Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Local Marketplace

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #57
Matts Electric

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
Great tuner!!

Thanks for your help Phil, my sons car is a beast!! I like the fact that you take the time to go over the logs carefully and apply tuning to the problem areas to achieve the best tune! I use to race Outlaw 10.5 with a twin turbo setup and Steve Petty did my tuning he would take the time like you did to give me one of the fastest cars in the country. I guess I have good judgement choosing the best tuners around period!!
Thanks again Phil
Matt
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2015, 06:30 AM   #58
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Thanks Matt for the complements and im glad you can enjoy the car more now than from the original tune done for you car.

Ive always tracked Steve Perry because he's a true professional calibrator with many of the fastest cars in the world..... and I mean real race world not internet world lol.

There's "tuners" around here that cant tell the difference between true knock and false knock and how to calibrate for it.

I calibrate the vehicles to a safe optimum level, and it was a pleasure working on you and your son's project.

Remember always check your fluids before drag racing.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #59
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Corvette Camaro CTS G8 Cobalt Tuner in Tampa Orlando Bradenton

Check out our Facebook page for some great projects that Tampa Tuning is working on.

Bolt ons ZL1 6l90 with Stainless headers, ID850s, Vmax, Rotofab, and Tampa Tuning.

Stock 1LE with CAI, race scoop and Tampa Tuning

Stock 2006 6l80 Corvette with Tampa Tuning

Old 03-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #60
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

The little red engine that could

Well it took a lot of figuring out, but we nailed it. I would to have liked to try an LLT with bolt ons first, but that didn't work.
This LLT Camaro was pretty damn cool. So to totally erase the previous calibration, we had to write over the current calibration with a different year and different VIN LLT, then write the actual vin and OEM calibration. Once we did that, HP Tuners was able to access and download the computer mapping.
we were into the car for about 5 hours and still will get more time into it once it comes back in couple weeks. Im not going to throw the dyno number out there yet, because I think there's still some more power to me found.
Before the car ran 4-5 pounds of boost with a AFR under 10.9. We were able to get 7-8 pounds of boost and lean it out to 11.5. The power still needs to improve but at Tampa Tuning we figured out how to calibrate the little engine that could.....LLT Click the picture for the video

Last edited by Tampa Tuning; 03-23-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #61
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Camaro Corvette CTS GTO Cobalt Ford Dodge, Calibrator for Tampa Orlando Bradenton

Just a little something different.
1st the 2014 Chevy SS
and a
2010 Cobalt with 27 then 30 pounds of boost
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #62
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Camaro Corvette CTS GTO Cobalt Ford Dodge, Calibrator for Tampa Orlando Bradenton

Its always good to see an Email string like this:

Phil,
I talked to you a couple years back about tuning my Camaro. We had it dyno tuned in Colorado Springs. We now live in South Carolina and she runs like crap. I have attached the stock bin and the tuned bin. Please take a look and see what you can do to make her right!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My response:

To put it mildly, it looks like a 4th grader with crayons tuned it. Im surprised you noticed much of a difference.

Be careful because it’s going to be a different car than you’re used to. Your transmission didn't have much done to it........ But neither did your engine, so I just converted it to a Tampa Tuning calibration.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner response:

Phil,
You are a magician my friend! I fricking love the car now! All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!!! and I cannot wait for my wife to drive it as she was ready to hang that car out to dry and go buy a new one.THANK YOU Phil, you saved my car!

Thanks again,
David R.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #63
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Phil just tuned my car about two weeks ago, after I had an aftermarket cam installed. He is METICULOUS when it comes to these tunes. He starts on the low end and progressively bumps up the RPM in small increments to make sure everything is at it's optimum level throughout the entire RPM range. His tunes probably take a little more time than some other tuners around here, but I can tell you, it's worth it!!! I had a very mild cam installed because drivability was important to me. After the tune, my car feels like a BEAST, has a wonderful "rumble" to it, and is still has every ounce of drivability she had before. I should have done this a long time ago!!! Phil has earned my trust and respect as an LSx tuner, and I will undoubtedly be a life-long customer any time I need my tune adjusted for new mods. I give Tampa Tuning my highest recommendation….you won't be disappointed!!! Thanks for the awesome tune Phil, hope to see you again soon….maybe after a Supercharger!!!
Old 05-23-2015, 05:47 AM   #64
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Camaro Corvette CTS Mustang Challenger tuner in Tampa Orlando Bradenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Phil just tuned my car about two weeks ago, after I had an aftermarket cam installed. He is METICULOUS when it comes to these tunes. He starts on the low end and progressively bumps up the RPM in small increments to make sure everything is at it's optimum level throughout the entire RPM range. His tunes probably take a little more time than some other tuners around here, but I can tell you, it's worth it!!! I had a very mild cam installed because drivability was important to me. After the tune, my car feels like a BEAST, has a wonderful "rumble" to it, and is still has every ounce of drivability she had before. I should have done this a long time ago!!! Phil has earned my trust and respect as an LSx tuner, and I will undoubtedly be a life-long customer any time I need my tune adjusted for new mods. I give Tampa Tuning my highest recommendation….you won't be disappointed!!! Thanks for the awesome tune Phil, hope to see you again soon….maybe after a Supercharger!!!
Thanks for the kudos my friend. I cant wait to see how the summit "all cylinders" article comes out from Pete.

The difference between me and other guys is im trained to calibrate and the others learned to tune by tinkering.

I spend a long time working the low end of the car RPM band where you spend most of your time. When I like the way the low end numbers look, I start to calibrate the WOT.

Im a professional that is professionally trained.

Enjoy the cam and have some fun in it!

Thanks
Phil
Old 06-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #65
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Tampa tuner

Added a bunch of dyno sheets from your cars to the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning
Old 06-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #66
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Corvette Camaro tuner in Tampa Orlando

Breaking the 300 mark with the LFX V6 Camaro with the Mace cams.

real nice gains through out the band. We couldn't finish the original baseline pulls because the car was breaking up
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #67
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Nice ZL1 Camaro A6 we did with just and air intake, Vmax, and upper pulley dyno in at 548 RWHP by the professionals at Tampa Tuning.
Headers, cam, and stall next.
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Tags
corvette camaro tuner tampa orlando