Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #57
coolman

I used to order cars only and never bought from the lot until I got a little wiser, and I realized that I could save money mostof the time by buying off the lot. I also like to wait and buy year end models for even more saving. You have to realize that in most cases when you order your waiting a long time plus most of the time you pay a lot more to get one or two things that you thought you needed that you probably won't use much anyhow. I've had very few times were I couldn't come close to what I would have ordered anyhow from buying off the lot.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:44 AM   #58
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
I have done both. Unless you can find the exact car that you want on the lot order or you will forever regret your decision. I did with my 98 Z-28. I really wanted an SS and I was never happy until I got one
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #59
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
I got mine the exact way I wanted it. I refused to settle, and from the moment the wife said ok...it took me about 4 days scouring the net to find it. Got it used with only 2500 miles on it. I paid a lil over 8k less than the guy before me. Plus didnt have to wait for ever like you will when u order it. The real question is...to waste the same amount to supercharge it by ordering, or buy it used and buy supercharger. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Also, if you settle...the one/few things you didnt end up with will bug the hell out of you.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #60
Bulldog68

Drives: 2006 F250 Fx4 6.0 Powerstroke
I won't be settling that is for sure. I will weight out all the options and see what I come up with. I am not trading anything in and I am really not in any big hurry. I don't "have" to have the car right now. I really want it right now, but it can go without a little longer. I would definitely like to find one on a lot cause I am one of those that has to see it and put their hands on it. It's really bad sometimes. Like at the store when buying a DVD or anything, I always pick up the one in the front to get to the case behind it and then put the first one back. And ofcourse parting with my well earned cash is difficult as well. But that is another novel.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #61
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Rumors are going around regarding a HP hike and interior rework for 2012. That won't stop me, but you may consider it if it's just a frivolous purchase for you at the moment.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #62
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
I'm ordering but that's only cos my Z28 isn't available yet. . . If I was going 2SS RS I'd compromise on color and save money off the lot!

Old 12-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #63
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
My dealer traded with another that was in the next city over for my car. It was no hassle. And stripes can always be added later, although I would go painted. The little pinstripe around the main stripe was chipping after 6 mo in the vinyl. I now have custom painted stripes and loving it.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #64
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog68 View Post
I won't be settling that is for sure. I will weight out all the options and see what I come up with. I am not trading anything in and I am really not in any big hurry. I don't "have" to have the car right now. I really want it right now, but it can go without a little longer. I would definitely like to find one on a lot cause I am one of those that has to see it and put their hands on it. It's really bad sometimes. Like at the store when buying a DVD or anything, I always pick up the one in the front to get to the case behind it and then put the first one back. And ofcourse parting with my well earned cash is difficult as well. But that is another novel.
Well then you definitely should order!!

You never know who has test drove (or how) the ones on the lot.
It' not like they will have rows of new Camaros in the exact configuration you are looking for, never been driven... just move the first one and take the second one .

Work the dealerships to get what you want at the price you want, Make Sure they have Allocation. Place your order, sit back and wait 6 - 8 weeks (maybe longer in some cases), then you know exactly what you are getting!!
My 2 cents
Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #65
nwiabikr

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Just received mine 10 days ago so will give some info based on recent experience.
I didn't want some of the options that cars on the lot had and saved money by ordering the car with fewer options. I went with 2SS RS M6 and nothing else. This had everything I wanted.
One very important question to ask your dealer is if they have an allocation for a Camaro. If they don't it will take much longer to get your car. ie Chevy won't accept the order until your dealer receives the allocation. My dealer said it would be here in 4-6 weeks and it took 12 weeks.....This was an agonizing wait but made me love her that much more when she finally arrived. The car had 13 miles when I picked it up and noone else had taken it for a test drive....yes she was a virgin.....
In regards to the price I went on the Consumer Reports website to compare the asking price to the invoice price and there was only about a $1000 difference.
I was expecting an awesome car when I ordered it but when it arrived it was even better than what I expected.
hope this helps.
nwiabikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #66
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Look for used one.

More $$'s for mods!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #67
SuperH
Synergized

Drives: 2011 SGM M6 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
For exact color combo you will have to order or compromise. You could always try to find a nice used 2SS for alot cheaper if you have to compromise. I say Order. I did and I have never looked back. There has not been one like mine yet that was not ordered.
Fortunately for me, my Synergy Green Camaro 2SS/RS was EXACTLY as I'd order it (for the coupe... I had black picked out for the convertible)... aside from the front license plate bracket. I would not have ordered it. It even had a coat of polymer applied at the dealership (versus wax), just as I use. I lucked out.

Even the factory Hurst Short Throw Shifter and Sunroof were right on target. It was as if I ordered it!

The license plate bracket wasn't installed, either.

The one thing to remember about ordering versus purchasing off of the lot... Once you order a car, the dealer knows that is the car you want, and may be less willing to work with you on price. There is no pretending that it has something (or lacks) that you'd rather have (or not) - you ordered it.
SuperH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #68
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
Go to yahoo main page. To the left is an autos tab...hit that. It will ask for your zip so put that it, hit go. Plug in Chevy/Camaro/2010-2011/and to the far left keep it simple. If too descriptive there it will limit lots of cars because the company just didnt use that word and such. I just typed ss, and then searched every day for a only a yellow 2ss rs and as tempting as it is, dont deviate from the one you wanted. You will find it, and you can negotiate any used car price. I changed the mileage from my zip for the search radius from 300 miles to any and found mine at 325 miles from me in Atlanta. Called them, negotiated down, test drive, left all in like an hour and a half because I was already preapproved with my bank. Did negotiating on the phone prior to big trip, no problems there, and left out the door financing only 32k. I payed TT and L out of pocket. It had only 2500 miles, because the guy had shoulder issues and needed an automatic. Clean CarFax perfect immaculate machine. Do a little work save thousands, be lazy and pay for it. I believe my way is faster too. What is shipping on these like 2.5-3 months? My wife saying yes to me driving off with it-4 days.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #69
Lakota005

Drives: 2010 Terrain
buy off the lot only

if it was EXACTLY what I wanted. Meaning color and options. Otherwise Order it. I had a jerk salesman try to sell me a Dodge Charger when I wanted a Challenger. Needless to say I didn't buy either and bought a GMC Terrain off the lot at the local dealer.
Lakota005 is offline   Reply With Quote