Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #29
Irishblackcoffee

Drives: 13 1LE GBE M6, 12 VR M6 #872
Hello all, from Boaz, and been wanting to get linked up a camaro club here. I think i will do a couple Rocket City get togethers and would like th link up with the AL5th Gen too. Just give me a shout sometime.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #30
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Definitely let us know, honestly Montgomery is a hair of a stretch for me, but once a month on a weekend or something, I could do that, and I could definitely do Birmingham or south of Birmingham like Alabaster or something.

I wrote this part above and it reminded me of everyone else saying "Yeah just let me know" and then nothing happens. So what I mean is, if it has to be in Montgomery and you can do a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday all this summer then I'm good those days, except June 28 and 29, if it could be in Birmingham then I could do a week night. So definitely let me know and I'll see if I can recruit a few folks. It's like this, if I know there is only going to be 5 of us there, I'll still commit to something, I don't care.

I got two thoughts, you'll hate the first one. But the Chicago people met at a Hooters and it looked nice. And second is to go to the drag strip in Montgomery on a Friday for Test and Tune.

But whatever, I'll be listening for when you get back from your trip
The reason why "let me know" doesn't work is because people typically want someone else to just lead the way and they will show. So you just gotta throw it out there...I'm doing X on Y day, come on out! And they will. It might be slow at first, but it will pick up. I think a lot of people aren't on C5 also, there is a much bigger audience out there...I will start a Facebook page, I know that is a good spot to reach out to the Camaro community (not just 5th Gens) and also post events etc and it's free. I can post up Hayden's webpage on there and maybe we can get this thing going some more!! I will post the link here when I am done setting it up.

Not sure who all is in the Montgomery area, but I would be willing to travel to Birmingham and beyond occasionally. Not sure why you think I would hate the idea of meeting at Hooters...I love Hooters!! I mean, what goes together better than hot cars and hot babes??? Plus, I love their wings! The first possible day I will probably be able to make it to the Montgomery Motorsports Park is on the 21st of June.

Also, there is a GM High Performance Club in the Montgomery area and they meet up with a variety of clubs in the area the last Saturday of every month for a Cruise-In at Flip's Uptown Grill in Montgomery. Sometimes they have themes for their cruise ins which I think make it fun; especially when you might have the same cars show up all the time. For instance, the June one is a Patriotic Theme, August is Elvis Theme, and October is a Halloween Theme.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #31
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Okay everyone, I made an Alabama Camaros Facebook Group Page. It is open to anyone but focuses on the Alabama area. This is where we can post up events to help get the word out about what is going on across the state. Hopefully it will build up involvement and then eventually lead to a state-wide club of sorts. I've already added the Flip's Cruise Ins and will be adding the Test & Tunes for Montgomery. If anyone wants to help out with the admin duties like posting event invites (ie someone from Rocket City Camaro Club) just let me know. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/173934389435353/
Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #32
Buck Heard

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 1SS/RS
Donna,

If you need any help with the admin stuff I would be glad to help!

Buck Heard/President
Rocket City Camaros
Buck Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #33
BamaPam165

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1...SOLD
Thanks for all of this information on a Alabama Camaro club! I have sent a request to join the Facebook page too. We live in Springville, AL and would like to meet up occasionally with other Camaro enthusiast on some weekends. Thanks to all of those putting in the hard work on getting the group started.
BamaPam165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #34
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Heard View Post
Donna,

If you need any help with the admin stuff I would be glad to help!

Buck Heard/President
Rocket City Camaros
Buck, I will add you as an admin! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPam165 View Post
Thanks for all of this information on a Alabama Camaro club! I have sent a request to join the Facebook page too. We live in Springville, AL and would like to meet up occasionally with other Camaro enthusiast on some weekends. Thanks to all of those putting in the hard work on getting the group started.
Thanks for joining the page!! Look forward to getting some events going!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #35
Buck Heard

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 1SS/RS
Rocket City Camaros/Earth Fare show tonight!

Rocket City Camaros is having its monthly mini car show at Earth Fare tonight at 4:30p. Address is 5900C University Drive Huntsville, AL. Come and meet some of our members and enjoy some good food from Earth Fare who will be cooking out front near the car display. Hope to see some of you there!

Buck Heard/President
Rocket City Camaros
Buck Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #36
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Hey everyone, looking to see if we can set up a cruise down to the USS Alabama in Mobile this fall, please stop by our FB page and let us know if you are interested!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...=group_comment
Old 07-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #37
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I'm in Auburn so only around 45 min from Montgomery.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #38
DBLTAP1

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow
Did this die? Have been waiting on updates and for it to get going.
DBLTAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #39
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLTAP1 View Post
Did this die? Have been waiting on updates and for it to get going.
Haven't seen anything from alabama5thgen.com

Wow...been over two years since the last entry.

Check out all these on FaceBook

ALABAMA CAMAROS

SOUTHEAST ALABAMA CAMAROS, out of Dothan

ROCKET CITY CAMAROS out of Huntsville

MAGIC CITY CAMAROS out of Birmingham.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote