inboard track.
Passenger Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket Location

Passenger Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket

Driver Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket Location

Driver Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket

Apply a thin coating of Super Lube with PTFE, GM P/N 12371287 (in Canada, use P/N 10953437), or the equivalent, to the top and bottom of the driver and passenger seat position sensor target bracket. Coat the full length of the bracket and ensure the coating extends at least 10 mm (0.40 in) from the edge of the bracket as shown.
Cycle the seat to the full forward position and verify the concern is corrected.

With the drivers seat in the full forward position, locate the rear of the inboard and outboard seat tracks.

Using a small screwdriver, pry off the two seat track end caps.

Apply a thin coating of Super Lube with PTFE, GM P/N 12371287 (in Canada, use P/N 10953437), or the equivalent, to the front side of the two stop tabs identified by the arrows, as shown. Repeat the application on the second seat track.
Insure the lubricant covers the area where the lower stops make contact with the upper seat track stops.
Clean up any excess lubricant and reinstall the two seat track end caps.
Parts Information
Part Number
Description

12371287 (U.S.)

10953437 (Canada)
Super Lube with PTFE

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

C9892*
Lubricate Driver And Passenger Seat Position Sensor Bracket
0.2 hr

Add
Lubricate Power Seat Track
0.1 hr

* This is a unique labor operation for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldClassRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #26
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
A squeaky seat would bug the crap out of me.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #27
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Can you guys take some pics for us to check out ? Thanks
Pictures of a noise?
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #28
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568